Early Queen by The Flea

great plants flea..

I fell in love immediately 8 )

Both phenos look stuning :)

.. iam finding out, that every strain in MNS menu has so much to give you :)

I was nearly puting Early Queen in soil for this season, but I was thinking about Early skunk also, then I decided, that I cannot decide, so I poped Devils :)

-> I see next time I have to give theese girls a try ;)

Thank you and keep it coming :)

Day 57 Flower Update

EQ2

This plant is on the final run-in. The resin production has reached a peak and the smells are fruity, earthy and skunky.
More dank than her sister (#3) with more of a skunky look to the overall plant.
The clones responded to 12/12 really quickly and are beginning to really hit their stride.
I am looking forward to my beach day with this strain!

Food has been cut since the start of Week 6 and it is nice to see the plant naturally fade. Tonight I will move it towards the edge of the grow space whilst it finishes.

CLONES - EQ2

Unfortunately I have mislaid my pictures of EQ3 (except the one below). I will have a hunt and post them up when I find them.
As ever - huge thanks to Mr Nice Seeds and Shantibaba for the amazing genetics.

Keep it green,
TF

EQ3

EQ3

Here are the promised pictures.
She looks amazing. The smell is lemon and very deep - almost like lemon cake with a touch of autumnal earth.
I am looking forward to giving this a thorough test run when it is fully dried and cured.
It is looking like she has also entered the final part of her flowering journey.

Keep it green.
TF

Better quality pictures -

EQ2 -

full

EQ3 -

full

Keep it green,
TF

Hi all MNS Family,
The latest update on my Early Queen ladies.

First up - Early Queen #2

She was the quickest plant to respond to the reduction in lighting and showed flowers after only 5 days.
Growth patterns are very 'skunk' oriented. She has a nice skunky, fruity, lemony scent and a nice looking long cola which has excellent resin coverage.
The pictures were taken at Day 65 of flower and she was taken down at Day 70.
At 10 weeks this is slightly longer than the advertised 6-8 weeks BUT her clones are also just about finished and they are at least 2-3 weeks behind. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

full

full

full

full

full

A full report etc will 'soon come'.

Keep it green,
TF.

Early Queen #3

After initially starting as my second pick (based on looks and growth patterns) she has now definitely become my favourite.
I love the shape and length of the top cola and the sheer elegance of her looks.
The smell is a spicy lemon all the way. I can't wait until she is finally ready.
Pictures are from Day 65 of flower.

What's not to like...?

full

full

full

full

Keep it green,
TF

Early Queen #3

After initially starting as my second pick (based on looks and growth patterns) she has now definitely become my favourite.
I love the shape and length of the top cola and the sheer elegance of her looks.
The smell is a spicy lemon all the way. I can't wait until she is finally ready.
Pictures are from Day 65 of flower.

What's not to like...?

full

full

full

full

Keep it green,
TF
She looks great!

How tall is she?

Really nice cola! She definitely seems to be ripening from the bottom up.

Hi Marcus,
Both of the EQ's behaved in a similar way, where the bottoms ripened first. I plan to start taking a few of the more ripe lower branches down from this evening.
A staggered harvest is no problem for me and gives me a chance to sample different branches at varying levels of ripeness to find the 'perfect' time!

Keep it green,
TF.

Hi Mr Brown,
Early Queen #2 is approx 80cm whilst Early Queen #3 is just short of a metre in height - most of which is cola!

Definitely a great strain to grow.

Keep it green,
TF
Hi Flea,
thanks a lot.
With that height EQ fits perfectly in my small grow tent and I will definetly give her a try soon.
How long did you have them in vegetative stage before you put them in flower?
Best MB

Hi Flea,
thanks a lot.
With that height EQ fits perfectly in my small grow tent and I will definetly give her a try soon.
How long did you have them in vegetative stage before you put them in flower?
Best MB

Hi MB,
The Early Queen were in veg for approximately 28 days.
I needed to keep the period quite short as I am also running some of the G13 X AC testers in the same space and I had anticipated (wrongly as it turned out!) that they would get quite large once they went into flowering. My early decisions were based around space.
With hindsight I could have done things differently - maybe next time.
So far Early Queen #2 has been harvested and dried for around 10 days. This morning I trimmed some of the buds and enjoyed the citrus and skunk smell that wafted around.
Keep it green.
TF.

Hi MNS Family.
Update on the Early Queens.

Early Queen #2 - A couple of days after the pictures in the previous post were made I decided to take her down. She ran approximately 75 days indoors. Clones from the mother plant were at least 10 days quicker - so a respectable 65 days.

Early Queen #3 is still going strong. I resisted harvesting in her initial harvest window as I felt she needed longer. I think I was correct. I'm hopeful she will be done within the next week.
I am very impressed with this plant. She is one sexy, sassy lady!

full

full

Tune -

Keep it green,
TF

Hi MNS Family,
There is nothing more annoying than an unfinished thread.
Here I am to complete the business in hand

Early Queen #2

Growth Pattern - Short and stocky plant. Extremely fast growing and quick to initiate flowering. Beautiful hybrid structure.
Grow Style - Indoors under 400w HPS. Fully organic soil using canna vega and flores
Flowering Time - 65 days
Aroma - Sweet and berry like - with a hint of strawberry. The smell reminds me of Shit (the strain!) as do the buds. There is definitely a lot of the super skunk shining through in this particular phenotype.
Flavour - Sweet and skunky. Leaves a taste on the palate for a while after inhalation has finished.
Effect - Mild and mellow. Perfect for day time. Highly euphoric and functional. The kind of high where you just wander around with a grin on your face, happily bumping into things and not caring. You cannot be in a bad mood with this plant in your life!
Overall Rating - 6/10 - A lovely daytime smoke with medium potency. Unique taste and aroma.

full

full

TF

Early Queen #3

Growth Pattern - Tall and slender sativa plant. Buds fill all areas of the plant. Light feeder. Slight purpling in colder temperatures due to the extended flowering time.
Grow Style - Indoors under 400w HPS. Fully organic soil using canna vega and flores
Flowering Time - 78 days
Aroma - Difficult to describe. Hints of lemon and a little bit of an unfamiliar spiciness. Definitely unique. I am guessing the sativa dominant expression comes from the Mexican side of the parentage.
Flavour - Lemon and earth. Easy one this.
Effect - Wonderful sativa effect. Up, clear, light and positive. Longer-lasting than her sister. Euphoric and giggly at higher doses. No lack of potency here.
Overall Rating - 7.5/10 - A great day time smoke. I love the high from a nice sativa and although this won't leave you in a tripped out haze (like other plants can) it is great for getting busy in the great outdoors.

full

full

My final word on this strain is -
DO NOT be put off by the price tag or the fact that the word 'Early' appears in the name. This is a solid strain with a range of phenotypes. Expect some skunk leaning plants with golf-ball type buds and sweet aromas whilst at the same time there are some Mexican leaning sativa plants waiting to be discovered. A full straw of these plants will throw up everything you could ever want.
Give it a go and find out.

Massive shout out once again to Shanti and all the MNS family.
Keep it green.
TF.

Last edited:
Back