Different shades of green

UncleElroy

Hi folks I've just started some Critical mass seeds recently on the 1st Nov. There was 7, 4 of which I planted in Bio Bizz all Mix and the other 4 into Westlands, they were all started in b&q seedling compost.

The darker one in the pics is a male but look how darker the green is in the leaves and that is using the cheaper Westlands stuff. My question is why is the one in the allmix not as deep a green is the plant in need of N ? The last 2 waterings I have given the BioBizz plants 1/2ml a litre and the 2nd time 1ml a litre and still no change.

This is affecting all the All Mix plants which I thought would have been the better performer.

Attachments

• DSC00325.JPG
    DSC00325.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00327.JPG
    DSC00327.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00328.JPG
    DSC00328.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00329.JPG
    DSC00329.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi UncleE. Do the lighter green plants 'seem' equally healthy as the dark one? If they do, it is probably just a genetic difference between seeds. If you think they are lacking, try giving the lighter plants a lil nute shot to see if they change color (darker). Good luck!

High barletta, they dont seem less healthy the bigger one on the left there is a male so that accounts for his size. The lighter ones have been given some fish mix the last 2 waterings 1/2ml and then 1ml per litre.

I've just repotted them lat night in the 11l pots so I'll see how they go with some fresh compost to munch through ;)

Nice

Hi UncleElroy

First of all, those plants look excellent. A real treat for the eyes. I'm guessing you use metal halide for veggin.

The green color is directly related to the amount of chlorophyll present in the leaf. It could be some deficiency or nutrient lockout but the plant does look very healthy. It might just need a shot in the arm like Barletta said.

Sometimes plants just want to be repotted, don't know why but if nothing else works I always try that.

I think this might just be a good example of how the cheaper stuff sometimes wins over the deluxe high end stuff. I also use the complete biobizz line but I always prepare the soil with guano, blood meal, ash of birch and mineral dust as well. I do this because I think that it's essential for the plants to have access to basic nutrients, ready in the soil, and the biobizz stuff is more of a supplemental measure once the nutrients in the soil are gone. I do tend to use loads of TopMax during flowering because it seems to improve on the smell and taste of the buds.

I think that compost will quickly fix this problem and they'll take on that lovely deep green color. If not I would give the plant a good and long flush and then add some biobizz nutes.

You could also try foliar feeding with a weak nute mix, that might do the job.

Good Luck and Happy Growing!

Last edited:
Hi there

Like B said the leaf color isnt only due to too much/little N but its also strain dependent .

Some sativas wont go dark green no matter how much N you give em. They ll just be lime green when healthy. If you feed more they'll just show signs of distress. NevillesHaze was one example. On the other hand hybrids and indicas will get shiny and very dark green before you know you fed them too much.. Sats wont go shiny , neither very dark green.

Now in this case if you see that the plant that has gone bit pale has leaves that are yellowing (lower part of the plant) then you should feed em a bit N.
If all the leaves look good and the plant doesn't get any greener after feeding enough then its the strain/pheno and go easy with the nutes. Repotting might help as it seems bit small and the growth rates may be fast.

Last edited:
the dark one looks more indica dominant indica plants do tend to have dark blue green almost blackish green leafs it looks normal to me. as said above repot them up as the pots do look on the small side just follow the instuctions on the bottle and dont try to push the plants to the max by adding loads of shit that is not needed and you should have a nice crop looking by the pics you posted.

Last edited:
Back