Anybody using Gorilla grow tents ?

Do you have any advice on what led lights I should purchase ?

Thanks bud 👍

I've been using Quantum Boards with Samsung LM301h (3500k), UV & IR diodes powered by Mean Well drivers.

They produce really nice dense buds and aggressive veg growth, and are really economical to run. I wasn't totally happy with the trichome production compared to MH though.

I'm now running CMH & LEDs side by side during flowering, using LED only for the longer hours of the veg stage and am very happy indeed.

$1500!! Ouch. I've got power limitations, looks like a beast though. I'm partial to Samsung, I don't know anything about Lumiled diodes. Anything you can tell me about them?

mu
Based on the review by cocofocannabis the light is top notch and even with 2 bars removed still provides the best efficiency. And highest ppfd with best coverage over 700ppfd in the corners with 1000ppfd center of the unit.

I've been using Quantum Boards with Samsung LM301h (3500k), UV & IR diodes powered by Mean Well drivers.

They produce really nice dense buds and aggressive veg growth, and are really economical to run. I wasn't totally happy with the trichome production compared to MH though.

I'm now running CMH & LEDs side by side during flowering, using LED only for the longer hours of the veg stage and am very happy indeed.
That is a combo that I to prefer.
Quality is the highest as I’ve ever seen.
👍

I am considering 4x a Spiderfarmer each 100 watt. That means one light per plant in the flowering room. I’ve got many MNS strains that will go well over 1G per watt. But I am watching results from others first somewhere else to come to a final conclusion on which led to buy. Mars Hydro seems alright too for its price.
But I like the idea of seperate lightings, because smaller plants would not require 4 lamps to be on.
Switch is gonna happen soon though. Probably before Christmas.

I've always thought that marshydro was a low budget brand , but latley I've heard good things about them . I had no idea they did tents aswell .

I think its good to have 1 manufacturer making everything, that way everything is well synchronised.
I got one of their 4 by 4 and never had a problem so then I got a 4 by 8 and 4 years later zippers still work like new.
Its not heavy duty like Gorilla but I have seen no need for such heavy thick tent in an already dark room.
If I need another tent it’ll be another MH.
Marshydro is a bulk worldwide seller and from the source.
Their lights I don’t know for I build my led panels.
Gorilla tents are made in likely the same place.
Kind of like MNS auction gear.Just as good as seed banks but from the source so not as much cost.
But to answer your original question I think gorillia tents are likely the best and toughest.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice boys , it's helped alot. I thought I would let you know what I decided to do .

So I bought the gorilla tent and I'm so happy with my choice. The height extention kits make it no 1 for me , the only downside is the retail price . They are very expensive and so are the accessories.

Now with regards to the Led lights , I started watching the recommended videos on YouTube and watched loads more over a few days .

You are bang on about those samsung lm301b LEDs and meanwell drivers mate .
All the good lights like mars hydro , spider farmer and even AC Infinity are using those LEDs and drivers .
Not sure wich one of those I will buy but I will buy one of them .

I am definitely buying the Lumatek Zeus Pro Led light aswell , that's the photontek in USA .
Most likely the 600w version.
Some guys are getting ridiculous Yields under this light .

Respect 👍

I see this thread hasn’t been active for a while but I am considering getting a Gorilla tent.
They have a few on sale in the size I want.
The original versions have a double front door witch zippers that run side to side but they don’t show what keeps the middle seam shut in directions or videos.
If anyone has an original gorilla grow tent what is used to keep the front double doors sealed vertically?

I see this thread hasn’t been active for a while but I am considering getting a Gorilla tent.
They have a few on sale in the size I want.
The original versions have a double front door witch zippers that run side to side but they don’t show what keeps the middle seam shut in directions or videos.
If anyone has an original gorilla grow tent what is used to keep the front double doors sealed vertically?
If I'm understanding you correctly?
Velcro under all flaps.
Gorilla...
Nice tents when bought at a fair / sale price. Like anything they won't last forever but pretty good quality in my opinion. They have a light line that is pretty much comparable to everything else.

I also have a GrowLab that's has to be all of 15 years old that I still use. This tent has been put through hell.

The AC infinity tents have caught my eye as of late.

I'd choose the one you like the best that you can afford and do your best to take care and be cautious opening zippers atleast unrill you get used to it.

If your deciding between sizes and you have room for the larger one then I'd suggest getting the larger tent.

Good luck

If I'm understanding you correctly?
Velcro under all flaps.
Gorilla...
Nice tents when bought at a fair / sale price. Like anything they won't last forever but pretty good quality in my opinion. They have a light line that is pretty much comparable to everything else.

I also have a GrowLab that's has to be all of 15 years old that I still use. This tent has been put through hell.

The AC infinity tents have caught my eye as of late.

I'd choose the one you like the best that you can afford and do your best to take care and be cautious opening zippers atleast unrill you get used to it.

If your deciding between sizes and you have room for the larger one then I'd suggest getting the larger tent.

Good luck
I’m using Marshydro right now and have no complaints.
I may get another and even with Gorilla on sale it’s 1/2 the cost and free shipping.
Migro does a comparison video I need to watch.

i use the mars hydro 2.6x2.6x5' Using it for almost 1.5 years and i'm impressed but i don't use the zipper much.
during the end of year sales I purchased 2 more Mars hydro tents the 3.3' x 3.3' x 6' and the 60"x32"x80" in anticipation of my next scaleup.
/steve

Unfortunately the height advantage of the Gorilla won’t work in my house.
Ceiling is 7.5 feet so the extension would not work.
I might build a raised platform for tent to sit on for better drainage. I sit my container on blocks which allows them to drain into a well with a pump in it.
Migro recommends marshydro in his comparison video.

Crayons work the same as candles.
Chapstick can be used in a pinch.
I use Zipper Ease. It is a dedicated zipper lubricant that doesn’t risk staining fabrics.
Use something. As @Swifty says, "Less friction is lesser wear and tear over the years." Your zipper will last many more years with a little care and maintenance.
YKK Excella is one of the best metal zippers. Any zipper by YKK is usually pretty good.

Untitled.jpg

Riri, and Lambo are considered the 'Rolls Royce' of zippers. Very expensive and not likely on grow tents.

Longball

^^^ it’s the small things that make for quality equipment. Something to consider. I don’t have a grow tent but have other tents, camping, rock climbing and motorcycling gear and I look at the quality of zippers first. In critical applications, certain things you don't scrimp on, i.e. parachutes and scuba equipment AND grow tents!

IMG_6085.jpg IMG_6086.jpg IMG_6087.jpg

mu

$1500!! Ouch. I've got power limitations, looks like a beast though.

MedicGrow 760W Full Spectrum LED currently on sale for $447 USD. No tax on it plus free shipping within the continental USA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_174608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_174608_Chrome.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Medicgrow 1000W Full Spectrum LED currently on sale for $509.00 US, with no tax on it, plus free shipping within the continental USA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_175559_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_175559_Chrome.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 2
Someone mentioned chapstick on zipper teeth.
My zipper sometimes jumps off its teeth and I will give some a try.

I contacted G tents and they said every seam not stitched has a zipper even the vertical seam in the middle of front double doors.

Back