Biggest Plant of the Year Contest (BBC 2012)

Billy Boy

well hope this takes off.....
Its been almost a year since I started the BOTM, and unfortunatley don't have time to run things.... (thanks HHHG)
So here's a contest I should be able to manage... BBC.. (the Bigger than Bushweed Challenge)....
Some may not know, but I love big plants... Indoors for me though... And a while ago a mate asked 'when am I and bushweed getting together to grow the biggest plant in the world?' so I pondered for a while, and decided to put my nuts on the line and promised to post a pic of them if anyone can grow a plant bigger than bushweed can.... That still stands.... LOL
So time to get serious.... And formally make this a contest... But to include the whole ganja growing planet, its a year long thing.. And I'm sure some prizes can be sorted before next year...
So closing date is Christmas day 2012.... And a poll will be started at the begining of next december...

I for one would love to see/know all the tricks and genetics and such that makes these giant plants possible... So please invite all the growers you know who like to grow big in or out, to come and post there farming methods...
And one rule... No sillyness......
It would be nice to see plants from start to finish if poss....
Thanks in advance folks.. And please invite anyone you know who likes nuts, I mean big plants:D....
Peace
BL

Good Rally Bill Liar, big ups brother!

CM

P.S. If the prize is your nut... I do not want any part of it, lol

count me in. I got a 5hz that is mothering now. she is about 5'. I will veg her til spring then break her in with shadecloth in the gh. I plan on using a 10' x 30' gh with 18' height. I will dig the whole floor 36" deep and fill with dirt. Good luck everybody. CC

now thats what I'm talking about CC... This should be fun....

And chana me old mate.... Not just one nut... But two are up for grabs here.... LOL....
Peace
BL

then by all means...count me out!

really though, i wish i had my own house where i could cut a big hole in the floor grow a 2 story plant!

is there indoor and outdoor seperate or is it all in one ? would seem unfair to indoors if they have to compete with outdoors

peace :cool:

p.s. are the nuts covered in chocolate ? and if we have alergies can we have chocolate covered raisins insted ? you might not be old enough to offer raisins though :p

From start to finish, ok Ill start :D

Attachments

• Start.JPG
    Start.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 34
haha!! Billy boy strikes back huh!!? nice concept.. oh, and all that homoerotic stuff just ups the ante!! heehheee!! u know i gotsta drop one myself 'fore i go,yeah? okay, "serious,serious..." -- 'ahem!! uh, GOOD ONE, LIAR b,, you keep it up, now-ya'hear?" ..how'd that go? yeah? it's a take? sweet. now just gotta get some actual material...... jbbbzzzzzzzj

hi all,
Thanks for taking interest... I suppose at the end we can judge indoor and outdoor plants seperately... Unless we get in the same league.....lol I'll be trying to beat my best with heaths strain, and critical mass indoors....
And in this weather b0b, yes raisins may be on the menu....hehee...
Even if not to compete, will be nice to see everyones big plants...
Oh and no. 9... You still mad as?
Peace
BL

9's in the house
liarfirepants! said:
.. You still mad as?
oh, um... dunno? momma never had me tested... ne'ways,, if u ask me, y'all the crazy one's,, growin em big.. i'v always daydreamed of doing something like that.. 1 room, 1-2 plants... but in my mind it's a project that's best left till retirement.. long growtimes with no action scare me... best wishes Billy! let's hope people grab and run with it.. lovelove, yeah? jj

10122011068_1_.JPG

Just thought I'd share my s**t photography skills, as that's is the way my threads roll...... hehee...
This is V3 by Heath Robinson, (G13/Widow x NL).. going to get about 4-6 weeks veg from here then going in my tree machines along side either a Critical mass or a critical widow.... but they need sexing yet, the V3 is a fem..
Need to treat for the fungus leaf rust that I always seem to get here..
peace
BL

Last edited:
Well I'll throw in a couple crappy pics to get going, seein as nobody else is:eek:
These are from a single seed came up last Spring in a bag of dirt left in the back 40 to compost and recycle. Sprout (unknown origin) was coming up thru the snow was in the 20's that day. I called her Survivor. Took her in and this is what I got. On the 8'ceiling, I'd guess about 4' across. this is only part of her in the pic. Almost 5 QP's dry. Very nice kinda airy very berry fragerance and flavor.
jolly-roger-albums-random-stuff-picture8178-mtn.jpg

A lil closer
jolly-roger-albums-random-stuff-picture8179-closer.jpg

nice tree jolly roger....
Thanks for the bump there mate.
Time to get this thread rocking... I'm still early on with my trees.. So will just use this here tread as a journal...
Keep 'em peeled..
Peace
BL
If anyone can grow a plant bigger than Bushweed can, I'll post a picture of my nuts... LOL

I think bushy's got a thai trick up his sleeve sensi..lol
But I'm booked in for the full 'Back, Sack and Crack' just in case mate.. Hehee.
Peace
BL

hi
what does bigger plant mean ? higher ,heavier, larger ?? :D
and some section could be welcome ? indoor south hemisphere north hemisphere ,temperate tropical . ;)
can't wait to see some good work :)

peace

While, I wont be able to compete with you outdoor growers, nor can I afford to space to create a huge monster indoors, I am going to try and create a largish sized MangoHaze Bush.

Here is my little lady after a reveg. She's really taken off. Lots of hybrid vigor. I transplanted her into a 3 gallon containers 3 or 4 days ago. I can't wait to see how fast she'll grow once she roots into the new media well.

Attachments

• MangoHaze Bush Beginning.jpg
    MangoHaze Bush Beginning.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 5
MangoHaze J

I hope you guys have got your butts in gear, because my MangoHaze lady isn't holding back any. Id put good money on her to win any race in veg, but not so much in flower :D

Pictures are a series of dates beginning on the 30th of January, and finishing tonight.

Attachments

• Jan 30th MangoHaze Bush Beginning.jpg
    Jan 30th MangoHaze Bush Beginning.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 5
  • Feb 10th MangoHaze J.jpg
    Feb 10th MangoHaze J.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Feb 22th MangoHaze J.jpg
    Feb 22th MangoHaze J.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 7
  • March 4th Mango Haze J Overhead.jpg
    March 4th Mango Haze J Overhead.jpg