Germinating Old Seed Through Tissue Culture

Freedom_Fighter

Saving lives one seed at a time 🌱🛟

This is a very short video that shows a de-shelled cannabis seed embryo being germinated by the tissue culture method.

Embryo Rescue 'B' 🛟🌱

Learn How !!!

Breeding & Storage Tips

Why Tissue Culture is So Valuable

Fixing Problems Such as Endophyte Contamination
https://youtube.com/shorts/KEOsKQlFPD0?si=YWj1B3f6zIW_54do

Tissue Culture Saved My Business
https://youtube.com/shorts/n2qgPyfxazY?si=nXyrcQp44WjcQva5

Dreams Do Come True 🧪🌱🤘🏻😉
https://youtube.com/shorts/c5E3yjj9itk?si=AZIhvRmBGpy5YNfO

Cheers! - FF

Last edited:
Do Not Look at This! 🚫♨️ || MeriGenetics

MG plying a little reverse "psychology". LOL This is very tempting ... (to me)!

Ultimate Tissue Culture Solutions Group on Facebook - Register for the Live Webinar

Ultimate Tissue Culture Solutions FB Group

Last edited:
Saving lives one seed at a time 🌱🛟

This is a very short video that shows a de-shelled cannabis seed embryo being germinated by the tissue culture method.

Embryo Rescue 'B' 🛟🌱

Learn How !!!

Breeding & Storage Tips

Why Tissue Culture is So Valuable

Fixing Problems Such as Endophyte Contamination
https://youtube.com/shorts/KEOsKQlFPD0?si=YWj1B3f6zIW_54do

Tissue Culture Saved My Business
https://youtube.com/shorts/n2qgPyfxazY?si=nXyrcQp44WjcQva5

Dreams Do Come True 🧪🌱🤘🏻😉
https://youtube.com/shorts/c5E3yjj9itk?si=AZIhvRmBGpy5YNfO

Cheers! - FF
when I get the time I will try this as I have some very old pure sativas in the refrigerator and it would be so great to get a few to grow and produce more. They should be true breeding since they are pure sativas of old. Probably some differences between siblings but not different phenotypes. Thanks FF!

when I get the time I will try this as I have some very old pure sativas in the refrigerator and it would be so great to get a few to grow and produce more. They should be true breeding since they are pure sativas of old.

Sounds great, BrotherBoris! Until a couple years ago, I had 55 seeds of the rarest pure landrace sativa from Da Lat, Vietnam. This cultivar grew to 30 feet tall, in the Da Lat soil and climate. Imagine! It was a rare treasure. Kept them for 20 years; 10 years in the fridge then another 10 in the deep freezer.

Sad to say I got SUCKERED by the Landrace Team (seed vendor) into letting them go in a trade, with the promise they would breed them and give me back 55 fresh Da Lat seeds, bred from the best parents. That was 55 in addition to the other 55 seeds of a totally different cultivar I received as part of the deal.

They started by germinating just 10 of the batch. They managed to get 6 of the first 10 to sprout and grow well. I was getting updates from the dude in charge of the operation, who I made the deal with. Everything was going great until one day I received an e-mail from the guy telling me the Team member who was in charge of the project disappeared with the seeds.

Imagine how I felt after reading that. Shit, was I ever pissed at myself for falling into that. Still angry with myself about it. Everytime I think about it, it's like taking another massive gut punch. They were worth a HELL of a lot more than I let them go for. One of the worst decisions of my life!

Cheers, BrotherBoris!!

Freedom_Fighter,

Man, I feel it. Hopefully the guy’s karma has caught up with him. I’ve made some bad decisions too and still make a blunder every now and then so you’re not alone…

lots of thoughts but few words…

You are doing right by sharing your knowledge and somehow someday your good karma will reward you.

My seeds are not nearly as exotic but some very good old time colombos that may be worth playing with.

I guess we live in a hybrid world now but sure would be nice to have those old land races back in the picture.

Best to you Parcero!

Sounds great, BrotherBoris! Until a couple years ago, I had 55 seeds of the rarest pure landrace sativa from Da Lat, Vietnam. This cultivar grew to 30 feet tall, in the Da Lat soil and climate. Imagine! It was a rare treasure. Kept them for 20 years; 10 years in the fridge then another 10 in the deep freezer.

Sad to say I got SUCKERED by the Landrace Team (seed vendor) into letting them go in a trade, with the promise they would breed them and give me back 55 fresh Da Lat seeds, bred from the best parents. That was 55 in addition to the other 55 seeds of a totally different cultivar I received as part of the deal.

They started by germinating just 10 of the batch. They managed to get 6 of the first 10 to sprout and grow well. I was getting updates from the dude in charge of the operation, who I made the deal with. Everything was going great until one day I received an e-mail from the guy telling me the Team member who was in charge of the project disappeared with the seeds.

Imagine how I felt after reading that. Shit, was I ever pissed at myself for falling into that. Still angry with myself about it. Everytime I think about it, it's like taking another massive gut punch. They were worth a HELL of a lot more than I let them go for. One of the worst decisions of my life!

Cheers, BrotherBoris!!
I bought Vietnam from them, reading your experience I can assure you that it also was my last purchase from them.
This says a lot of how they work and what kind of morals they uphold...

Thanks you for posting al your vids and share the knowledge with us.
This is very appreciated @Freedom_Fighter!

:) (y)

How I get 100% success with sterilized seed starts || Meri Genetics

This is a short video, showing some de-shelled seed embryos, in preparation for the TC rooting media. He let's them dry-out first, before placing them into the rooting media, which is fascinating to me. I was very surprised by that. Never would have guessed that but he gets a 100% success rate, that way. Absolutely amazing!

Cheers! - FF

How I get 100% success with sterilized seed starts || Meri Genetics

As stated in the above video, it was the second part, or follow-up to an earlier one, which wasn't yet uploaded to YouTube at the time. I searched for Part 1 first but when I couldn't find it, I decided to upload Part 2 without it. Part 1 was uploaded, out of order, about a half hour ago. These are very short videos but of immense interest to growers who are genuinely interested to TC, especially for the preservation of old / rare seed:

How I get 100% success with sterilized seed starts, Part 1 - "July 12, 2024"

It's a bit unfortunate that they were uploaded out of order. Guess I should have been patient and waited for Part 1 to upload before posting Part 2. Apologies!

No problem we have both now FF. You were anxious (totally understandable) to share something of great value to all and especially to some of us who have some very old seeds that may not have had optimal storage. Thanks for these videos!

Different plants have wildly different preferences in terms of media composition. In addition to the videos, look up a standard text like
and don't forget that there are lots of peer reviewed papers searchable via scholar.google.com

It is encouraging that there is better micropropagation content being put up on Youtube. A few years ago it was basically nonexistent. You will simply be more successful at something like this, if you do more homework is all.

However in terms of old seeds. This is easier and pretty successful in my experience:

Good thread FF.
You are further into this hobby than I realized.
Thanks for sharing the info mate.
I like your grow setup as well, you have obviously put thought and effort into it.

Things have come a long way from the days of the empty matchbox lined with sandpaper.

Last edited:
Back