Does bending a hard flowering male top slow it?

Ronin

Well-known member
A particular male is too tall for the dark box and I just tied the top over. Will it slow the pollens maturation? It is pretty far into flowering and don't want to trigger the wrong chemicals. I know how it goes with chick plants but I never did this with a male.

Thanks
 
A particular male is too tall for the dark box and I just tied the top over. Will it slow the pollens maturation? It is pretty far into flowering and don't want to trigger the wrong chemicals. I know how it goes with chick plants but I never did this with a male.

Thanks

I had my male SSH tied several different ways. Didn't seem to slow him down at all.
 
Awesome! Thanks for the fast answer. This is a sat-dominated hybrid. More sativa looking than its sisters. Fast flowering and stinks like fish emulsion yet none has ever touched it. Stinkiest plant in my house but it is a really repulsive stink.

My options are limited atm and seeds should be on the way but ya know they don't always make it and I would rather be safe than sorry.

Do you think that roadkill with poo smeared on it smell will transfer?

:D
 
Hopefully? lol

Only 1 way to find out....... What plants are you crossing? I am not the genetic expert, but seeing as the roadkill is SO sought after and SO elusive (but it deffo does exist) that it is probably a recessive trait. Bad news for the initial cross, but you will be able to find the smell in the 'f2' gen and beyond..

I used a ssh male with a haze smell that is different than his sisters (dry incense vs. sweet deadstuff). It has passed MOSTLY the deadstuff haze smell, but the plants that carry the dry smell seem to be the winners, and more haze-heavy..

Cross him to as much as you can, grow the crosses, work with the line(s) you like the best. Free seeds RULE, lol. :D
 
Back
Top