eq x haze

Hi zigzag
It looks like what you have there is EPxSK1 X NL5xHzC. This was my final version of an early Haze hybrid.
The Early Pearl is a line the I got from Rob Clark. Ithink that it was an F1 or F2 at that stage. I'd been inbreeding that for nearly 20 years for early flowering and fruitiness. The one that I used flowered under 24 hours light. (this has nothing to do with ruderalis).
I crossed this EP with SK1. This was the best skunk line that I got from Sam. This was also highly inbred with unprecedented (at least for me) selection going into the males as well.
This skunk line was the best that I had.
EPxSk1 was crossed to the 2 best NL5Hz females selected out of at least 10,000 F1 females.
So if something nice and heavy and early comes out of that, it's no accident.
N.

I'd forgotten that myself. The later versions were better than the Cup winner. I would have liked to see this grown outdoors in a good climate. The EP and Hz should give it some mould resistance.
N.

Hi Nevil,

Hi zigzag
It looks like what you have there is EPxSK1 X NL5xHzC. This was my final version of an early Haze hybrid.
Shanti offers 'EarlySkunkHaze' which is EarlyPearlSkunk x Haze:
http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=21

Which is different from the EPSK1 x NL5Hz you had made from what I understand as I see no NL mentioned in the description

although I may be wrong and its indeed using NL5Hz and not pure HzC

Last edited:
I'd forgotten that myself. The later versions were better than the Cup winner. I would have liked to see this grown outdoors in a good climate. The EP and Hz should give it some mould resistance.
N.
I would liked/loved to show you, them out at 43 lat next season with all my love i can cary in my heart.. promise :)

I grew Shanti's version (Early Haze) outdoors at 39"N last year and absolutely loved it. It was the best strain I'd ever grown outdoors here, and that includes a lot of SB's genes.

Here is a link for the grow diary, mind the drama at the end =D
http://mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=2121

And yeah l33t, I believe that this cross did have NL in the Haze side if I remember right, or it actually might have been a Afghan/Haze. Might not be exactly the same as Nevil's, but I'd be interested in finding out. Either way, this is a sleeper strain! Absolutely top-notch parents.

Sorry zigzag , I simply found my self confused is all.

After reading Shanti's input , I understand that the seeds you got were made by Nevil , according to Nevil these are EPSK1xNL5Hz.

The title of your thread was EQ x Haze , then the first post is titled Early Skunk Haze.

In the site strain descriptions there are two early haze offerings , EQxHaze and Early Skunk Haze , and reading their pedigrees , neither seemed to be what you got (EPSK1xNL5Hz).

EQxHaze is listed as EQ x AfghanHaze and Early Skunk Haze is listed as EarlySkunk x Haze.No mention of NL5.

So yeah maybe what you got has nothing to do with the 2 currently listed early hazes. I never doubted that what you got is not what it is..I was just trying to understand what line we are actually looking at here..whether its one of the current official offerings..

and to be honest I find myseld still puzzled.Anyway I will do as you asked and not post anymore in your thread about this..

Good luck with the rest of your grow keep up the good work and hope you get to find some special specimens

Last edited:
I culled the male that showed first due to it having pretty much no smell when rubbed.

Just so you know for future reference, generally when working with haze strains, males with little smell, are often the most haze like, and stoniest.
Next time, you may want to try smoking the leaf before you cull it, if it is from a haze line, you may be shocked by how stony it is.

Back