Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

Aloha everyone!

Sitting down to this 4 gm chunk of Holy Smoke #2 this morning. She's had a 4 month cure now and she just smells so delightful. A dark, rich aroma with a citrus highnote. Outstanding and very appealing. Like a cup of good tea, fragrant, relaxing yet inducing energy and alertness. I hope you find it as exceptional as I did when you get around to this one. She is a must grow.

Buffalo with sweetgrass
hs_buff 9_19.JPG

mu

Aloha everyone!

I'm continuing to pop the jars of this exquisite stuff. Here is #3. The smell is absolutely divine, and old school. Sort of eucalyptus and physical therapy room lol. Hell, I don't know how to describe it, it really is sublime and different from the excellent smell of the #2. I put these lovely flowers on one of my favorite books on DB shotguns. Like fine cubans and Armagnacs, shooting with a fine double barrel like a Parker, Perazzi or AyA is a real treat. I couldn't think of how to compare this batch of Holy Smoke as it too, is a real treat. This #3 reminds me of some rocket fueled NL5xHz of yesteryear but more fragrant. It could be hypoglycemia but after a few tokes I had a slight tremble going. I've said it before she is a must grow!

bestguns-hs 9_22.jpg

mu

I keep a Heym 88B in 470 Nitro Express at my place up in Montana for the walking tank bears (griz).
Used to run a upland hunting lodge (pheasant, chukar, quail, random deer and elk) and have been honestly hip deep in shotguns at some moments.
Nicest I ever saw was a custom Blaser a guy that ran the NRA Raton sporting clays range had....it was like 15K just for the wood used on the stock, before shaping it.
Not kidding when I say he shot 273 quail by himself, in a single day :eek:

Aloha everyone!

Thank you all for participating in this journey. Much love and appreciation for all the support you have shown. Time to move on but not without saying that the Holy Smoke is a superb smoke, a serious smoke for the connoisseur looking for a combination of aroma, taste and potency.
Now on my top 5 list, yesterday, it took me all day to finish one joint of the #5, ISTG.

hs13 3_7.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

It's been interesting these past few days. I was called to do ceremony which I did last night with pejuta- peyote. Still sipping on the tea this morning, I broke fast with canned peaches and some Holy Smoke. Feeling the gratefulness. Life is good!
Here's some Holy Smoke #5 bottled last year 5/19. Thought I'd give it a whirl after a one year cure. It is just now getting slightly hoppy but still some sweet fragrance remains. The stone is definitely noticed, I am seriously high now lol. I'd say that of the half dozen grows I've done these last few years, she is a standout.
holy smoke 5_14.jpg

mu

Hi All

great thread as usual.....and excellent photos.

I just smoked some Holy Smoke from a friend in Switzerland who i gave the seed to test last year....well he cured it for 5 months and it was sensational...that old school flavour brought back so many memories of days gone by...closest thing to getting emotional from a flavour and taste of yesteryear...bless all the hands that did the work and continue to do the work of spreading genetic biodiversity. We at MNS get it to a level and you guys go on with the job to tweak it according to personal trait selection....well done to all.

Love the photos....Shantibaba
@shantibaba what type of flavor profiles were you getting? Wow a 5 month cure, I'm sure it was amazing! I hope I can mantain enough control to let them cure for 5+ months without smoking it all lol.

Edit. I just read the post Shantibaba put up about curing the hazes for a minimum of 3 months, but that 8 or more months being better. I'll have to develop some serious self control to keep from breaking into his hazes early. šŸ˜

Last edited:
Most delicious things take time to achieve..People complaining about no smell or taste, that's because they are in a hurry and don't let the scents express themselves in a full potential.

aging.png
Imagine pressing wine and direclty put in bottle in store...well thats what you do when you smoke partialy dried/non cured product.

Is this really need to be explained ??? IDTS

Last edited:
Back