D.I.Y Hydroponic Systems On A Shoestring

Thanks for the tour, Joe.

I wish I saw this a few months ago:
attachment.php

I think most growers who switch to DWC are going to have a hiccup in growth without seeing this diagram. The drip-ring net cup is also an excellent solution.

Great post!

Thanks for the tour, Joe.

I wish I saw this a few months ago:
attachment.php

I think most growers who switch to DWC are going to have a hiccup in growth without seeing this diagram. The drip-ring net cup is also an excellent solution.

Great post!

Good Morning :)
Someone Asked Last Night Which System I Would Chose To Grow In And If I Could Construct One Myself ( Growell Make Their I.W.S Copy In House ) Would Be A 4-6 Pot Recirculating DWC With Krusty Type Module And Resevoir
£345.00 Is One Hell Of A Rip Off ( But Then Again So Is Rotten Carpets And Angry Neighbours )
Heres The Type I'm Talking About
Joe:)

Attachments

• fhd_bucket_system- Future harvest Stand.jpg
    fhd_bucket_system- Future harvest Stand.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
  • fhd_bucket_system_addon.jpg
    fhd_bucket_system_addon.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
  • o2xs.jpg
    o2xs.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Replacing Drrippers With Bubbler Hose.jpg
    Replacing Drrippers With Bubbler Hose.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 3 Disc Ultrasonic Fogger -DWC Heaven.jpg
    3 Disc Ultrasonic Fogger -DWC Heaven.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Under Nobodies Thumb- Lil Buds.jpg
    Under Nobodies Thumb- Lil Buds.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Pedigree Class - Mr Nice Ortega - October 2010.jpg
    Pedigree Class - Mr Nice Ortega - October 2010.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 6
Can I Just Say I Find The Information Given By Canna Newsletters To Be Invaluable And In Depth. I'd Love To Go On Their Course ( Diploma ) When I Get Better .
Every Month You Recieve An E-Mail With A Brand New Article
Someone Enquired About Aquaponics , A Method I First Learnt About From Breeder Steve Who Liked The Idea Of Feeding His Plants At A Rate Of 6mg's Of Fish Food Per Square Meter :)
The Nitrates Must Be Kept In Check Though.
I'm Not Promoting An Alternative Site , Or Product
Just The Educational Side Of Things
Any Other Canna U.k Members On Board ?

Attachments

• Canna-Aquaponics Article-001.jpg
    Canna-Aquaponics Article-001.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Canna Aquaponics Article-002 Float Raft Culture.jpg
    Canna Aquaponics Article-002 Float Raft Culture.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • articles-controllingnatureswhims_text_1.jpg
    articles-controllingnatureswhims_text_1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 11
  • articles-plantswatering_text_2- Canna News.jpg
    articles-plantswatering_text_2- Canna News.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 9
  • before Water.jpg
    before Water.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Time To Water Now - Use Weight Scale.jpg
    Time To Water Now - Use Weight Scale.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
Very good setup and nice pictures there. This kind of setup is very good for the indoor growing and gives better results than any other systems. Quite an inspiring stuff here. Keep such a good work going on will be very much beneficial.

Hey Fishy Fishy- DIY Aquaponic Set Up

Going To Upload A New Image Daily Of The Many Systems Available To Make
This One; Just Add Fish Food Instead Of Fertiliser;)
JKP

Attachments

• Aquaponics.jpg
    Aquaponics.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 12
How-to build a 5 gallon hydroponic DWC system with trellis for cucumbers - YouTube

i think that IF you have the water touching the bottom of the net pot - the set-up needs at least 1 gallon of air for each gallon of water every minute. also, i think there is supposed to be one gallon of water for every vertical foot you plan on using.

Thanks For Your Contribution To The Thread, Fated :)
Lower The Level To Encourage Root Growth. D.O, Or Dissolved Oxygen Supplies And Feeds The Rootball.
Time I Do A Hydro Grow. Getting Tired Of Soildust Particles Inhaled Whilst I Sleep:rolleyes:
Either NFT or DWC
Something Indica From Mr Nice, Of Course
JKP

P.S Got A Couple Of Bicycle Wheels ?:D

Attachments

• volksgarden_full1.png
    volksgarden_full1.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 2
Lighting- Safety First

Very good setup and nice pictures there. This kind of setup is very good for the indoor growing and gives better results than any other systems. Quite an inspiring stuff here. Keep such a good work going on will be very much beneficial.

Thanks David Harritz , And Welcome To The MNS Forums :)
Also Thanks For Your Link To L.E.D Lighting ( HHHG Has Many Interesting Threads Showing L.E.D's In Action ;) ). Prices Are Dropping Too, I See.

In Regards To Posts Like Converting 70 or 150 Watt HPS Outdoor Lamps Into Growlamps I'd Rather Not Scrimp On Lighting, Both For SAFETY And EFFICIENCY.

Since Leaving Canada I've Stopped Using 1000 Osram Pears In Favour Of The Most Efficient HPS, The 600 ( Plug And Play System With Reflector/Bulb For Under £70.00 !! )

I Still Hav'nt Gone Digital And Have A Old Ballast

Recently A Friend , And Excellent Grower/Photographer Used What Are Considered To Be The Future In Lighting. PAR And Lumen Output From A 300 Watt System That Performs Better Than A 600 HPS !!
So That Means 50% Less On Bill, Or Extra Lights
@ £800.00 Each, The Lumix L.E.D-Plasma Lamps Are Expensive But Will Pay For Themselves After A Couple Of Years.
I Always Thought Plasma or O-LED Was The Future, Especially After Witnessing This Sulpher-Plasma At The 2007 Hydro Expo In Telford Was Very Impressive.
.JKP

Attachments

• DSCF2727.JPG
    DSCF2727.JPG
    528.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2728.JPG
    DSCF2728.JPG
    484.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Sensi_Star_Motherplant-_Sept01-med.jpg
    Sensi_Star_Motherplant-_Sept01-med.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 6
  • SensiSeeds-SGR200-OrSon-TAgro.jpg
    SensiSeeds-SGR200-OrSon-TAgro.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 7
  • amsterdam09 547.jpg
    amsterdam09 547.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 4
  • amsterdam09 517.jpg
    amsterdam09 517.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
ASAP

I have a 200 watt set up to compare with HHHG's.

it's a kessil h350 magenta and 4 2ft. HO T5's (i think i may need another kessil - for about 300 watts total) in a 2' X 2' space. also have one more sunlight supply T5 for veg.

i plan on using a set up like the one in the link i posted, and i went for the GH dual diaphragm pumps - but i always start in good old fashioned Dirt.

the nutes will be the GH solid stuff with floraliscious plus (i roll really low like 1/8 to 1/4 hydro nutes even when growing in dirt).

good lord willing i will be working with U2, Angel's Breathe, Critical Haze, NHXMH f2'2, White russian X (NHXMH), JTR, and Space Queeen.

I doubt they will pop, but i also have a decent number of Blueberry X Blue moonshine and Blue moonshine f2's. Oh yeah, and some decent bag seed that i may use to test the set up.

this is a great post JKP - thanks for helping.

:cool:

i might add, i am currently smoking some Purple AK from a colorado dispensary - thanks friends for helping bring it over!

Last edited:
Glad you Chose Rubberised Plastic

I Have Some More Schematics Here That Are Used For Growing Hydroponically.
Every One Can Be Made For Much Less Than A Hydro Supply ( Perfect If You Are Paranoid Of Such Stores Or Want To Keep A Low Profile ;) )
I've Seen Some Great Examples Here @ MNS Forums And Do Hope Members Show Off Their Creations.

Someoone Was Looking For Cheap Ideas On E&F
Worlds Oldest Hydroponic Equiptment Available To The Masses ;) Nutriculture US Check Out The Flexitank!
Rubberised Plastic ( Rubbermaid,Etc) Does Not become Brittle Over Time, Good Choice
JKP

Last edited:
Ebb And Flow

Couple Of Ebb And Flood Systems. Hope These Schematics Cut The Cost To D.I.Y'rs
JKP:)

Attachments

• infopaper-aqua_text_7- Ebb And Flood.jpg
    infopaper-aqua_text_7- Ebb And Flood.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Ebb And Flo Ideas- Mel Thomas.jpg
    Ebb And Flo Ideas- Mel Thomas.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 12
Can anybody suggest a maintainance/prevention/healthy growth dose of H2O2 per liter to use in a hydro system? Assuming 35%

Cold temps and high DO

Hey there greens...

I'd go 10-15 ml per gal so that's about 3-5 ml per lit....

Cold water temps and high levels of dissolved oxygen are much more important to overall plant growth and root health as well as a preventative...

There's some things h2o2 just can't compete with... But assuming water and air temps are fine as well as levels of oxygen to the roots then the above dosage will keep things in check... Can be sprayed on top of medium as well to prevent green algae or other growth...

Hope this helps...

OG.

Edit... Thought for some clarity I might add.... The above recommended dosage is for regular healthy plants... Sick plants or seedlings and younger more sensitive plants I would reccommend cutting the dosage in half and gradually increasing based on how the plant and environment react.... Also h2o2 should not be used as and is not an end all cure all.... Cold water and lots of oxygen trumps any additive period.... That's goes for hygrozyme and other enzymes as well... Now back to your regular schedules programming...

Last edited:
Back