Growing tray and reservoir (Botanicare alike)

the reason I ask is because I had doubts on setting up E&F system. I initially looked for system with automated watering and a SOG reliable style. also I wanted to get rid of dirt because I mind my back gettin hurt over recycling soil and coco so i figured hydroton is quite light and ended up with E&F idea. but now when I red about NFT benefits and mostly not needing soil,coco nor pebbles only rock-wool I almost already decided to go for a NFT treat and skip E&F. what strains do you find enjoy to grow with NFT?

the reason I ask is because I had doubts on setting up E&F system. I initially looked for system with automated watering and a SOG reliable style. also I wanted to get rid of dirt because I mind my back gettin hurt over recycling soil and coco so i figured hydroton is quite light and ended up with E&F idea. but now when I red about NFT benefits and mostly not needing soil,coco nor pebbles only rock-wool I almost already decided to go for a NFT treat and skip E&F. what strains do you find enjoy to grow with NFT?
I used hydroton grow rocks in my NFT next time i take photos ill show you my NFT covers i drill out round holes nice and neat unlike trying to cut perfect squares i used to use round net pots filled with clay pebs just to support the plants I would take the cuttings out of my airo cloner when the roots hung down a good 6-9" holding the clone i would thread the roots through the net pots and fill in with clay pebs and place in the NFT table this save a lot of time over using rockwool because you need a good root ball before you put the cubes on the NFT trays or the clones will not do very well.

What did i like growing on NFT? everything :cool: best yielding plant sog style grow was MrNice early queen i got 750g from a 600w lamp 1.25 per watt. I would struggle to get anywhere near that in F&D. as I have said its hard work with lots of plants if you have to go away for a few days i would use E&F it conserves water longer and hardly any fluctuations in EC or PH unlike NFT that drinks like fuck and needs topping up at least once a day depending on your style of grow?

I'd love to see some photos of your setup. thanks alot for your reply nut :D
I dont have NFT set up anymore i still have all my shit NFT/F&D tables 6 arm light movers etc.. I can show you the plant spacing i used to use to give you an idea, but as for grows i have no pictures of plats in the systems the last time i took pictures was years ago and they got lost when overgrow was shut down even then i was back in soil before OG closed many years ago :rolleyes:

Back