• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

Honolulu Haze and Sannie's Jack pheno hunt

Day 7 of flower.

The Honolulu Hazes are showing more vigour than the Sannie's Jacks.
I expected that since the Jack's are a already heavy worked line.

It is getting cold so I will install a heating mat today and make a cut as a back up from each plant.
Feeding from now on is 2ml/l Alga Bloom.

I plan to do a severe pruning or even lollipop them this round.

Tent23.jpgTent24.jpgTent25.jpg

They look a bit different today, pherhaps I was a bit to eager with ✂️.
I took a cut from each of them and installed a heating mat under the tray.

Leaf temp is around 23-24°C now and I also installed my SP3000 @75% 12/12.
The other lamp (Easygrow S600 V2) was giving me trouble with the dimming knob and it was severly lacking power after measuring.

Al this will cause stress to them, not a bad thing in this selection round. 🥜🍌🌰

They do look perky again today and are in good health.
Curious were this is going.

Tent26.jpg

Honolulu's have a blue tag:

Tent27.jpg

The Jacks a red tag:

Tent28.jpg

I noticed two of the Jacks are showing early resin (#3 and #1):

Tent29(SJ3).jpgTent30(SJ1).jpg

Day 14 of flowering today, 6 days after their haircut.
I first thought that the pruning was to severe, now I am considering in another light prune. :oops:

I see good vigour in the Honolulu Hazes, the Sannies Jacks are behind and I will leave them alone from now on.

Remarkable canopy growth this week:

Tent31.jpg

Tent32.jpgTent33.jpgTent34.jpg

Honolulu's are also showing some resin already and al plants have shown sex now.

Tent35(HH).jpgTent36(HH).jpg

Thank you Grünhilde.😊

-Plagron Light mix + Bat Guano
-Alga Grow/ Alga Bloom/ Green Sensation
-Rainwater
-Start easy with the LED's
-And most important, lots of love! 😄💚
I am going to change the brand of fertilizers and substrate. And I'm hesitating between Canna Biobizz or Plagron. I also don't know whether to choose an organic/natural/Allmix range or something lighter. Any recommendations for these Haze and sativa hybrids?

I am going to change the brand of fertilizers and substrate. And I'm hesitating between Canna Biobizz or Plagron. I also don't know whether to choose an organic/natural/Allmix range or something lighter. Any recommendations for these Haze and sativa hybrids?
I tried those brands Salva and they are all good.
Plagron is my first choice, simple and the cost is low for me.
I do not follow schedules anymore, good basic soil mix with basic grow and bloom and a PK booster is al what is needed.
Over the years I tried many things to improve, never found anything that impressed me really.

In any case, a lighter mix or total organic is the easiest to grow sativa hybrids.
You can adjust as needed.

I re-did a test this year in the Shed Shack to see if Light Mix gives lesser quality to Bat Mix,
My friend, my brother and I can't tell the difference with my style of growing.
Pherhaps a longer cure will show other results.

With your HPS light I killed it before with the same combo as shared here.
With LED I keep Silick Rock and Calmag close and If I see any signs of stunted growth or unusual coloring I add some until I see improved vigour and up the food.
I never used these additives in al my years of HPS growing. And even now I only use them when needed, quality soil should have these elements in abundance.
If the cost of electricity was low I would change to HPS in winter time, I kind of miss my DE HPS.

Keep it simple!

Day 21 of flowering.

I pruned them yet again this week, these Hononlulu's do have great vigour and a nice vibrant colour to them.
Apart from the fan leaves I took also a branch from each of them.
As I don't need an extra anymore, al the cuts are rooting and I can open them up a bit more.

I left the Jack's more alone, they show serious inbred depression to me but they do show very early resin.
Bud development is lacking.
I can't rule out that they just were to young, I usually let them veg 2 weeks longer.
Second half of flowering could still be a surprise.

Light is at 80% and feeding is 3ml/l Alga bloom.
The Honolulu's are hungry.

Tent37.jpgTent38.jpgTent39.jpgTent40.jpg

Sannies Jack:

Tent41(SJ).jpg

Honolulu Haze:

Tent42(HH).jpgTent43(HH).jpg

So far so good, they do smell strongly.

Your garden is as green as ever. I'm beginning to wonder if you're even capable of growing unhappy plants. Lol. Mr. Green Thumb, for sure.

Keep up the great work Swifty. I hope you get some killer phenos.

Diesel840

Back