Discussion: Making the best soil for Marijuana at home!

http://mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=38


Recipes #1 and #2 are 'just add water'.

Very good point. They are both very good start to fnish mixes ith no nutes needed.

what kind of nutes do you use during the grow process?? I'm looking for a mix that I dont need to add any nutes through the grow process except maybe a little bloom fert or something. My last grow I just used some Miracle grow organic with some perlite and worm castings, but this wasn't good enough.

I still need to add nutes. I'm not really into all the organic hype. I have grown 100% organic and with chemical nutes and see little if any difference in yields, flavor, and overall health of the plant. I respect other's opinions on this, and if they feel organic gives them better results then I say do what works for you. For me, the Fox Farm soils seem to hold up well through about 2 weeks of veg, then I need to add nutes. I have used most nutes on the market; organic and otherwise. I find as long as nutes are used properly, the results are the same and most of the hype claimed by these nutes companies is mostly hype and advertising. I use about half strength grow w/ a small amount of boost in the veg stage. In the preflower stage I flush at the first sign of flowers, then add a dose of molasses. The next feeding is a bloom. after the first feeding of bloom I use a mix of half strength bloom w/ 1/4 strength boost. Then about 3 weeks before finish I go to water and molasses for the last 3 weeks, th last week just water. throughout the grow I use small amounts of Cal/Mag plus b/c I find many of my strains use up most micro nutrients and trace minerals during late veg nd mid flowering, so I use it periodically throughout the grow.

I have good results using this and have used it for the past 5 yrs or so. I have used many methods, recipes both organic and chemical, however I feel this is dialed in well for the strains i grow most. I have found some strains do require a little tweaking here and there on feeding, but overall this formula works for me.

We can get advice and suggestions from 100 well experienced growers and still not be happy with the results. It is more a matter of finding what works for you and gives you the results you like. Only experience and trial and error can give you this. I dislike trial and error as much as anyone, however any experienced grower can express the bad experiences from trying something new and/or using different formulas. It is when you hit that point of what works for you that it all becomes worthwhile and rewarding.
 
Last edited:
I hear ya sativalvr, growing is alot of trial and error and you learn from mistakes and do what works for the next time. I like the idea of having everything in one mix where all I would have to do is add water. Ill see how it goes and try one of these mixes.
 
Back
Top