Af2XAS testing, testing; 1,2,3,4.20

drgthumb

New member
Hi to everyone at MNS, I was lucky enough to receive some test seeds from Shanti.

So, here is the diary.

A little background; I'm a hobby grower and have been enjoying the fruits of my labour for the last 6 or 7 years and have grown a number of strains in that time in 5 different grow spaces.

Currently this is the clone/seedling space;

P7280013.JPG (NB These are not the test plants they are Hashberry and White widow that are currently flowering.)

A small cupboard with a 125w blue envirolight and a passive intake with a 6" Rvk extraction fan which in turn acts as the intake for the flowering space. :)
 
Last edited:
The flowering space is the cupboard below, it was not quite finished in these pics, just the carbon filter and fan to add and a few tweaks. :rolleyes:

Room5.JPG Room6.JPG Room7.JPG

600W Hps in a 8" cooltube, extracted through a 8" rvk and a phat carbon filter.
 
Right thats the set up now on to the interesting stuff, first off, the seeds.

I decided to germ 7 out of the 21 to start with. These went into water to soak on the 20th of August, to keep thing simple this is day one.

200807.JPG

Not a very interesting photo I know, but I took it so i'll post it :D
 
Four out of seven cracked the very next day with a fifth the next day.

I put these five seeds into jiffy pellets and into the veg space in a propagator.

Two days later and they were all up and showing the first leaves.

I took this picture at day 13. 010907.JPG
 
As promised here's some I took yesterday just before watering, which is why they look a little thirsty.

This is at 3 weeks old.

P9160152.JPG

:)
 
Just over 3 weeks old now, looking in need of a feed and a repot but as these are just for sexing and then cloning I think I'll just feed for now.

They are a little tall for my clone space and have not yet shown sex, still on 18/6 at the moment. I have topped them to keep them low and hopefully give me more side shoots for cuttings.

Before

P9260167.JPG


After

P9260170.JPG


:)
 
Hi drgthumbuk420,
just thought i,de drop in and wish you good luck with your plants & grow,and as Red already said,hope you know they're gender pretty soon.Goodluck dr and hope all goes well for you.Take care.Hashish
 
Wow its been a long time since I updated this diary, sorry folks :rolleyes:

Been busy(too stoned) with a Belladonna and a White Widow crop.

Any way's out of the seeds that I had planted I ended up with only 1 definite female, she was grown out until happy and big enough to give me some cuttings.

I did have some more pics of various stages but due to Microsucks vista and a few reinstalls I have lost them......there on here somewhere but I can't find the damn things :confused:

The current state of play is I have 5 clones of the the 100% female Af2XAS in veg waiting till the new year when they will go into the flower room.

Looking at some of the other test grows I am really looking forward to it now, however the pheno that I have seems mainly sativa so I hope I can cope with the height. :)

Will post up some pics later.

Peace.

DrG
 
Hi Dr greenthumb,
you could have 1 of the phenos im growing possibly, quite a tall girl, grew to around 5 feet 8inches - 6 feet tall, trained her before the end of stretch which took around a foot off her height, the aroma is a strong lime/lemon hazey smell, truely amazing smell, 10 weeks 3 days today and i think she'll possibly finish 12-14 weeks overall, peace, herb
 
Cheers for dropping in herb, don't really mind which pheno I end up with but 6' sounds like a challenge :rolleyes:

A couple of pics of the 5 clones, I grew their mother out until she showed pre flowers, which took age and ages. Probably about 10 weeks in all. She had to go because I simply don't have the height in my veg/clone space.

PC030279.JPG PC030278.JPG

They are not very healthy at the moment as they have only just rooted through the 3" cubes and I can not feed them properly for at least another week or they will out grow the veg space before the flower space is free.

Another week or two with weak feed and then I'll get them growing again ready to go onto 12/12, around about new years.
 
Hi All

got a feeling these test seeds were Af/Hz x Af/sk since I do not recall any test seed with Af2 x AS. I will check but i am pretty sure.Just to clarify things.All the best Sb
 
Hi All

got a feeling these test seeds were Af/Hz x Af/sk since I do not recall any test seed with Af2 x AS. I will check but i am pretty sure.Just to clarify things.All the best Sb

Your right of course Shantibaba, just rechecked my paper diary and they were in fact labelled as AfHz X AS.

ps any chance of correcting the thread title for me pls as I don't seem to be able to do so. :o
 
Last edited:
indeed they dont look healthy.. I would lay off the water and leave em in the dark for a few days so they go hunting for light.. have a sensi star at the moment who would not grow till I laid off all food and light for a few days and she started perking up..
 
Thanks for the advice Cytrax, but at that point in time I needed little growth so they were in this condition to allow me to finish up in the flower room.

Jump forward to day before yesterday and the 5 clones have become 4 been topped and trimmed a little and are now ready to go into flower :)

P1060389.JPG
 
I generally keep mothers and take cuttings 2 weeks before they are needed, so they are rooted and have time to root and have a few days veg then straight into flower.

Sometimes I get the timing wrong and because of this I discovered a good way of preserving plants in rock wool cubes without them growing too much ;)

I put them into 3" square pots 1/3 filled with perlite. (sp?) They then have a good soak and are left till nearly bone dry till being resoaked (you can tell by the weight)

By doing this it allows the roots to grow and stay healthy whilst effectively making the plant 'rootbound' so you get very little top growth.

This was done to these four babies and they now have a wonderful root system to be put straight onto the spreader mat of the nft table. (the perlite can simply be massaged away gently by hand.)

I have done this a fair few times now and does seem to gve the plants a real head start. :D

Image00025.jpg Image00028.jpg Image00026.jpg
 
A couple of pics from 7th Jan getting them ready to go in the system

P1060391.JPG Just waiting as the water circulates a bit.


P1060399.JPG Spreader mat in cover on :)

Set the EC to 1.2 on Vita link grow straight on 12/12.
 
Last edited:
Here they are today 10th Jan, I have raised the EC to 1.4 and they are loving it, reaching up and growing fast.

nb I have a back round EC of around 0.3

I will be updating more often now, I have on the same tray at the back 4 White Widow and as we know the 4 testers at the front.

I will be considering the 7th as being day 1 flowering. At the moment they are around 8 - 12 inches tall, all showing pre-flowers.
P1100417.JPG P1100419.JPG P1100418.JPG

:cool:
 
Back
Top