Dreamtime - 2013

Dreamtime.

Sounds like a good plan ! Good variation even in a small sample. Of the three DT I have one is twice the size of the others not to mention at least 3 different phenos by the looks at 3 weeks from seed..the 4 NHS at 4 weeks very vigorous and uniform.
Look forward to following this grow!

Update

Well the dreamtimes are about three weeks old (the oldest) And they are now in larger pots.

This is just after repotting, a week ago.
DSCF9017-cropped.jpg

This picture was taken last night.
DSCF9021-cropped.jpg

So far they are growing very well, I have delayed getting them under the metal halides because they are in an out building that is unheated and we've just had a spring snow fall.

Last night another NHS sprouted so that's 4 for 4, very surprised to see the new sprout.
So that was thirteen days to germinate for the last NHS.

I did a little calculation on my germ rates Dreamtimes took an average of 3.9 days to sprout (58% success), NHS took an average of 5 days to sprout (100% success).

Five of the Dreamtimes never sprouted and I have given up on them.

Last edited:
Looking very promising those dreamtimes! Yes different strains do tend to germinate faster or slower depending. I like the way those seedlings have nice tight nodes!

I like the way those seedlings have nice tight nodes!

I'm actually quite surprised at how uniform the growth rate is considering that they are marketed as different strains but that's probably the whole point of creating a Dreamtime pack and a Walkabout pack. The Dreamtime strains are supposed to be more suitable to indoor growing and so far these ones are awesome!

#12 is still my favourite :)

You have good grounds to be happy with them. I still can't believe the good tight growth you have at such an early stage. They will do really well I'm sure. Good time of year to grow them because the rooms usually stay cooler. IMO this helps produce a much healthier bushier plant which is ideal indoors..

Starting to see quite a bit of variation in the leaves at this point. I still have them crowded in with my NHS in my little seedling starter, but it's getting really crowded in there!

Dreamtime 7 at 22 days - this one is the tallest at just over 8 inches.
dt7.jpg

So ya, it's getting pretty crowded in there, time to get the plants out to the barn!
crowded.jpg

I am seeing quite a few of the plants with leaves that are overlapping, like DT#3 shown here. How common is this? Any hints as to what strains do this?
dt3.jpg

One more shot, just for fun.
jungleshot.jpg

Really big for 22 days IMO. Must be fairly warm there I take it. THe overlapping leaves is typical when the growing is good IME. I have one dreamtime that is alot bigger than the others and has short fat leaves, sometimes referred to as rounded, but don't see that with yours.. like you say it is a blended seed mix so could be anything in there , which is what makes it interesting for sure. Hope you move them soon, they need room and are really moving!

Well I moved the Dreamtimes and the NHS out to the barn, I repotted the last two NHS into bigger pots. The seed starting soil is not too rich with nutrients but the soil I used in the bigger pots has some blood meal and bone meal and some worm castings. The soil is well aged so lot's of goodness in there.

DSCF9048.jpg

So these plants are actually under two lights, each light runs for 10 hour, after a while I will start to overlap the lights to that both lights are on at the same time. By the time I get to flowering each light will still be on for 10 hours but for 8 of the twelve hours both lights will be on. This gives me a flat power usage, something that I am doing strictly because of the energy costs and budgeting.

I just realized it's been a week since I updated, so here's some new pics.
group8.jpg

DT1.jpg

Wow DT1 is 14" tall, it's the youngest and tallest, it's grown 2" in two days!

Attachments

• DT1.jpg
    DT1.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DT8.jpg
    DT8.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 13
  • NHS4.jpg
    NHS4.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF9050.jpg
    DSCF9050.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 15
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 14
Hey Stonesplitter, ya they are doing well, I'm very pleased.
So last night I cut the daylight hours down to 16/8 from 20/4 and now there are four hours of overlap where two lights are on instead of one. Hopefully this will help with sexing the plants.

Originally I wanted to clone them all but since I have been picked as a tester for Grail Widow I want to wrap things up a bit sooner with these plants and focus on the Grail, I'm guessing there is a keeper in the grail, I only really need one or two moms. Maybe I can find a heavy Indica mom in the DT's. It seems the Grail is going to be Sat dom.

Plus I still have some DT seeds some NHS seeds and THE STONES and some BC SKUNK, so I will probably clone some but not all.

I figure in a week most of them will be put in bigger pots, and a week later put into flower.

Meantime, I have to get my soil ready for the Grail, I like to let the soil marinade a bit in the sun. :)

This is NHS1 a fine looking plant!

Now we just need some sun!!

Take care and thanks for looking in.

Sounds like a good plan there! Yes likely wise to keep some clones of all those dreamtimes, must be some good ones there too. Your soil system sounds good. I just dug some muck out of a swampy area , talk rich organic matter. Yes the warmer temps are welcome, my plants have been a little slow due to cold room they.re in but should start jumping abit this week.
Yes fine looking NHS there, you get good tight branching . Good stuff!:)

Fat leafed Dreamtime

Just thought I'd upload this of 6 wk old dreamtime currently growing, haven't seen fat leaf pheno like this for a few years,. almost like lettuce leaves:)

Attachments

• SANY1206MNS Dreamtime Fat leaf.jpg
    SANY1206MNS Dreamtime Fat leaf.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
cannalettuce

HA ha yes and Ironically it is growing in a bed of lettuce, I don't know maybe chemical communication but man some fat and curly leaves!!Love the Dreamtime !:)

Attachments

• SANY1204MNS Dreamtime 6 wks.jpg
    SANY1204MNS Dreamtime 6 wks.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 21
Back