EQ x Haze Pheno Selection?

Prodigal Son

New member
:confused:

Looking for the best advice and input from you good people here at MNS...

I have 2 phenos to choose from for the most part-

Of the 8 test plants I have, I notice a taller and lanky pheno, and the short squat pheno. Obviously the shorter is EQ influenced and the Tall one is Haze dominant.

My question- What phenos would you cross to make the F1's if you were me? I have a select male that leans to the shorter side and a taller male also. I also have females that show taxonomy in both character sets.

I realize it is a total crap shoot, and I am not sitting here with pie in the sky expectations... I just want to choose the phenos Shanti or Neville would, or someone experienced with these genetics.

Thanks and Peace!
 
Well I have no experience with this particular variety, but I did grow a modest EQ run and have grown Mango Haze before as well. I would take a huge stab in the dark, and guess you're looking for a fast flowering phenotype of this variety. Two pheno's isnt exactly ideal, but if thats what you have to go with I suggest taking the variety you like the best. The strongest variety perhaps, its all a matter of what you desire in your pool of genes. Some prefer the strongest varietys, while others are looking for the most manageable or the fastest flowering variety. Generally speaking, when you have a number of plants to select from you can find the ideal variety that incompasses all of the desirable traits you are looking for.
I would ultimately recommend taking clones of both and keeping them until a proper cure can be put on the flowers, then you will have a better judgement of which one you should keep. If cloning isnt an option, you may be looking for the plant that is the most manageable for your area or the one you just fancy the most.

Good luck, sorry I couldnt be of more assistance to you.
 
Um, yea right- I knew that.....and then proceeded to forget it!

You know Jesse, you were of great help-

Your response made me realise I already knew the answer, but was having a brainfart and forgot the obvious... thanks for getting me back on track-:rolleyes: I should know better- as if the answer were as easy as just picking the physical characteristics alone, duh-

I have taken clones, but 2 did not survive- I will take more on a reveg once I finish this cycle.
 
EQ x Ha)ze P1 and P2

I am following up this thread with some of my observations.

I finished off 2 distinct phenos on my test grow. P1 was a shorter indy appearing but sativa influenced high type plant that produced very tight buds of medium size and fair yield on an indoor grow (approximately 1oz) The smell was pretty typical and had a crisp hashy and citrusy/floral smell during veg and became much more heady into flower. Spectacular high with a very trippy and spacey high.

P2 was very similar to P1 but had a much more pronounced sativa influence on the leaves as they were slightly thinner. The plant grew alongside P1, and matched it for height and width with a bit more lank to it. Not nearly as much yield (mite damage and taxonomy are the reason) this pheno produced a steady "litterbox" and urine like smell once it reached the end of veg and becomes more pronounced in flower. A slight citrus and earthy/musky smell mingles with the bad smell at the end of flower and then disipates during cure. The flower time is a week longer than P1 (11 weeks for 40% amber trichs) and the P2 has a similar buzz as far as I can tell- I am dumping the P2 as the extra week of flower doesn't seem to offer anything.

I have 8 more of these testers and if I see any other phenos when the are grown out, I will post it here.
 
Update on my tests.

Not wanting to trash up my own thread with mundane minutiae, I wanted to post about my ongoing MNS work:

First- I'll apologize- no pics.

I have incredible success with revegging this strain- absolutely lovely new growth and the 2nd round will be far more bushy in appearances from the trimming and fimming. The clones are not making it though... I am not sure why.

I chose a great male for pollen, made F1's with both phenos I have, and crossed that pollen into a few other strains namely the NL strain I prize so much.

I now have 98% germination on those beans for my own test grow, and I am looking for a special female and male to continue working with for backcrossing to the original 2 females and male from my last test.

I am stoked!
 
I wish I could get a male to cross and make seeds with... I'm 5 for 5 female with this strain. Luckily Shanti sent me over 20 seeds so I have lots left.
 
Sorry bam-

I haven't checked in for awhile...

I am currently working this strain- I have male pollen, and I am vegging out the last 5 beans now. I have consistency in taxonomy across the entire test. I do see a more pronounced stretch and lankiness to the male but that is typical. I have noticed the different smell though.

My clones when topped have now created very nice and squat bushes with a slightly smaller but just as dense bud.

later-
 
Back
Top