EQHaze - Two different phenos here

Bamstone

New member
IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

So far I've gotten two different phenos from this test batch. Three look more sativa like, and one has the fatter indica style leaves. Both of these are clones. So far I've only flowered the sativa as the Indica-like mother was lost (got more clones though). Have not had the pleasure of sampling the smoke from either, but I'm not far away since I have the Sativa-like mom in 12/12 now and she is finishing nicely with a large main cola. Looks to be a 60-65 day strain. No idea about the indica looking one.
 
looks like pic #2 started off indica and as the grow progressed started to stretch a bit as you can see the space between nodes..

Were both done under same conditions, feeding schedule and if so what were they?

would be awesome if you had managed to flower them both out and compare with a smoke report at the end..
 
looks like pic #2 started off indica and as the grow progressed started to stretch a bit as you can see the space between nodes..

Were both done under same conditions, feeding schedule and if so what were they?

would be awesome if you had managed to flower them both out and compare with a smoke report at the end..

Both were done under the exact same conditions. Vegged for five weeks under flouro, and then put under a 400w HPS. I used FFOF soil throughout and no nutes were given during veg. During 12/12 I fed them GH flora nova grow and Kool Bloom. The sativa took all I could give it and the indica experienced some yellowing when ripening wiht the Kool Bloom. No nute burn at all with either. And you are correct. I had a big stretch problem with this strain unless they got at least a month of veg time.

The ones that start out looking indica seem to transform some during flowering, looking more sativa like. As for comparison, that is exactlty what I have done. I have one indica type and one sativa type now at 65 days and getting near finish. The indica one has made a super fat cola and the sativa a longer, thinner cola (still very nice) and is staying very dark green even through flowering, whereas the indica looking one has now lost all it's fans and starting to yellow. In either case I can not say that this is a fast strain, even the indica pheno needs 60 days to finish and I'm going to give it 70. I also have two clones of each now in 12/12. I will post pics before I harvest and a smoke report afterwords.
 
EQxHaze 66 days

Here is the sativa-like pheno from my first post at 66 days. Hard to tell in the shot but it's still deep green with big healthy fans:
IMG_2723.JPG


This one is the more indica looking pheno from my first post. It has lost it's fans and as you can see it is very mature and losing it's leaves. I plan to chop it in a few days:
IMG_2717.JPG
 
EQxHaze harvested

Today I chopped the more mature indica-like EQxHaze. I was ready to the point where I like to harvest (80% cloudy trics). I should say that this pheno is only more indica-like, it is clearly a hybrid when compared to a pure indica such as Black Domina.

It is the longest and fattest single cola I have ever grown. Gonna take a while for it to cure. I am doing a fast cure on a few buds to test sooner. Will let you all know how it smokes.

I still have the other pheno in 12/12 and will leave it there another week or more.
 
Back
Top