Crossing results f?

Bilbo

Member
Hello all!

I crossed my lone female Shark Shock (select few buds pollenated) with 3 Shark Shock males all from the same MNS 15 pack. This makes the resulting seeds f2? Just trying to keep this strain around :D

Now if I crossed the f2? males back to my f1? mom, the seed would be f3? .... and cross the f3? seeds back again to the original female f1? to get f4? seed... is that right?

Thanks,

Bilbo
 
answer to BILBO...

Hello Bilbo, :-)
no body answer at your question ?
I'll try to help U ... ;)
You are making a back-cross... 50%-50%
if U cross the result of this back cross one more time with the same mother, it's the second back-cross...75%-25%
if U cross the result of the second back-cross one more time with the same mother, it's a CUBING ! ! ! 87.5%-12.5%
U can continue many time like that...93.75%-6.25%... ;-)
96.875%-3.125%... ;-)
...
99.9%-0.01%...
Ask before to Shantibaba , because you are making a copy of the GWS...
I hope that I could light U .
;-)
GrOwDaWeeD
 
Last edited:
Yes I suppose the more 'scientific naming' would be bx1 like indica jones said but I think there is nothing wrong to call it F3 if you want to. Bx1 would have the advantage to let the other person understand that its a backcross though.


By the way I was wondering is F1 naming supposed to be used for IBL x IBL only (with unrelated un-hybridized genetics in the two IBLs) or can also be used for any type of cross, like with IBL x Hybrid or Hybrid x Hybrid etc..?

Basically I ask is there a scientifically acceptable standard for this naming?
 
Shanti... bx1 growth characteristics

Wow!

Where have I been lol

Thanks guys for the input. The Shark Shock bx1 are now sown... 17 of 20 sprouted, 4 being transplanted and the others being in tomato pellots have a day or so lol! These were very vibrant and sprouted in four days.

Any characteristics I should look for in a bx1 plant? Are they similar or differing phenos?

Thanks!

Bilbo:confused:
 
WoW ! ! !

Hi Bilbo,
Hi All,
smoke2.gif

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your back-cross.
Yes you chances of a maximum of differents phénos.
But I think you would be very lucky to have a great female phenom in the first back-cross. :o
It is now that you should make the most of the work of selection. ;)
I think you should select 2 or 3 males maximum . The best of course ...
Those that most closely approximate to what you want as an outcome.
Then you re-cross the main mother plant with which you started your back-cross. :eek:
I can't give lesson to anyone, I think that's what's best to do in this case?
In fact is that I am doing for several months.
I'll post a picture of my mother pollenised plant.
Good luck for your flowering, your selection and for your future back-cross.
__________________
PEACE 4 ALL
 
MNS Shark Shock bx1

Thanks growdaweed! (and all)

You can see the lil sprouts over in the Shark Shock forum... doing very well :D
I can't wait for these to ... to... :rolleyes: grow a BUD! lol

I am actually looking forward to this grow. I am better situated to separate the SS grow from other grows (male and female if I decide that route).

It has some stiff competition being MNS G13Skunk and Shit... I can't wait!

Bilbo
 
Back
Top