Indica connoisseurs

rolo ishtar

Member
Hello fellow gardeners

Like many, I mainly grow haze crosses with the odd indica for the evening. I have this batch of Mk cross seeds that i’ve been using for years ( I like kush), but lately I was thinking of some diversity on this side of the fence.
After some time reading through the threads, I feel the hole is just getting deeper . I know it isn’t that deep… still, I would have to cross to The Dark Side to get acquainted to its mysteries ..
By now , I’ve got my hands on Shit, Mk/Sk and Nl5/Sk , yet the pull is getting stronger… Devil, Nordle ,G13’s are calling me.
Can you please decipher these mermaids for me ? How are they different ? Are there standouts ?Some strong/weak points? …Character even?..
Is it even worth the fuss ?
 
@rolo ishtar you might get more tailored answers if you told us what you are looking for and what your physiology likes and how it responds. Any flavors or aromas you especially like and or dislike, how loud does it need to be, are you looking for muscle relaxation, something that blocks nerve pain, funtional alert body high or a state of blissful unawareness while you sink underneath an increasingly large pile of chemical orange cheeto dust? Do u want an indica that puts u to sleep if so which ones currently do that for you, if not, please elaborate.

Anyways, I second the Medicine Man and Masterkush Skunk. Medicine Man was an understanded herbal flavor with lots of delicate heads that drift away like fresh snow at the lightest touch. Perfect for extractions. Here is a finished nug.
full


Masterkush Skunk will give a much more upfront and often pungent flavor and aroma and is louder. It will run the gamut from sweaty gym socks to creamy cappucinnos and anywhere between. I found even heavily seeded bonsai sized samples to fully relax, have a lingering flavor, and help with pain.

As for g13, I have tried Shantibabas unreleased G13HzAC. Very nice! It uses his reaquired G13 and his HzAC stud. I can't comment much on the f1's as they weren't run nor dried and cured properly. They all had sharp gassy bergamot aromas though. I did a test batch of f2 from the lowest yielding but loudest and most astringent female and her f2 were surprisingly locked in. Like the MKS the f2 even fully seeded are potent. Here is the f2 of G13HzAC.
full


Critical Mass could be a good option if you like hashy flavored large dense buds. I did a bonsai grow that got seeded and didn't flower long enough and I was surprised how much it morphed after a few months. I didn't expect much but this can put me to sleep, sorta like GDP. Critical Mass is supposed to be a parent of GDP, so that makes sense. The Crit had more oomph and the flavor and aroma morphed more than I had expected.
 
It's hard to offer advice on many of these as they are by nature not locked in and quite variable. The G13 crosses are the only ones that have been stabilized to any degree. By this I mean the pheno's I have tried may not be the sought after ones or indeed the good ones. So my advise is a bit skewed. Whatever the case, you will have to search for the variety and pheno that work for you. Also, unfortunately, just because it's not in the first pack doesn't mean it's not in that variety. If it was me, i would start looking through what you have already. It's easy to want more than you need in this area. Trust me I know. From my experience Critical Mass or Medicine Man would be my choice if you were to re-order. Grab two packs of each. Stay safe.
 
Last edited:
Do u want an indica that puts u to sleep if so which ones currently do that for you, if not, please elaborate.
Hi D and thanks for the reply .
I like sleepy , muscle relaxing , but also euphoric, hell I think I like them all, just can tell which is which.
Just like Uncle Jack said , phenotype is tricky bussines… so hard to pinpoint stuff ; but characteristics still apply to strains.
I’ll definitely try MedMad and CM.
I’ve got 2 MkSk and 3 Nl5Sk seedlings going atm , as a start.
Any info on the Shit -Nordle-Devil trio ? How would they compare to one another ? I mean .., it seems a straight line from Skunk to Afghan with different stops , yet people are of different opinions.
And another comparison for you .., Ortega and Nl5Afg … wtf ? ..They SEEM the same …
The thing I’m most interested in is Effect , with flavour coming second.
Any sketchy map will do.

I thank You, fine gentlemen , for putting up and providing such info.
 
Any info on the Shit -Nordle-Devil trio ? How would they compare to one another ? I mean .., it seems a straight line from Skunk to Afghan with different stops , yet people are of different opinions.
Shit is not Skunk crossed with an Afghan, it is skunk crossed with an Afghan dominant pure Skunk. So, more india than some Skunks, but still not a heavy indica. I have only tried a Shit hybrid, I had it crossed with Afghan Haze, which I loved! It had a sweet tarts and papaya flavor and aroma. Great for festivals or rallies but would give me a early afternoon or midafternoon nap if i wasnt careful. Pretty much everything I have tried with Shantis Afghan was amazing! They all inherited this trait, where the trichomes sit on long brittle stalks making them just beg to be made in hash!
full
full
 
Back
Top