anyone make their own fem seeds?

captain.koons

New member
I know theres multiple procedures dating back from like the late 1800's or some shit but has anyone done this?

Basically you chemically stress a female plant to go hermie and use the pollen to breed a female plant and theres no X chromosome for the possibility of a male.

However I hear if you don't keep your plants very happy they will get sad and turn hermie.

...

discuss?
 
All I have to do to get a few bananas (male flower on a female plant) is a full strength nute shot. Many of my plants throw 5 or less bananas during flower. I used a banana from a SSH that seemed similar to the bubba dutch pheno to hit a nug on my most sativaish Spice x ssh(hazy). I will be giving the seeds a try out of sheer curiosity. A buddy of mine did the same thing with some DP straw cough, and no herms. Of course, I am only expecting 20-30 seeds from the 1 flower. I plan on running the seeds 1 or 2 at a time, and keep a CLOSE eye on em.

My Orange Mud cross is hermie prone, and I don't have the time/patience to play with it. All 3 females (2 distinct phenos) had lil episodes of banana throwin, so I am done with the cross, and NOT using the bananas, as thge plant is herm prone.
 
All I have to do to get a few bananas (male flower on a female plant) is a full strength nute shot. Many of my plants throw 5 or less bananas during flower. I used a banana from a SSH that seemed similar to the bubba dutch pheno to hit a nug on my most sativaish Spice x ssh(hazy). I will be giving the seeds a try out of sheer curiosity. A buddy of mine did the same thing with some DP straw cough, and no herms. Of course, I am only expecting 20-30 seeds from the 1 flower. I plan on running the seeds 1 or 2 at a time, and keep a CLOSE eye on em.

My Orange Mud cross is hermie prone, and I don't have the time/patience to play with it. All 3 females (2 distinct phenos) had lil episodes of banana throwin, so I am done with the cross, and NOT using the bananas, as thge plant is herm prone.[/QUOTE
stick to the time proven way and pick the best fems and narrow it down to the best one of your bunch.
Andy
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I will be slidin them in 1 or 2 at a time, with the understanding that if they are a problem, out they go. I don't think that using plants that are not hermie prone, but intentionally (lightly) stressed to produce >5 bananas will be an issue. Most of (I guess excluding Soma) the breeders that do fem seeds spray the plants to force them to actually produce balls and shit.

There could be some NASTY plants to come out of that cross, BTW. The female is on the ssh side, and the she-he (joke) was a fast, fat, peppery ssh. I have only heard of other's opinions on the fem seed subject. I don't like the concept of 'trusting' or breeding with fem seeds, but if I run 50 plants, and the herm % is close to the non fems', then.....

Guess who devotes a whole crop for ~5k fem outdoor seeds???

Or if they herm on me, oh well.

I have read a (LOOOONG) commercial thread where dude produces his own fem's with colloidial silver (battery, wire lead, silver wire). Dude GETS BUSY. Full time job? Yeah buddy. But he has a few trusted outdoor stable strains that he runs, he is not tryin to mass (re)produce some poly-hybrid clone only...

I should also add to the "full strength nute" st8tment. I have grown mostly sativas/sativa dom plants, and they get fed rarely and weakly. So back to back shots of pbp bloom @ 30 ml/gal and 45 ml/gal will give my plants a growth spurt and a few bananas. I have only used my ssh #2 banana so far.
 
It's like looking into the past... ;)

I managed to pull a few dozen female SSH seeds from my keeper cut, and will be running them with a smile. They WILL be backed up by cuts in the event that they are nanner-pusses.
:)
 
Back
Top