AF4 x SK...The soul survivor

Right then,
It`s been a long time since I`ve updated this diary and I`m sorry for that but the last couple of months of my life have seen a death, a birth and a serious accident involving my girlfriends mother so I sent myself on holiday last week and I`m now back and fully charged.

I`ve been keeping info on the grow so I`ll post it as it occured...

September 2nd
Well things are now finally starting to happen with this grow after what seems like forever and a day.
30 Af4 x Sk cutts have been taken this evening along with some Critical Mass and Sensi Star for a mate. Once rooted the best two will become bonsai mums and then I`ll pick a further 18 which will be vegged for a week or two before they get moved into the flowering room.

I`ve also popped 5 AfH2 x AS beans and 2 White Widow beans, those along with my Critical Mass and Sensi Star mothers should keep me busy for the next 12 months or so!

Back to the cuttings, the rockwool plugs were soaked for about 4hrs in a weak nute solution using Canna Substra A&B at 0.75ml/l and Rhizotonic at 4ml/l. Ec is 0.6 and ph 5.7. They were then given a foliar spray with Rhizotonic at 4ml/l (the only foliar feed they`ll get until they root )

Here`s a few pics of the plant before she got butchered and a few of the cuttings.

420_002.jpg420_009.jpg420_006.jpg420_007.jpg


Now sitting under 2 x 55w compact flouros next to my mothers in my veg room, the sheets of paper are to diffuse the light for the first 3 days or so. Since I`ve done this I`ve knocked a couple of days off my rooting times and get no wilt whatsoever. Three to four weeks should see these babies entering the flower room.

September 18th
All the clones shown roots by day 10 and by day 14 (last Sunday) the Af4 x As cuttings were transplanted into 3" rockwool cubes and placed under 2 x 125 blue enviro`s on 20/4 along with some of the Af2 x As seedlings.
The plan is give them another day or two under the enviro`s until roots start to show from the bottom of the cubes and then put them onto the rockwool slabs and whack `em under the 400MH which is itching to be fired up where they`ll stay for 7 - 10 days before being moved into my flowering room.

Here`s a few pics taken on Sunday,

420_4113.jpgDSC06260.jpgDSC06264.jpg


The 3"cubes were soaked for 6hrs in a in 25ltrs of water with Canna Substra Vega at 0.6 ec and Rhizotonic at 4ml/l, the ph was adjusted to 5.7.
Temps in the veg room are 24 degrees lights on and 18 degrees lights out with humidity at 42% and all the cuttings are looking quite happy with the way things are.

Af4 x Sk, bring it on :) .

September 22nd
The cuttings have been transplanted onto the rockwool slabs today and placed under a 400w Mh for the next week.
The slabs were presoaked in a solution with Rhizotonic at 4ml/l and Canna Substra Vega at 0.7 ec, ph was adjusted to 5.6.

Here`s a couple of pics,

420_4144.jpg420_4154.jpg

October 3rd
The cuttings have been on the rockwool slabs under a 400w Mh for 11 days now. I left them under the care of a friend last week when I went away and the only problem there was when I got back was that they were seriously overwatered which had stunted their growth a little but the seem to be back on track now.

I`ve bought a couple of 600w Lumitek digital ballasts from my local hydro store and I`m waiting for a couple of mini grostar reflectors which should be here early next week, possibly this friday at the earliest, which I hope is the case because I was planning to put them into the flower room this weekend. And I`ve also bought some diamond reflective sheeting to replace the mylar I have in the flower room as it`s getting a bit tatty now to say the least.

Here`s a few pics of the clones along with a few seedlings in coco,

420_4159.jpg420_4158.jpg420_4156.jpg

Temps in the room are 27 degrees lights on and 20 degrees lights out with humidity at around 35%. The solution their being fed at the moment is 0.7ec and ph 5.6.

The reflectors I`ve ordered are not made from myro as the normal grostar is, and their dimpled but at 30" wide they`ll fit into my space perfectly as it`s 32" wide and they`ve got to be an improvement on the reflectors I`ve been using since I started growing about 11 years ago, which as it happens I never peeled the plastic coating off and do look a bit of a mess to say the least!

Today!!!
Well the diamond reflective sheeting is up, the mini Grostars are fitted and the 2 x 600w Digital ballasts are fired up, and we`ve switched to 12/12, lets rock `n` roll folks!

It`s been a busy weekend getting things sorted in the growroom but it all went smoothly for a change and the flower room has had a bit of a makeover and looks so much better for it.
And as of last night the plants have been switched to 12/12 at about 10-12 inches tall.The diamond sheeting went up a piece of piss, nothing like the mylar I had before which was a bit of a ball ache and I still never managed to de-crease the stuff but this stuff is much sturdier. And the lights I just love, at 30" wide the mini Grostar is the perfect size for my room, the two of them fit inside like a hand in a glove, and I just think they look really cool. The thing I didn`t think of though is the depth of the reflectors, I`ve lost almost a foot of headroom with them! So I`m looking at buying a low level res and rebuilding the framework so I can get that foot back.

Anyway, back to the plants...
The cuttings are now well rooted into the slabs and were put into the flower room last night. I`ve being reading more into dripper times as I`m yet to get things right in that department and I`m going for less volume and more feeds, one minute every hour during lights on up until an hour before they go out.

Here`s some pics,

DSC06922.jpgDSC06920.jpgDSC06927.jpg


The res they`re being fed from contains 100ltrs with the following...
Canna Substra Vega @ 2.5ml/l
Rhizotonic @ 0.5 ml/l
Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
Dutch Masters Max Flower @ 1ml/l

Ec is 1.4 and ph is 5.6. Temps lights on are 27 degrees and 20 degrees lights out with humidity at 40%.
So all is good at the moment, let`s hope it stays this way!

So now we`re up to date! Here`s a little info on my flower room. The dimensions are 8ft long, just under 3ft wide (34 inches) and 8ft high. Using 2x600w digital lights with mini Grostar reflectors. Extraction is a TD800 with a TD350 for intake and 2 x oscillating fans for air movement. The room is good for anything between 35-50 oz strain dependant ;).#

Sorry again for the very late update, they`ll be once or twice weekly from here on in.

Burnage
 
It may have been a while, but boy that was worth the wait. What a post.

Beautiful room and really really beatiful plants.

Well done man!!!
 
^^^^^Bravo burnage,

Hope it turns out very special for ya,looks like their in very capable hands,excellent room,very neat sir.

Stay safe,peace.
 
hola

nice bro lookin fine fine ther.. I have some test beans flowering 3 weeks soon and they are very stretche big time lol..
CM love that plant I hop that I can grow Cm in the future..

saludos true
 
Hi theherbalizor,
Thanks a lot pal ;) , glad you like `em.

Hey redeye24/7,
Cheers mate, my hands may be capable but they`re also very clumsy at times! I`m hoping they`re something special myself, and knowing who sent them greatly increases the chances of them being so. But it is a test grow after all so I guess anything could happen really. Fingers crossed eh :D

Hi True,
Good luck with your own test grow, I hope these don`t go mental with the stretch as the new reflectors have knocked a foot off of my available headroom, coupled with the res and framework underneath I can only let the plants grow to just over 3ft before HST (high stress training) comes into play. I`m looking at buying a low level res and lowering the framework to get the foot back but it will be for the next grow now. Saying that though I`d never dabbled in HST until my last grow where I had 3 Power Plant that went mental and went over 5ft so I snapped the main stem about 2ft down from the top at a 90 degree angle and they went on to be the heaviest producing plants I`ve ever grown, producing just over 10 oz between them!

Cheers all,

Not much to report regarding the grow,
I`m still buzzing at how my flower room looks at the moment, space age! The dripper times of a minute each hour of lights on seems to be working well at the moment, but I know they`re going to get much thirstier as the weeks go by so adjustments are inevitable me thinks.

Here`s a few pics taken yesterday 2 days 12/12,

00000-001.jpg00000-003.jpg00000-006.jpg

Temps are 27 degrees lights on and 21 degrees lights out with humidity at 41%.

Burnage
 
hi Burnage,
your plants are looking really good, a picture of health, its a beautiful sight seeing all the plants together like that, loving the look of your new reflectors as well, i've been looking to upgrade my own reflector as its just the basic 1 you get with the light and Ballast, i may keep an eye out for the same kind, peace, Herb
 
Hi herb,
Thanks for the kind words pal. I asked my local growshop to order the reflectors in for me and I`m chuffed to bits with them. They`re Mini Grostars at 30" wide but the mini`s are dimpled (not that it matters too much to me) but the original Grostar is a flat surface and made from Myro which reflects 95%+ of all light and if you have the space I`d recommend one of those, they`re 42" wide if memory serves me right.

Happy growing matey,
Burnage
 
Now 4 days 12/12,
The plants are bushing out nicely now, but I`ve got to say stretch is really quite minimal so far, still time yet though I guess and they are looking a picture of health at the moment.

Here`s a few pics,

00000-008.jpg00000-009.jpg00000-007.jpg

Ph is 5.9 and ec is currently 1.2. temps are 28 degrees lights on and 21 degrees lights out with humidity at 48%.
I think they look really well at the moment but it is a test grow after all so I guess anything could happen really, but knowing they`re from a reputable breeder is reassuring so fingers crossed.

Burnage
 
Now 6 days 12/12,
Res change is later today and I`ll post a full update with pics later (once the camera batteries are charged).
One thing that`s bothering me is the elongation, or lack of it! Over the 6 days they`ve been in flower they`ve stretched a total of about 3 inches! I induced flower at 10-12 inches and the tallest in now just 15 inches, unfortunately there are no other test grows to compare to either.

And I know it`s not environmental as all factors are exactly the same as previous grows which all stretched to 3-4 ft from 12 inches. But they`re looking a picture of health so I guess I`ll just have to veg them for much longer next time. I know there`s still 7-10 days left for them to stretch a bit more but I don`t think I`m going to end up with the 3-4ft plants that I`d hoped for.

Full update to follow later today,
Burnage
 
Now 10 days 12/12,
Sorry for the late update but I`ve been ill as feck all week but I`m on the mend now, I think...The res was changed on Monday, 100 ltrs with the following:
Canna Substra Vega @ 3ml/l
Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
Dutch Masters Max Flower @ 1ml/l

Ec was 1.6 (now dropped to 1.4) and ph is 5.8. Daytime temps are 26 degrees and 19 degrees lights out with humidity at around 45%.

Here`s a few of todays pics,

00000-001.jpg00000-019.jpg00000-020.jpg

The smallest plant measures in at just 12" with the tallest measuring just under 18", I`m so not used to having such small plants at this stage! Half my growroom has normally been swallowed up by now but they seem healthy enough to me. They`re extremely stocky and compact plants and very sturdy. And the leaves are the thickest i`ve come across that I can remember, they almost feel fake they`re that thick.

Anyway with them being small I`ve halved the amount of feeds they`re getting for now, the drippers are now on for 1 min every 2 hours of the light cycle up until 2 hours before lights out. This has been done as of this morning because I thought the slabs were a tad heavy just before the lights came on but I may end up feeding them every hour again yet, I`ll just have to wait and see how much run off I get as things are at the moment, I`ll know in a couple of days.

Burns
 
hola tio love your the work your are doing bro.. I have one question how mutch do this Cm give you after curing proces? very lovely plants looks very compakt nice plants bro.. keep it green true
 
Hey True,
It`s Af4 x Sk mate, not CM and it`s my first grow with these genetics so I can`t really tell you anything regarding after curing but I will when the time comes bro.
Thanks for the kind words ;).

Update time, 2 weeks 12/12,
Well I think the plants have finally finished stretching! The smallest is 12 inches tall with the tallest being 18 inches tall, looks like I`ve got my hands full with these ladies!
The res was changed this afternoon, 100ltrs with the following:

Canna Substra Flores @ 3.5ml/l
Canna Boost Accelerator @ 4ml/l
Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
Dutch Masters Max Flower @ 1ml/l

I`ve gone with a slightly stronger feed than normal just to see if I can maximize what I`ve got and they look really healthy so I want to see exactly what they can take. Ec is 1.8 and ph is 5.5 at present. Daytime temps are 26 degrees and 17 degrees lights out with humidity floating around 45%.

Here`s a few of todays pics,

00000-001.jpg00000-023.jpg00000-030.jpg

These are by far the smallest plants I`ve ever had in flower by a long shot, but they`re well formed and looking good. And bud development is quite advanced for 14 days. I think they`re just going to end up being one huge bud per plant looking at them!

All in the name of science eh.
Burnage
 
Thanks a lot True and herb ;).

Quick update, 17 days 12/12.
Not much to report really, everything is ticking over just fine at the moment. The bud sites are developing well and the plants are looking well enough.

Here`s a few pics from today,

00000-030.jpg00000-035.jpg00000-038.jpg

Ec is 1.5 and ph is 5.7. Temps are 25 degrees lights on and 17 degrees lights out with humidity at 51%
That`s about it really.

Burnage
 
Wow, loving the show. Looking spectacular.

Looks like youll have some fat ass colas there. Really look like she likes to pack on weight.

Thanks
 
Hi thehebalizor,
Thanks a lot pal. Let`s hope so eh!

Quick pictorial update at 20 days 12/12,
I`ll post a full update sometime tomorrow when I change the res.

00000-039.jpgDSC07041.jpgDSC07042.jpgDSC07043.jpg


Burnage
 
Update time, 22 days 12/12.
The res was changed today, 100ltrs with the following:
Canna Substra Flores @ 3.25ml/l
Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
Dutch Master Max Flower @ 1ml/l
Canna Boost Accelerator @ 4ml/l

Ec is 1.6 and ph is 5.5, daytime temps are 26 degrees and 19 degrees lights out with humidity at 54%.

Here`s a few pics,

DSC07045.jpgDSC07046.jpgDSC07047.jpgDSC07048.jpg

The buds are developing really well and the trichs starting to form now and the smell from them when brushed is very nice to say the least. I`m just wondering how long this strain will go to be honest. I`m guessing about 8 weeks the way they`re going.

No dramas or problems to report, which is only a good thing! Everything is ticking over just fine.

Burnage
 
Hi Burnage,
the garden is looking great friend, they look to be budding up real fast, it's gonna look beautiful when they're in full flower.
How is the aroma from them?, peace, Herb
 
Hey herb,
Cheers pal. The only way I can describe the aroma at this stage is spicey, very spicey! They smell absolutely delicious and I can`t wait until they`re cured and in my jars!

Update time 29 days 12/12,
The buds are fattening up nicely now and are getting quite hard, always a good sign. The res was changed today and is as follows:
100 ltrs containing,

3ml/l Canna Substra Flores
3ml/l Canna Boost Accelerator
2.5ml/l Cannazym
1ml/l Dutch Masters Max Flower
1.5 ml/l Pk 13/14

Ec is 1.8 (bit high I know but it`s the first time I`ve had a stable res at this stage so they must be liking it) and ph has been adjusted to 5.7.
Daytime temps are 24 degrees lights on and 18 degrees lights out with humidity around 45%.

On with the pics,

DSC07115.jpgDSC07120.jpgDSC07114.jpgDSC07118.jpg

They`re not looking too bad considering they`re only about 15-16 inches tall! And I reckon they`re going to be crystal coated to say the least, the resin on them is amazing considering how old they are.

Burnage
 
Back
Top