Early Queen and Auto Night Queen outdoors 2022 - 52°N

Is that an indica? My haze crosses from Shanti reveged under 13hr15min . While more I dica dominant strains continued flowering .
the orange hill special is suposse to be a 50% indica 50 % sativa and the tangie a 75% sativa for 25 indica
the 2 plants look exactly like the mother of orange hill special
i 'm not sure the indica was more fast and more early than sativa

Wassup brothers and sister,

I am happy to have found a bit of time for another update. One of the autoflowers, Auto Night Queen 4 was harvested on the 09.09.2022 and is currently drying. Unfortunately there are no pictures prior to harvest as I was out of town and on my way back home it was night and decided to go and collect her. The estimated yield is probably about 20 – 25 g but will update as soon as it has dried and was weighed. The other 2, Auto Night Queen 3 and Auto Brooklyn Sunrise are still standing but will be taken down as soon as the weather becomes rainy again.

Here is a group picture of the 2 remaining autoflowers and the 8 Early Queens in the background.

GROUP.jpg

ANQ 3
ANQ3.jpg
ANQ33.jpg

and the ABS
ABS.jpg
ABS2.jpgABS1.jpg

I love the purple buds and hues of these autos :love: An update about the EQs will follow soon so stay tuned.

peace ✌

MG

Wassup brothers and sisters,

as promised here is the update on the Early Queens. They have all started flowering by now and are all quite in the same stage, so not sure which ones will finish earlier or if they will finish all together. As far as now I would assume the flowering stage they are in is about week 3-4, so I was right with the assumption that they were about 1 week into flowering at the previous update. These photos were taken on the 09.09.2022. So far they have grown really big and some are larger than me. Some have really beautiful pink pistils while others remained white till now. Smell is slowly forming, but its too early to really give a description. I just hope that nobody finds them, as harvest will probably not be before mid-October. Now let the plants speak for themselves.

EQ1
EQ1.jpg
EQ11.jpg

EQ2
EQ2.jpg
EQ22.jpg

EQ3
EQ3.jpg
EQ33.jpg

EQ4
EQ4.jpg
EQ44.jpg

Wassup brothers and sisters,

here everything is running good so far. It were hard times though, after the summer heat wave the cold broke in very quickly and the last two weeks temperatures were about 10-18 °C during the day and 3-10 °C at night. This had me worried quite a bit, but so far everything is still living. However, progress is very slow and there is no way I can harvest within September like the strain description says. Maybe if I would live a bit more south, but not at 52°N. I would guess I will have to wait till end of October or even beginning of November. Nevertheless, the buds develop slowly and are getting sticky and smelly...I can smell the plants from within 5m. Smell is very similar for most of the phenos, fruity sweet, with hints of grape and candy. Some smell more spicy and one has a kind of soapy smell to it. Here the pictures, enjoy the show

EQ1
EQ1.jpg
EQ11.jpg

EQ2. She is the more spicy phenotype and is forming beautiful purple leaves
EQ2.jpg
EQ22.jpg
EQ222.jpg

EQ3. Notice the branch that broke. She got nice pink pistils though
EQ3.jpg
EQ33.jpg

EQ4. She is the one smelling a bit soapy with a hint of the fruity sweetness
EQ4.jpg
EQ44.jpg

to be continued ...

Attachments

• EQ1.jpg
    EQ1.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 2
EQ5. The smaller one
EQ5.jpg

EQ6. The bushy beast. Notice how small EQ5 (left) looks compared to her
EQ6.jpg
EQ6.jpg

EQ7. This one along with EQ2 are the most sativa leaning ones
EQ7.jpg
EQ77.jpg

EQ8. The smallest one. Not much smell to her yet. She seems to have a nutrient deficit, probably caused by cold cause I gave her plenty of fertilizer a few days ago
EQ8.jpg
EQ88.jpg

so what do you say guys. When will I be able to harvest? Is end of October realistic?

one love 💚 and keep it G 🌱

MG

Thank you guys 💚 . This is my first real outdoor grow, I had one years ago, but the plants were found and cut down. @quinxstar , maybe you just had bad luck with your location for your guerilla grow. I was really lucky to have found this one. Its on a pasture surrounded by a little forest and the plants get sun the whole day. The soil is also good, although a bit too sandy making it dry out very quickly. So what do you think? Is end of October realistic? And @DannyTwoJoints do you have experience with outdoor growing in your area? Can you tell me something about cold temperature resistance of cannabis? Like what temperatures can they handle without problems and what is the critical temperature where I have to be worried?

Thank you guys 💚 . This is my first real outdoor grow, I had one years ago, but the plants were found and cut down. @quinxstar , maybe you just had bad luck with your location for your guerilla grow. I was really lucky to have found this one. Its on a pasture surrounded by a little forest and the plants get sun the whole day. The soil is also good, although a bit too sandy making it dry out very quickly. So what do you think? Is end of October realistic? And @DannyTwoJoints do you have experience with outdoor growing in your area? Can you tell me something about cold temperature resistance of cannabis? Like what temperatures can they handle without problems and what is the critical temperature where I have to be worried?
And @DannyTwoJoints do you have experience with outdoor growing in your area? Can you tell me something about cold temperature resistance of cannabis? Like what temperatures can they handle without problems and what is the critical temperature where I have to be worried?

Well, extreme cold isn't a problem for me really. The Atlantic keeps things relatively temperate. I can be be a bit mercenary with plants sometimes - survival of the fittest and all that. I have plants outside almost all year round. What survives, survives. I've found a lot of plants will tolerate snow, frost, wind, rain, salt air & drought pretty well, or well enough to keep a genetic library outside. I start taking keeper cuttings (and existing moms & dads) indoors in small pots around the start of Sept., to go out again in March. I wouldn't say it's the prettiest operation, but it works "enough".

Finishing plants for consumption is a different story. We have a late start to proper summer weather, and an early finish. Long daylight hours till late in the season too. High humidity in July/Aug means near constant mold threat.

Plants tend to veg really well, but flowers are at the mercy of Sept/Oct storms (if they've survived the mold) as to whether they finish or not.

Occasionally you get lucky, and even haze will finish outdoors "enough".

Lots of stuff survives in hedges under plastic cover, and cuttings can be taken and finished indoors.

Wassup Brothers and Sisters,

time for another update. The pictures shown today were taken last Friday (07.10.2022). Sorry for the bad quality, there was too much sunlight and I don’t really know how to set the camera properly for full sunlight conditions. Has anyone got advice on how I can improve this?

These days I am a bit worried about boar destroying my crop. Have a look at this picture, they destroyed a nearby field which is about 50m from my grow spot. The grassland you see is about 20m distance from my plants. Its like these pigs are on some kind of frenzy these days 😬 I also suspect them of being the culprits for the damage done to EQ3 (the branch that broke and was lying on the floor). This now also happened to EQ1 and EQ6 :mad:
Destruction1.jpgDestruction2.jpg

So what I ve done is to wire up the broken branches so they wont lie in the wet grass and mold. And that is exactly what happened to the branch of EQ3, it started molding so I harvested it (no picture).
BIND.jpg

Back