HHHG's bud shots

Thanks guys. All were grown under LED, except the Master Kaze which was 400w HPS. MK was a gift from Shanti and the very first MNS strain I grew or smoked.

Last edited:
Some of the best buds I've ever seen grown under LEDs.

In fact, no, the best buds I've ever seen grown under LEDs.

Some of the best buds I've ever seen grown under LEDs.

In fact, no, the best buds I've ever seen grown under LEDs.

Other than initial cost, what then are the negatives? Do you use all LED for indoor ... or if not why? (just curious because I respect your opinion FG)
thx

Other than initial cost, what then are the negatives? Do you use all LED for indoor ... or if not why? (just curious because I respect your opinion FG)
thx

I don't use them at all..

HHHG's plants are pretty mindbogglingly good compared to most of the LED grows I've followed on the nets.

Some fail altogether (growlog never gets finished), some have very disappointing yields, others turn out to be misinformation threads by people hyping LEDs.

The main disadvantage with most LED set ups is the poor light penetration. Also with higher wattage LEDs heat can cause reliability issues.

Maybe HHHG can give better info anyway, because he clearly knows more than I do on the subject.

Real nice hhhg. The med man and the ortega stand out for me! MM looks dense, hows she smoke?

Thanks FT. That MedMan#2 is one of my desert island girls. So relaxing and can be visual if smoked enough. She's a great companion to sinking into the recliner and watching funny tv shows :cool:

HHHG's plants are pretty mindbogglingly good compared to most of the LED grows I've followed on the nets.

Some fail altogether (growlog never gets finished), some have very disappointing yields, others turn out to be misinformation threads by people hyping LEDs.

The main disadvantage with most LED set ups is the poor light penetration. Also with higher wattage LEDs heat can cause reliability issues.

Maybe HHHG can give better info anyway, because he clearly knows more than I do on the subject.

There is a world of difference in the many LED growing lights available. They range from a moped to a Formula 1 racing car in performance. I currently have two 126w panels for vegging 24/0 and one 205w panel flowering 12/12, all from the same manufacturer. Yes they have a big upfront cost, but if you get your system dialed in the panels will pay for themselves many times over in their lifetime in electricity savings. Investing in LED is no different than paying 5k more for a hybrid vehicle because fuel/electricity savings is the goal.

Equally important to me is the reduced heat from LED compared to HID. The plants are so much happier when they are cool. There is also very little stretch during veg and flowering under LED, so it's all good :)

Last edited:
Mini Neville's Haze

=================================================

Same pheno, topped...

Hi HHHG,
I like the way the cropped NH looks like a Bonsai tree.
Even the un-topped one looks like the stretch was under control,with your LED set-up. Nice plump nugs also!
Thanks for sharing,

Charmilles:)

Thanks Charmilles

The topped one is 10" tall and yielded at least 3x more than the un-topped plant in same size container. Topped plant was flowered with the 205w LED panel and the un-topped under a 126w panel.

Last edited:
La Niña-2 - trimmed and ready to harvest

74 days flowering...

She's about 2' tall and flowered to the side of the 205w panel

Last edited:
There is a world of difference in the many LED growing lights available. They range from a moped to a Formula 1 racing car in performance. I currently have two 126w panels for vegging 24/0 and one 205w panel flowering 12/12, all from the same manufacturer. Yes they have a big upfront cost, but if you get your system dialed in the panels will pay for themselves many times over in their lifetime in electricity savings. Investing in LED is no different than paying 5k more for a hybrid vehicle because fuel/electricity savings is the goal.

Equally important to me is the reduced heat from LED compared to HID. The plants are so much happier when they are cool. There is also very little stretch during veg and flowering under LED, so it's all good :)

What kind of yields are you getting from your 205W flowering panel?

I'm seeing much smaller looking buds than I would expect from a 250W HPS, even a 250W envirolite should give bigger than I'm seeing.

Quality looks good but I don't see a lot of budmass.

What kind of yields are you getting from your 205W flowering panel?

I don't weigh them but I estimate about 1 oz dried bud per plant. If I grow 9 plants under the panel that equals 255g or 1.24gpw. Once I get each strain dialed in that may increase, plus I can fit plants off to the sides of the panel that also produce pretty well. Those are not included in the calculation but probably add 50% more yield. If so then the potential yield could be 382g, or 1.86gpw. The 205w LED panel draws only 176 watts, so with that adjustment the potential gpw is 2.17.

Remember these are all rough estimates and haven't been measured.

Last edited:
Back