Doors advice

BrotherBoris

Will be getting a Doors album soon. For any of you Doors fans, can you tell me how you proceeded? Do you suggest going 12/12 after a couple weeks of 18/6 or another regimen. How’s her appetite? other pointers are appreciated. One last question. Can you compare this to Holy Smoke or others that may have similar needs and techniques? Thanks!

High AF brother G-unit,
I grew 3 females and a male outdoors in 6L pots.
Pots too small, they wanted to grow huge.
didnt quite finish in my environment, needed another 4-6 weeks

i get flavors of fresh sawn timber when growing, and malted barley when smoking.... but they hadn't finished flowering.
you will notice the haze AC fruit salad flavors stand out when grow a dozen or more of whatever he fathered.

When I grow her next time indoors, I will start 12/12 from seed.
I wouldn't grow outdoors in my environment again until i have a greenhouse so she can finish properly.... i could possibly find one that would finish earlier but need to search through a whole pack.

other member here have done some top shelf doors grows

that is my $2 and 22cents

get growing and knock up a tidy new doors thread that even Chuck Norris couldn't beat

Seems like the way to go, thanks KA. I’ve never done it this way but makes sense or I may do my usual and wait for alternative phalaxy (sp?) and clone and put clones directly to 12/12 after rooting. But the 12/12 is worth a try and I’ll probably do it on second thought because in nature sativas have that and the Doors seem to exhibit sativa dominance at 75/25 makeup. Or maybe I’ll just move to Colombia and live in the country rather than in Medellin…

Will be getting a Doors album soon. For any of you Doors fans, can you tell me how you proceeded? Do you suggest going 12/12 after a couple weeks of 18/6 or another regimen. How’s her appetite? other pointers are appreciated. One last question. Can you compare this to Holy Smoke or others that may have similar needs and techniques? Thanks!
What are your environmental considerations? ID or OD? As you know different phenotypes respond differently to different inputs. We can project our expectations but one needs to follow the plants lead as you know, in real time. They will typically grow 3-4x in flower. Primarily columnar when grown ID but looks more like 5Hz when grown outdoors with many long spears and huge growth. Take a look at @slabsofdank awesome outdoor grow. Compare his Doors to his NL5/Hz to see what I mean. One can definitely see the relationship.
Holy Smoke is a different can of beans with more sativa structure and different smells and effects. A definite must grow.
While reading other journals to get an idea, be open to your own personal experience as it too will be valuable info for the rest of us. Good hunting!

mu

Indoor Mu. I’m very familiar with sativas but not with going right into 12/12 from seed. Alway have waited for alt branching then flipping to flower. This is because I learned way back that was when plant was mature and ready to flower. Old habits and methods stick with me but am willing to try something new if based on someone else’s experience that I can trust and I trust what guys here say not from any of the so called experts on YouTube or other seed sites. I’ll check out slabs grow to compare the two. Have a feeling that The Doors will be NH type which I’m very ok with. No hurries no worries…But if you or someone can tell me 12/12 from seed or very soon after does not affect potency then I’m doing it! Thanks!

I prefer to start my plants 12/12 once they have vegged enough to show sex in 18/6. Based on 8 foot ceiling height, most of the time sativa plants are 16-22" before I begin 12/12 cycle. Staying longer in veg gives a better morphological idea of what the plant looks like IMO. This was using HPS/MH lights. I'm thinking they have to be taller at the start for LED's.

mu

Understand Mu. Funny but I’m thinking about going to LED’s now but once again it’s a change from my old way of HPS. I used them only and well you know, stretch city…Seems a lot of guys are happy with LED’s now and grow shop guy said most use them unless they need heat of MH or HPS. Thanks for your input. I’m excited about the Doors as well as the Holy Two. I’m old time SSH, NH, Mango and Shark fan and had some great kids but it’s been a few years. Todo bien! Hasta luego.

I prefer to start my plants 12/12 once they have vegged enough to show sex in 18/6. Based on 8 foot ceiling height, most of the time sativa plants are 16-22" before I begin 12/12 cycle. Staying longer in veg gives a better morphological idea of what the plant looks like IMO. This was using HPS/MH lights. I'm thinking they have to be taller at the start for LED's.

mu
i did like doing this for this reason, gives a better morphological idea of what the plant looks like.... but i have had some plants that have taken much longer than 6 weeks, more like 10 wks, in 18/6 to show identifiable sex traits.

Hey B, get your beans running soon and we can have side-by-side grows. Soaked mine 2 weeks ago and was going to start my journal shortly.
Let's grow. ;) 🌲

Still waiting for mine Lenny. Am combining a couple orders and just got another auction to combine last night. My order is on hold there, trying to straighten that out now. It’s a cool idea. I think it will be a great grow and that The Doors will Light our Fires…

Still waiting for mine Lenny. Am combining a couple orders and just got another auction to combine last night. My order is on hold there, trying to straighten that out now. It’s a cool idea. I think it will be a great grow and that The Doors will Light our Fires…
The strains and prices make the auctions addictive. (y)

Back