• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

Honolulu Haze and Sannie's Jack pheno hunt

Swifty

'23, '24 COE Winner
Time to bust some seeds (love how Shantibaba says it 😄)!

The plan is to go through some fem seeds I have in the fridge from some lines that interested me for several years now.
I bought them in 2020 and 2021.
Same approach as my Neville's Haze Mango pheno hunt, this time no MNS seeds, I only have a 2-3 months before it gets cold in the tent and so my Neville's Haze hunt has to wait untill spring next year.

-Honolulu Haze always intrigued me and is derived from Neville's work, not much more info to find.
I have 15 fems here.
-Sannie's Jack fem should be a well worked Jack Herer from Sensi. I had the privilige to smoke a lot of good Jack Herer in early 2000's from coffeeshops in North Holland and even score some coffeeshop cut's back then. Stellar smoke!
I have 5 fems (and still a couple of packs of the regs for later).
-As last I have 5 fems of Western Winds (also have a couple of regulars still in the fridge).

After 6 days of placing them in water I have 15/15 up from the Honolulus and 5/5 of the Jacks.
The Western Winds still not a single one...

Curious to see how these will turn out.😊

Tent4.jpg

Attachments

• Tent1.jpg
    Tent1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • Tent2.jpg
    Tent2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • Tent3.jpg
    Tent3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
A week later and they are doing fine.
I set the LED at 40% and put is a bit higher (50cm).
They started to streth a bit at 25% (30cm).

I see some leaf mutations forming on a couple and the one in the round pot is a late Western Winds.
There is another one attempting to breach the surface.

Tent5.jpgTent6.jpg

Little update from the tent:

It has been two weeks now and they are growing well.

-A bit dissapointed in the Western Winds, only 2/5 came up and they both were duds, no growth tip so I culled them today.
-Honolulu Haze is at 14 plants, 1 was heavily mutated and almost didn't progress this week.
Out of 14, 1 is a dwarf and one show signs of variegation. I will see how they develop this week.
-Sannie's Jack has 3 healthy plants and 2 mutated but they seem to outgrow it.

They all look very broad leaf, let's see what happens when they mature.
Today I gave them their first small feed at 2ml/L Alga Grow, they will be topped soon.
Led is at 50% as of today.

Front row is Sannie's Jack except the left one, rest is Honolulu Haze:

Tent7.jpgTent8.jpg

Thanks Longball!
You've seen only one and that is my keeper cut.;)
Still have several packs of regs to go through so no worries.
Greetings.

Oh, my mistake. Seeing pictures of it in 2022.2023, and 2024 made me think that you were growing new plants each year. Planting Western Winds this year reinforced my belief you were using seeds in the past. Now I remember, the Shed Shack grow was a clone. All the other grows too?

Longball

Oh, my mistake. Seeing pictures of it in 2022.2023, and 2024 made me think that you were growing new plants each year. Planting Western Winds this year reinforced my belief you were using seeds in the past. Now I remember, the Shed Shack grow was a clone. All the other grows too?

Longball
Indeed Longball, I already found the cut before I started being active here.
I do remember that you were quite fond of her from the very first time you saw her.
I'm guessing that she is around 6 years old now, younger than the SSH cut.

Here you can see her over the years : https://mrnice.nl/forum/media/albums/western-winds.101/

Now back to Jack and Honolulu!!:cool:

Hello everyone,

A bit busy but here a quick update, after exactly 3 weeks in the tent they look nice and on track.
When opening the tent I get a familiar smell, coffee!

Tent9.jpgTent10.jpg

They grow at a good pace and are past their 6th node.
I've prepared them this week by loading them with Alga Grow (3ml/l) and I did my best to keep them between waterlogged and too dry.
This way I try to avoid deficiencies from early on, no Calmag or Silicium used so far.
Led is @60%.
A soon as the soil is a bit dryer I will top them and prune some banches to prepare them for taking mom's and flower.

Tent11.jpg

I've culled 3 more plants, here is a dwarf and a variegated Honolulu Haze:

Tent12.jpgTent13.jpg

And a mutated Sannie's Jack, doesn't seem right to me:

Tent14.jpg

This leaves me with 4 SJ and 12HH to work with for now.

Looking pretty good, Swifty. That is a very weird leaf on the SJ! No WW?

Longball
Thanks Longball, it is a mutated plant hence the weirdness.

And no WW, I culled them.
A bit dissapointed in the Western Winds, only 2/5 came up and they both were duds, no growth tip so I culled them today.

So I just prepared them further to flower out.
They will be transplanted this week.

Tent15.jpgTent16.jpg

I cut the branche and leaves on the lowest node, keep 2 nodes for branching and most important the leaves under the branches in this stage.
The rest goes away, SJ gives a unusual chemical smell this early on when brused.
Honolulu more sour and stinky but nothing special so far.

Tent17.jpgTent18.jpg

A very clear difference between the 2 lines: SJ has clear hollow stems, HH not so much.
Does not mean much to me.

Tent19.jpg

I expected so more thinner leaves by now but to me they are heavy indica leaning.

The plants are transplanted in their final pots, again in the Light-Mix ammended with Bat Guano.
After transplant I trimmed the remaining fan leaves of and gave them a watering with nemathodes.
Hope I get rid of the fungus gnats .
Eeach plant has 4 branches left for now.
I gave them a last feeding today of 3ml/L Alga Grow.

Tomorrow first day of flower will start:

Tent20.jpg

Pot in the middle has 6 plants (all Honolulu Haze) and the pot on the right has 4 Sannie's Jack and 1 HH.

Tent21.jpg

The Honolulu's:

Tent22.jpg

I ordered a heating mat for this tent, I should be able to give them good conditions now.
It is already becoming colder and I have the led at 100% now.

Still very indi dom plants.

The plants look splendid. Your grows always amaze and inspire me.

Don't the Nevils Haze often sport indica styled leaves before flipping to flower? These might take on a much more NLD look after transitioning to flower.
Diesel840
Thank you Diesel840. 😊

Yes, you are right but I expected a thinner leaf to start with or at least a couple of individuals that showed some thinner leaves.
It does not matter much, let's see how they evolve.

Greetings.

Back