'23, '24 COE Winner
Finding an auto flowering pheno within such complexed genetics warrantsšŸ“°šŸŽŗ
45 days post soak she was tall and showing sex/hair:
IMG_9462.png
At 60 days post soak she was 46ā€:
IMG_9463.png
Harvested 10/31, 110 days post soak:
IMG_9464.png
The genetics really show in the clones, 2 generations(cloned the clone), are flowering under 18/6.
The 1st one shown above was flipped quickly so never showed true autoflowering under 18/6. This last round of clones are going to be kept under 18/6 to see if it will finish.

IMG_9466.png
I asked Shanti and even he had no idea how or which of the mixture of Thai, šŸ¦Ø , Mexican, New Guinea and Haze could produce an Auto.
Yet another reason to run MNS regular strains(and that comes from a Skuncle who feminizes to extend).. Iā€™m complexed too
šŸ˜‚

I thought auto flowers were made by introducing Ruderalis into the genetics of the plant. In any event, itā€™s an unexpected treasure. Good luck keeping it going and continuing the trait.
Generally speaking yes, though its probable that the necessary genes could be present in certain other landraces recessively.

Also, Walkabout is a random mix of extra seeds and possibly test crosses. Nevil crossed Ruderalis to a few chemovars back in the day. It's always possible that Shanti popped old beans of Nevils to test and or cross. If that's the case, that walkabout pheno could be very rare. No way to know though.

Or, maybe she was simply an anomoly.

Either way, it was a fun grow to watch she sounds delightful. @Skuncle Lenny thanks again for sharing her with us.

Last edited:
OK, makes sense Diesel, Thanks. Kind of like when I was a kid and there was a redhead in a family of dark haired and the milkman or mailman had red hairā€¦

just joking, no offense meant to any redheadsā€¦

Last edited:
Still showing flowering under 18/6, but buds arenā€™t fattening much, though Walkabout has been fluffy buds.
IMG_9733.jpeg
IMG_9746.jpeg
So after weeks of getting to this stage in my opinion, it needs a shorter light schedule, if I want the buds to fatten up.
But Iā€™d rather use these last two clones as experiments to see what happens if I keep it under a veg light cycle.

IMG_9749.jpeg

I've found a Shark Shock that seems to be flowering under 18/6. It's in a tent with some Black Widow and a few other varieties. I had taken cuttings to sex them, and by the time the cuttings rooted (very vigorously) the main had started to show preflowers.

Caveat is that I've had a few power cuts that may have interrupted lights on time, but none of the other plants are showing sex at all.

Time will tell.

Caveat is that I've had a few power cuts that may have interrupted lights on time, but none of the other plants are showing sex at all.

Time will tell.
My Medicine Man dropped pollen from their pre-flowers in veg shortly after a few black outs. I've had no issues since the lights have stayed consistent.

You'll know soon enough if it was the outages should they revert to veg. Have you tried bumping it to 20/4 instead of 18/6?

This looks extremly similar to a Early-Skunk-Haze plant iĀ“ve seen!! (early pheno under 12/12)
Does it have some sort of sweet-smell to it ?

If so i think it could be: Early-Skunk Type Plant. ItĀ“s so similar i could not hold back to post
Also remember Nevil sayin something about these showing "autoflower" traits without having ruderalis in it iirc.

This looks extremly similar to a Early-Skunk-Haze plant iĀ“ve seen!! (early pheno under 12/12)
Does it have some sort of sweet-smell to it ?

If so i think it could be: Early-Skunk Type Plant. ItĀ“s so similar i could not hold back to post
Also remember Nevil sayin something about these showing "autoflower" traits without having ruderalis in it iirc.
Sweet smell to say the leastā€¦ Delicious smelling, Buds however arenā€™t swelling.
Iā€™ve run Early Skunk and used it to pollinate others due to being a quickie.
Gonna need veg closet room soon, so I will finish the 2 off under 11/13 in the flower/ laundry room.

This will wrap it up for Early Walker šŸ˜Š
IMG_9880.jpeg
IMG_9879.jpeg
So of the original Fast Walkabo plus all her clones, IMO this pheno is at its best when run from late spring/beginning of summer and into the flowering season. It doesnā€™t seem to be a true auto flower, in that it wouldnā€™t finish to its prime, but as seen in the original, itā€™s a fast finisher which buds swelled very nicely as it matured versus the non-swelling buds that come from keeping it under a veg cycle.

IMG_9874.jpeg
IMG_9876.jpeg
IMG_9882.jpeg
Buds are fluffy without the denseness of the original. I did make a couple of hundred feminized seeds of this quickie which will be fun to run this summer to see results.
Very fruity aromas and taste after a good cure.
Put these final 2 in the flower room with The Doors to finish.
šŸ¤™

Back