Any Info on your Haze Male?

Loompa

New member
Hey Shanti

Ive got a few questions about the afghan haze line. Haze I guess is comprised of some columbian and Thai and something else. i cant recall right now. But I was wondering if you could explain the phenos Im seeing a little. BTW, Im in love with these plants. So Im seeing some phenos that are kindof a fermenting fruit type smell and some verging on a more anise smell, and then theres an astringegent/eucalyptus/liquer kind of thing going on. Im also seeing phenos that are more columnar with smaller crowning side branches, and some larger cola with larger/bigger crowning branches around the main cola. And I have one female showing purple calyxes, would this be considered a purple haze pheno? Ive had them outdoors all summer at 41 lat, started to blackbox them in June so they are getting close.

im just curious which phenos in the haze im seeing are which. What pheno is dominant in the haze male used in this cross?

Ive also sampled some of the plants and Ive gotten plants that make me feel very close to trippin, while others are more energetic than trippy. Its really nice to run into some serious gear, and this stuff is it. Im just really surprised to see the potency of this line, and its made me interested to find out why I like it soo much..lol

I guess im curious as what part of the haze make-up is responsible for which expression I see. Like whats the differnce between the thai vs the columbian phenos in how they express themselves.

I know this maybe a complicated question and I appreciate any info you would feel free to divulge.
 
Last edited:
Hi Loompa ,
it would be nice indeed to hear some interesting info about the different Haze phenos. Till shanti pops in for a proper reply to your Q regarding AfxHz , I can answer some things for you regarding Hazes from the stuff that has been posted already on the boards.
''Haze I guess is comprised of some columbian and Thai and something else. i cant recall right now.''
''I have one female showing purple calyxes, would this be considered a purple haze pheno? ''
''which phenos in the haze im seeing are which. What pheno is dominant in the haze male used in this cross?''
Yes Haze has Colombian and Thai like you mentioned , actually its mostly Thai/Colombian , and also has Mexican and Indian as well as. Regarding purple phenos , from what I know the mns Haze line doesn't really express purple color due to genetic predisposition , most probably because the green phenos where better and the purples were culled/not used for the breeding of the mns haze hybrids. Purple color to the plants can be due to cold/low temps in flowering but the true 'purple' varieties , go purple due to genetics irrespective to environmental factors.
As for the Haze male , AfghanHaze is basically a selected Afghan female crossed to the pure haze male 'C'. From the plants I 've seen that use solely the Haze'C' , being responsible for all their Haze expression , like AfHaze , ShitHaze , EQHaze and SSH , I can say with this male there is a fair expression of Colombian but lots of Thai , with the big droopy pencil thin bladed leaves..
I guess im curious as what part of the haze make-up is responsible for which expression I see. Like whats the differnce between the thai vs the columbian phenos in how they express themselves.
I know this maybe a complicated question and I appreciate any info you would feel free to divulge.
coincidently I was wondering about the very same thing few weeks ago , shanti mentioned that its more usual to find the fuel type scents in the S American sats (ie colombian) , while Thais (although not all) are more on the sweet/pineapple side.
Looking forward to Shanti's reply on the haze phenos regarding the AfHaze aroma descriptions . btw it would be nice if we could also hear few words about the mns pure Haze female, which if I remember correctly Shanti mentioned something about Mexican/Acapulco(?) Influence.
 
Last edited:
differnce between the thai vs the columbian

Hi all i always found south american lines to come on and be more intence in there high almost noid in there affect then leve were thias tend to be more a build up and dream trippy like in affect.

The afxhz is a very good haze hydrid i have her and she is very diffrent to say the shithaze wich is basicly shit (sk1) x haze.

I also found a few haveing fruiet like smells and some haveing not a fuel smell but more a haze smell meaning sativa like smell hard to put into wards.

The ones i loved were the fruiety sented wich yielded the best started out to be the most indica looking as a young plant and grew into the largest of the group.

I also had one that started to get purple swirls in the flowers in late flower also a very nice smoke.

The badass of the group was a very viney looking plant very squote in veg and had very sat expresive thin leaf very viney plant and so on yet in flower grew a into a large main colar with lower side branching that had a liter green to her sisters and had this silver resin look glow going on her affect was very south american like very intence lasted say 2 hours then leveled to a nice high.

The thing i really love about haze is its ability to blend mix into all it tuches what i mean by blend is this.

I have grown a lot of the mr nice haze hybrids the mangohaze / shithaze/nevileshaze/supersilverhaze/afxhz/eqxhz and all were similla yet very diffrent.

You find the haze blends in and basicly creats something unique if that makes sence it does not over power what it tuchs but more inhances the line its used in and combines yes.
 
Thank you very much L33t for taking the time to post that reply. Alot of info I was looking for.

Thanks for chiming in Hempy.

ok, so the more trippy phenos are the thai, while the columbian side is alot of energy and intensity. But it seems that aroma is tougher to nail down. How would you describe the anise type smells hempy...those a fruiuty smell for you or a fuely smell? The anise aroma plant that was all sativa that I smoked alrdy is very much on the tripping side of things.

So hempy, was the s.american pheno a fuirty type smelling version? Did yours stay sort of squat? I found a very short squat pheno with very thin bladed leaves and literally has me feeling like Im tripping. It had a very nice ghani stone at first, that after an hour bled into a full blown tripping sensation. Lasted a very long time overall and when I smoke too much, it puts me down. I took clones and am flowering out now, its even shorter and more squater, branching all over the place and hits like a freight train. So this must be a more thai expression on the haze side. Sounds like you found something similar but on the lumbo side.

Interesting what you say about haze hempy. I admit im not very haze educated, but what I noticed for the first time was how this hybrid produces the quality I want, and I didnt have to go thru 5 or 10 packs to find it. I even like the fact that its a straight cross and no further work, I like selecting phenos myself from my own selections. Mostly cause i dont select for anything commercial, its all in the high for me and its tough nowadays to find anything not selected for commercial qualities instead of pure potency and quality of high. Im finding I like the more unworked haze crosses much better than worked haze hybrids. Somewhere at sometime if its worked, it loses every quality which makes me wanna smoke it, but thats just from the work Ive grown out myself and experienced.Maybe Im just not going thru enuff stock....but Ive got phenos galore that I love from just 2 packs alrdy, loved it so much, got myself 2 more packs to go thru.

Once again...thanks both fo you guys for your insight...much appreciated.
 
differnce between the thai vs the columbian

Hi all i always found south american lines to come on and be more intence in there high almost noid in there affect then leve were thias tend to be more a build up and dream trippy like in affect.

The afxhz is a very good haze hydrid i have her and she is very diffrent to say the shithaze wich is basicly shit (sk1) x haze.

I also found a few haveing fruiet like smells and some haveing not a fuel smell but more a haze smell meaning sativa like smell hard to put into wards.

The ones i loved were the fruiety sented wich yielded the best started out to be the most indica looking as a young plant and grew into the largest of the group.

I also had one that started to get purple swirls in the flowers in late flower also a very nice smoke.

The badass of the group was a very viney looking plant very squote in veg and had very sat expresive thin leaf very viney plant and so on yet in flower grew a into a large main colar with lower side branching that had a liter green to her sisters and had this silver resin look glow going on her affect was very south american like very intence lasted say 2 hours then leveled to a nice high.

The thing i really love about haze is its ability to blend mix into all it tuches what i mean by blend is this.

I have grown a lot of the mr nice haze hybrids the mangohaze / shithaze/nevileshaze/supersilverhaze/afxhz/eqxhz and all were similla yet very diffrent.
Thats a very valid point hempy.
From the mns haze hybrids I had the chance to grow so far SSH , Mango , LN and Nevs I can definitelly say that the haze does make it through in all of the hybrids no matter what the rest of genes are in the makeup , I had at least one plant from all of the above that had very very similar smell taste and high as well , as if they were all from the same parents , very few differences (mostly plant structure wise ) but other than that , almost identical. These were the fuel smelling plants.

I would describe these fuel type scents to be similar to solvent vapors like the smell of liquid poly cement or alcohol/benzine vapours or maybe paint solvents . This also is associated with the camphor/menthol/metallic smell many describe Haze to have .

Loompa,

heres a nice chart I found yesterday that you might want to check, there you can see all the odors and how they connect .

89791512-blueberry-chart.jpg
 
Last edited:
Cool chart L33t, really interesting seeing how the different odours and flavours combine and interact with each other

peace
Herb
 
Flow. F-L-O-Dubya.

LOL @ 'mousy' and 'tutti fruitti'. :)

Would have LOVED to be part of the burn session that brought that chart to be!!! I'll have me some of this, some of that... hhhmmmm..... (exhales through mouth AND nose while smacking lips) Mousy. :D

Weed is a paradigm wrapped in an enigma. It smells like every/anything, but the best smelling weed makes it hard to ACCURATELY describe what the hell is going on, let alone what multitude of flavors are dancing on the palette. Mad props to the folks that can both nail what the weed tasted/smells like, and can relay that to the rest of us. :)
 
Would have LOVED to be part of the burn session that brought that chart to be!!! I'll have me some of this, some of that... hhhmmmm..... (exhales through mouth AND nose while smacking lips) Mousy. :D
That made me laugh man, Mousy!! haha
Weed is a paradigm wrapped in an enigma. It smells like every/anything, but the best smelling weed makes it hard to ACCURATELY describe what the hell is going on, let alone what multitude of flavors are dancing on the palette. Mad props to the folks that can both nail what the weed tasted/smells like, and can relay that to the rest of us. :)
you made a good point there, i've read from a few growers describing the aroma from the Uk Cheese in the jars as like Cherries, but it smells more like musky sour citrus fruits to me that burn your nose hairs when you put it in the jar, i've found some strains are really hard to place in the smell/aroma area, afgHzxAfgSk was difficult to start with, took a good few days of constant smoking to nail the aromas and taste, but the Skunk/Haze pheno of SSH was instantly recognisable dude - over ripe fruits that's been baking in the sun too long with a touch spiciness, a hint of menthol in the after taste, i almost cried when i smoked the last bud of that i swear:)

peace
Herb
 
Last edited:
SSH was instantly recognisable dude - over ripe fruits that's been baking in the sun too long with a touch spiciness, a hint of menthol in the after taste, i almost cried when i smoked the last bud of that i swear

I wonder why I grow anything else...:)
 
Ok, so Ive been harvesting several different AH plants Ive had going. One thing Ive noticed so far is that all the phenos Im seeing so far all range from trippy/psychedelic to intense calm, clear soaring highs. What Im not seeing so far are the speedy,energetic, heart thumping, sweaty palm phenos yet. Do I need to just keep looking cause they are there? BTW Ive alrdy decided on 2 plants to keep around that are stellar. Love the trippin herb....just cant smoke the stuff during the day...really lights me up. Ive also noticed none of the phenos Im seeing are paranoid inducing at all, they are very spacey/mellow..maybe alittle zing to them...but noting like feeling like your hearts going to explode or anything of that nature. Of course this could all just be due to my own growing skills easily. The more clear,intense phenos were all more fruitier smelling, with hints of fuelyness, and straight fuel smelling plants seem to be more intense, but more spatial disortion, way more spacey and kindof puts me in a fog.I havent harvested the more fermenting fruit type aroma, so I cant talk about that yet.

Its funny, cause all the females I got, all look pure sativa..dont even feel any indi in any of my plants except one. That one turned out to be special also, but in a more straight up..mess you up type high. Not a functional, daytime smoke that im also looking for.

So currently im running some of seedsmans columbo red haze, and Im noticing the hazy phenos seem to have more buzz to them than the AH. Where the AH is by far, leaning the trippy/psychedelic side of things for me. Im thinking maybe this has to do with the haze A male used in Nevilles haze?? As you can see, im looking for a nice non-burnout, very energetic, daytime electric high, that wont put me to sleep.

The one thing about indicas that Ive really gotten burned out lately on, is the way they make me feel so physically exhausted when coming down. The last year Ive been re-educating myself on herb and find the soaring sativa no-burnout highs to be magestic, and oh so lovely coming down. So im not looking for anything with indi qualities. Got a bunch of burnout indis alrdy. and my medical needs are fulfilled. Now im looking for some different herbs, Thats why Im trying to figure out where the plants with the effects I want are located.
 
Hi Lompa,

Your plant looks very healthy :)

Btw, thanks for the report. I’m glad you were able to find keepers inside the hybrid…. though that’s just natural. Consequences of stellar breeding work ;)
 
I'll say this in general about Colombians and Thais - Thais are usually sweet, fruity, citric whereas I've never had anything remotelt sweet from a Colombian, they are spicy, earthy, woodsy, musky, incense, nutty.

Hi british hempire

I remember chatting with shanti about sativa aromas and he mentioned that Thais can have sweet pineapple aromas while fuel type scents are more common with South American strains.

l33t
 
I'd say any sweet phenos of AfHz will be Thai, never had a sweet mexican or Colombian.
the afghan in the afghanhaze, is sweet too,
it comes in maple,chocolate and mint...
she tastes like a pillow candy in a 4 star hotel suite
...LOL :D
 
Lots of great info :)

From the mns haze hybrids I had the chance to grow so far SSH , Mango , LN and Nevs

If you find this and have time :o
Which would you say has the most Thai represented?
Im looking for a nice energetic lemony or pineapple pheno


L33t said:
As for the Haze male , AfghanHaze is basically a selected Afghan female crossed to the pure haze male 'C'. From the plants I 've seen that use solely the Haze'C' , being responsible for all their Haze expression , like AfHaze , ShitHaze , EQHaze and SSH , I can say with this male there is a fair expression of Colombian but lots of Thai , with the big droopy pencil thin bladed leaves..

Great info to know, thanks!
 
hi HighBreed

Well from the MNS lines NH has the most Thai blood. Now as we know the expression of the genes is a different thing and it all has to do with how the plants were bred , so you could get a more ,say Thai leaning plant, from a strain with less Thai gene percentage compared to a strain with more Thai on paper. Having said that I 'd say if you're into 15-18weekers get NH , I believe there is a high chance that you 'll find a plant to fit your description. NevillesMango is another good candidate , its a bit more practical.
 
lemon

Hi Breed, seconding l33t. The best phenos on the mango imo are the more citric/lemony phenos, rather than the out and out mango ones. I got a couple of exceptional 14-16 weekers that had the lemon, but also sour with a hint of vanilla in one. Quite Thai i think. The best was a 22 weeker with a citric lemon taste and a very good all round sativa high. Not really speedy though. I havent found any properly energetic hazes yet. I havent grown it but the nevs/mango should throw up quite a few contenders. You may get more intense flavours than with the pure nevs. Could try both.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!
Just picked up some Nevs Haze from BBay.
Its good to know these will be what Im looking for!
As soon as I start those Ill be putting up a thread.
 
Back
Top