Autoflower genes found in Walkabout

Generally speaking yes, though its probable that the necessary genes could be present in certain other landraces recessively.

Also, Walkabout is a random mix of extra seeds and possibly test crosses. Nevil crossed Ruderalis to a few chemovars back in the day. It's always possible that Shanti popped old beans of Nevils to test and or cross. If that's the case, that walkabout pheno could be very rare. No way to know though.

Or, maybe she was simply an anomoly.

Either way, it was a fun grow to watch she sounds delightful. @Skuncle Lenny thanks again for sharing her with us.

I believe Diesel is correct here.

The "auto" or ruderalis trait is recessive. So this would mean that say 1 or 2 seeds out of a batch of 5000 seeds of any line can exhibit "auto flowers".
Making those finds quite a rarity.. the hungarian ruderalis originally used would have been most handy in stabilising that gene quickly (still at least 2 gens breeding in most cases to stabilise).. as finding recessive females AND males in a single seed line to interbreed would require some serious numbers popped... And/Or serious luck.

I’m back…
So, I extended the Walkabout early finisher and made feminized seeds. I did what I mentioned earlier, in that I germinated seeds back on May 11th to grow outdoors.
IMG_2935.jpeg
So they’re about 45 days old, and if you 👀 close you’ll see one is starting to flower already!!!
IMG_2936.jpeg
My theory was that they’d finish quickly, like mid-Sept, before the Fall rain ☔
Interesting pheno, but when you consider the complex lineage, and Shanti Breeder, it’s a present 🎁
Will be fun to see how they grow in July.
☮️

I am on the clone of the clone that’s flowering under 18/6, as shown in the last pic.
I’m just saying it’s a cool unusual, for me, pheno to find. 🤙

3 weeks later, the ‘autoflower’ stopped growing at about 12 inches.

Hi Skuncle Lenny, I'm curious if it would flower under 19 hrs light? Or if its 6 hr night cycle was interrupted by an hour of light, in the middle of it: 18 hrs on, 2.5 hrs off, 1 hr on, 2.5 hrs off? If you can find a light cycle that keeps it in veg mode, then it isn't a true auto, properly speaking.

I’m just pointing out a strange trait and using the word auto flower liberally. I ran Walkabout initially indoors when one of the phenos started flowering under 18/6. I feminized and made seeds to see if it would be a good plant for outdoors. This is the first round of running those seeds so I would expect inconsistency which I’m seeing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back