80s Nl5xHz

ok thanks for plugging swami gear on Mr Nice forum

and for the record theres at least two swamis, the older fellow wearing a knit rug, and the pseudo shaman nutter both claim to work with all the pre pre gems

C5 is not (late) 80s-90s Northern Lights Haze? many different clones floating around of 5Hz, arguably more different plants than of any variety from seed... splitting hairs?

BOEL blablabla... good luck with those stories. and there are other smugglers from that era who are still highly regarded today... hint hint

Swami Organic Seeds aint the guy with the Swami get up. Thats Swami Select.

The old heirloom strains come straight from an old BOEL member, and have been preserved since the 1970s.

BOEL isnt a story. Books, and movies have been written about them. Boel was first organized in 1965. Im betting few people have roots in drug smuggling that go back that far, especially on the scale they were doing it on. They even have a BOEL festival every year in San Francisco.

Swami Organic Seed is the embodiment of “pura vida” in organically produced cannabis seed. Utilizing the Living Organic Soil methodology we helped establish in cannabis gardening along with Brotherhood of Eternal Love genetics we were gifted by a former BOEL member/associate, we breed for various outcomes in cannabis.

Preservation of Heirloom Cannabis Genetics

Preservation and future development of these heirloom and BOEL genetics are among the priorities we take as a responsibility to cannabis.

Mr Greengenes who is the originator of 70s Maui Wowie IBL, also known as Cherry Bomb was also a BOEL member, and supplies SOS with his original BOEL Maui Wowie genetics. Swami is the only authorized holder of his original genetics.

Also Im not trying to sell anyones genetics. I at first just brought it to attention Swami had Nevils original 80s NL5 x Haze, which I believe was also a LTD Release. Then someone made an of comment, and then I just tried to explain who the Swami guy is, and that these people have been dealing with growing marijuana since the 60s, plus smuggling it from all over the world, and were also the Originators of the line of LSD known as California Orange Sunshine. And that also one of their member was the first Underground Chemist to synthesize DMT, and also supplied Timothy Leary with LSD, as well as Grateful Dead in the 60s, ad some of their chemists, and Stanley Owsley were in the LSD business together, and were the main manufacturers of LSD, STP, and DMT in the 60s-70s.

This organizaton isnt a story, or a myth, and many of them are still alive today, and breeding genetics that they/BOEL had in the 60s-70s. Their Peace Corp Panama Red clone is from 1976. Probably one if the oldest clones alive. The clone the call The One, and Blue Orca is a mix of BOEL 1971 Kandahar Female x Male BOEL 1976 Thai that both strains of seeds were stored until it was bred in the early 80s. That clone has been asround since 81-82, and were bred by a guy nicknames Clackamas COOT who was also a BOEL Associate, and was one of the originators of The Organic Living Soil concept of soil growing. Coots real name is Jim Bennett, and has all kinds of Youtube videos talking about living soil, and soil chemistry. Dude is a genius when it comes to soil chemistry. Hes in his mid-late 70s. He will even give you a clone of The One, or Blue Orca if you visit him at his place in Oregon.

And Swami also has a huge place either in Oregon, or California. Cant remember which. But hes got a huge place where he grows weed. I think its Northern California in the mountains. I know its in the middle of nowhere, and he can only make it into town to send seeds once a week. His plants are all grown at higher altitude.

But I dont care if anyone buys his seeds, or not, and I myself have grown plenty of Mr Nice strains, and have a Super Silver haze clone that over 10 years old, and also a Critical Mass thats 10 years old. And a Shit cut that 6 years old. I F2d 2 full packs of SSH, and Critical Mass, and went through more than 100 females to pick my keepers of each strain. It took a year to do it. I also F2d 2 packs of the Shit and went through 100 females to find my keeper. We also have 2 killer Males of the SSH that we went through 100 males to find. So it aint like I havent spent some years growing out Mr Nice strains.
Ive also seen alot of weed, considering Ive been smoking since 1967. My older sisters boyfriend started getting my high when I was 8 years old, he was 14 and also turned me on the Hendrix. I did my first LSD in 1970. When I was 11. Almost 12. Ive also seen and done alot of really good LSD, and did STP one time, and was the only time I ever saw it. That was in 71. I grew my first plants in 1972, in the hills of eastern, Ky. I had the largest INDOOR marijuana cultivation bust in Eastern Kentucky ever 1997. I had 1200 clones. Its still the largest indoor operation bust I believe. I had 25, 5 foot tall mother plants. All the same strain. Not outdoors now. INDOORS. I had given 500 clones to my partner, and he got busted, and ratted on me, and I got charged with making all of them. I did 7 years in Federal Prison, and 5 years Supervised Release. from 1997-2009. I pled guilty to a 10-LIFE Mandatory Minimum, and 5 Million Dollar fine, which was waived. The ratting partner got off scott free. I was 39, and he was 70. He was going t put his outside on his farm in south central Ky. 150 miles away.

I only grew one strain from 1992-2007. It was the best stuff I had seen since the early 70s. If I could get it back, Id throw all my other stuff away. I didnt need variety when I had this stuff.

It was a early 90s Sensi Seeds NL5 x Haze Female x Nevils Hashplant x Skunk#1 Male. Ive still not found anything to beat it to this day. Ive got an Original Chem91skva cut, and its not as potent. Its really really good weed, but isnt as potnt.

Ive seen people lose their bowels on it, because it would drive your blood sugar into the ground, and leave many people sick, paranoid, and anxiety stricken for hours on end. It was unsafe to drive, and smoke. If you tried to hold a hit in, it could make you lose your vision for 5 or more seconds. Not to mention it was complete lung buster, and I dont care who you were, if you tried to hold a good size hit in, you would cough your brains out, and have snot coming out your nose, and would completely tear up your lungs. One buddt got so sick on it, he shit all over himself, and threw up for a good3 hours. His exgirlfriend is still mad at me to this day because she swears I put PCP in it. She says weed doesnt get that strong. But it can. But like I said. Ive not seen anything like it since I lost it to the Feds in 97, and I hadnt seen anyhting like since at least 1973. Only thing I can compare it to was Vietnam Black my friends brother brought back from Nam in 1972, and some Sinsemilla Santa Marta Columbian in 72. 72 was the first time I ever saw seedless. And the only weed that ever gave me auditory hallucinations was a 1973 Oaxacan. That shit was pure evil. It would make your heart race, and made you hear things. It really fucked with your hearing. It would make your eyes bleed, and when you came down, you felt drunk. You could be high for 4 hours, go to sleep for 2 hours, and wake up like you were drunk. It had a super heavy crash, and would make you eat everything in the refrigerator. Half of a 1 gram joint would fry you for 5-6 hours.

The NL5/Haze s Hashplant/Sk1 tasted like the best Nepali Temple balls. It was more potent than most hash, and the hash you could get from just off the scissors from trimming buds, was the best I ever smoked. Including Nepali Temple Balls, Blond/Red Lebanese, and Black Afghan Hash. We got hash straight off the plane in 84 that Ollie North was smuggling in to Bluiegrass airport in Lexington Ky. It had gold stamping. On one side it said Kabul Afghanistan, and on the other side it said support the freedom fighters. I was 20 a gram in 84, and wasnt nearly as good as the weed was in 1992-97.. And it was really potent hash. At that time it was the best stuff Id seen since the 70s. But nobody got sick on it, and nobody claimed it had drugs like PCP in it. I was getting $4800 and Lb for that weed from 92-1997. and people couldnt come back fast enough to get more. It was $400 an oz. And people were begging to get it.

Thing about this weed was too, is that it was ripe in no more than 49 days, but outside, it wasnt done until the 1st week of November. It must have taken is fast ripening inside from the Hashplant/Sk1 male, and outside it must have inherite the late gene from the Haze. It ws just late to react to the lessening of the lenght of days. But once it started it was fast to finish. It just took it until September to realize the length of day was getting shorter. But going from 24 hours of light to 12, it thought it was christmas, and quickly finished.

Last edited:
Hes not the only breeder. These people have been breeding weed since the late 60s- early 70s. Many of the old strains Swami has, come from stock smuggled in by the Brotherhood of Eternal Love from the late 60s-late 70s. BOEL were the main suppliers of marijuana smuggled into the USA in the 60s- 70s.. They are also the originators of the LSD/Orange Sunshine. Look up Nick Sands. He was also the first underground chemist to synthisize DMT. He was an original member of BOEL. They have a BOEL festival ever year in San Francisco.
BOEL ere also known as the Hippy Mafia. They were friends with Ken Kesey. Stanley Owsley. Grateful Dead. The HOG Farm. Timothy Leary, and many others.

The guy at SOS is also friends with many of the remaining alive BOEL members. I also wouldnt doubt that the original Sacred Seeds got many their genetics from BOEL. They were also associated with the Hog Farm, and Grateful Dead. And its for sure Sacred Seeds werent smuggling in nearly the amounts of weed BOEL was.

The Brotherhood of Eternal Love was an organization of drug users and distributors that operated from the mid-1960s through the late 1970s in Orange County, California.[3] They were dubbed the Hippie Mafia by the police.[4] They produced and distributed drugs in hopes of starting a "psychedelic revolution" in the United States.

One guy known as the surfboard guy, Mike Hynson was in Jimi Hendrix movie. Rainbow Bridge. He had brought a surfboard from his shop in southern California, where he made surfboards, and it was loaed with Afghani Hash. They showed him cut open the board, and pull out all kinds of hash. He had also been detained at the airport before flight because the cops though he had something but they could never find it. It shows them smoking the hash on film.
Mike was a well known maker of surfboards with psychedelic paint jobs, and an original member of BOEL.

Many of the genetics Swami has are irect genetics from BOEL that were smuggled in from the 70s, and have been maintained or a generation. Many of the guys from BOEL are still alive, and Ive become internet friends with Mike Hynson. One guy from BOEL was on the rn from 1972-015, where he turned himself in, and they ended up not doing anything to him.

There was also a movie made about BOEL. You can think what you wish, its a free country. But the facts are that many of these old genetics are originals form the early 70s-late 70s. Ive grown many of their strains, and while there is variation in some of it. Some of it is stupid strong, and alot of it is extremely long flowering. They also do some breeding with new stains, but the old stuff is the real deal.

Swami got his cuts of The ONE, and Blue Orca from Clackamas Coot. These are hybrids on 1971 Kandahar x 71 Thai. The ONE is more Sativa Dominant, and Blue Orca is Indica dominant. COOT will even give anyone a cu that comes to his place in Oregon, if he has any available. He doesnt charge for cuts. COOT is the originator of both cuts. They have been alive since the early 80s.
He also has a Living Soil Recipe. BuildaSoil. COOT is around 80.

It also wouldnt surprise me that the genetics for Original Haze originated with BOEL.

John Griggs - Brotherhood of Eternal Love, History
View attachment 65024
belhistory.weebly.com/john-griggs.html

View attachment 65023
I m still not amazed from this stories at all. They might have some good genetics (might have ), but Im still not sure about their intentions and ethics.To much drugs take you to the other side sometimes and you cant find the way back easy.

Me personally find it silly all this guru spiritual drug dealing staff and seems you try advertise this dudes so desperately.

-SaveTheBrains

It'd be nice to see your MNS SSH, CM, Shit keepers. What was your selection criteria for keeping them? Got some pics to share? Pls include pics of the killer SSH males also. What criteria did you use to select these males? Was the "80s NL5/Haze at F6" also a keeper? Do you have pics of this plant?

mu

I m still not amazed from this stories at all. They might have some good genetics (might have ), but Im still not sure about their intentions and ethics.To much drugs take you to the other side sometimes and you cant find the way back easy.

Me personally find it silly all this guru spiritual drug dealing staff and seems you try advertise this dudes so desperately.

-SaveTheBrains
Im not trying to advertise anything. And Im far from desperate about anythhing. I dont care if anyone buys their stuff or not. I just know thy do have some really good, rare genetics. thats it.

Im also very enthused with Dominion Seed Company gear, though the guy got into trouble with the feds 2 years ago, and is trying to make a comeback. Hes also got the Skelly Hashplant, which came from Nevils hashplant, and is clone only and was found in 1989. Hes got it crossed with Skunk 1 from the 80s. He uses this as his male on many of his strains, and it pure fire, and is some of the best stuff Ive seen in years.

Ive got 2 mother plants of his Local Skunk. Which is a Sour Diesel clone only cut x Cuddlefish Hashplant x Sour Diesel IBL Male x Skelly/Skunk1. Cuddlefish hashplant is the sister to Skelly hashplant. Both come from Nevils hashplant. 1 mother plant of his Granny Skunk, which is VA Afghani x Skelly/Sk1. Dominion Skunk Which is Chem91 skva x Sk1 x Skelly/Sk1. His Sk1 is also from the 80s. It comes from the Super Sativa Seed club, and is also known as M9

Im also big on Crickets, and Cicada gear. Bob Hemphill has recreated and even intensified Nevils hashplant. It took 5 years of breeding. He also uses the same genetics as Nevil used to create his hashplant. And he also used Skelly Hashplant which is a pheon found in Nevils hashplant. Its also known as the Puck.
He uses the original Pacific Northwest hashplant, the Skelly hashplant, and NL1. The Skelly came from Nevils original hashplant, and Nevil used the Pacific Northwest hashplant, and NL1 to create his hashplant. C&C has backcrossed the Skelly and NL1 to further inbreed for more of the hashplant side vs NL1. Nevils HP was 50/50 PNWHP/NL1 offspring, and the C&C is 90% PNWHP offspring. The plants are beautiful, and huge for a pure Indica. He also Has a backcross to the PNWHP female instead of the Skelly HP mother. He also has the Skelly/NL1 BC1 male bred to several other cone only strains such as Sensi Star, Nepali Hashplant, OG Kush. But Im just as stoked over these strains as I am the Swami. Mayb even more so. In reality, Im stoked with anything that has a Skelly/Skunk one male. Or a Skelly NL1.

Im also big on AKBeanBrains. He has all kinds of 80s-90s genetics. Hes got the original Sensi Seeds NL5/Haze, 90s NL5, Black Domina, Willaims Wonder, Friesland Indica, and all kinds more.

My plan is to try and recreate my old NL5/Haze x Nevils Hashplant/Skunk 1. I already have the genetics to try and reproduce what I lost to the feds in 97.

I plan on uusing AKBB NL5/Haze Female. Cricketts, and Cicada Skelly x Skelly/NL1 BC2 Male, and Authentic Genetics Sk1. AG has the original 80s Sk1 straight from Mel frank, who got the Sk1 from Skunkman in 1988, and its only been bred 3 times since 88. So its still unmolested.

So you can see, I dont give a crap if anyone buys Swami gear or not. My main interest is recreating a 90s NL5/Haze x Nevils Hashplant/Sk1 cross.

Last edited:
Well, if you have the nevils HPxSk1 or can find a substitute, the cbh is around and really might be the best plant I know of in the USA. The Fort Collins isn’t as hazy imo, and the other NY market hazes don’t really show the nl5 advantage. I wish shanti had a hashplant offering. The hashplant cut that went around florida (not champagne - but that is great) was so stinky that a sealed bag in a mason jar in your car would get you thrown out of a hotel room even if you showered after closing it. I hear rumors it exists but I haven’t seen anything hashplant in quite some time. I bet the clone is still alive…

It'd be nice to see your MNS SSH, CM, Shit keepers. What was your selection criteria for keeping them? Got some pics to share? Pls include pics of the killer SSH males also. What criteria did you use to select these males? Was the "80s NL5/Haze at F6" also a keeper? Do you have pics of this plant?

mu

^

wordy "info" about couple other american seedmakers that can easily be obtained by listening to them directly on any given weed podcast out there to decoy from his advertising swami NLHz on MrniceForum. of course you like Crickets they work with Ortega and Nevil gear... AKbeans and his endless freezer stock of amazing retro gear, his catalogue might even list more offerings than yours!
and I dont think you re ready to hear about behind Dominions scenes if you think Duke been incarcerated is news for anyone.

the way the lineages are written, the actual lineages themselves, the BOEL fanatism, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck

Nevil said he believes the Haze seeds he bought were made by an old master breeder. That makes me think BOEL were behind those seeds given the time lines.
When Nevil said that? can you share the post please ?I though where the HazeBothers breed the Hazes:oops:.

I know very little about USA cannabis scene and I dont have so much trust on all this stories.The same feeling I have about the majority of the dutch scene to and the cannabis scene in general.
Very hard to trust, everyone has the originals and a mystical cloud is always around .
Mr nice seeds also has created me few question marks about the genetics especially when G13 come back and the Haze A crossings. Many of this questions where answered some are still under process. The difference in Mr Nice is that can see light in the end of the tunnel and I get proper justifications about their plants origins and questions.:)

-SaveTheBrains

So what are the questions about G13 female and Haze A? Just to clarify we lost Haze A years ago but strains we combined in seed form prior to loosing this male are still in my fridges. The Haze AC male was a selection of a seed that used both Haze A and Haze C in its breed. It was tested for some years and now several people have completed test grows with this male combined to other Mr Nice females...hope that helps.
G13 female we were given from a retiring old timer who was in contact with Nevil many moons ago. Since then we test grew it and then I combined it with our existing males, and many have tested it since then. My own test of the G13 female clone we received had the extreme serrated leaflets and resin production that I witnessed with Nevil in the 90s...and above all it smelt and its effect was similar. So while we have G13skunk and a G13 in our camp, the G13skunk girl is a selection I made from old seeds of Nevil`s , while G13 is a clone gifted from this old timer retiree some years later. Hope that helps all the best Sb

So what are the questions about G13 female and Haze A? Just to clarify we lost Haze A years ago but strains we combined in seed form prior to loosing this male are still in my fridges. The Haze AC male was a selection of a seed that used both Haze A and Haze C in its breed. It was tested for some years and now several people have completed test grows with this male combined to other Mr Nice females...hope that helps.
G13 female we were given from a retiring old timer who was in contact with Nevil many moons ago. Since then we test grew it and then I combined it with our existing males, and many have tested it since then. My own test of the G13 female clone we received had the extreme serrated leaflets and resin production that I witnessed with Nevil in the 90s...and above all it smelt and its effect was similar. So while we have G13skunk and a G13 in our camp, the G13skunk girl is a selection I made from old seeds of Nevil`s , while G13 is a clone gifted from this old timer retiree some years later. Hope that helps all the best Sb
Thank you Shanti for the answers 🙏
There is no question marks left all have been answered.
Is hard to explain Im might sound stupid but getting answer from you means the moon and the stars for me. Thanks for making my day happy 🙌🙏

“History has its truth, and so has legend. Legendary truth is of another nature than historical truth. Legendary truth is invention whose result is reality. Furthermore, history and legend have the same goal; to depict eternal man beneath momentary man.” ― Victor Hugo

And then there is the spoken truth in real time by the real Dude. shanti cartoon pic.png

It is a story that has not wavered since the beginning of this website; that is further substantiated with thousands of pictures, by the countless outside articles and interviews and finally, the growing out of the seed for verification. Experience is the best teacher and I have real solid experience with most of the MNS catalogue and the seed has never disappointed. And yes, the MNS NL5/Hz available today is the genuine article, killer beans. No disputing the genetics, try it by itself or in the Doors or the Northern Widow. I am more inclined to trust Shanti and Nevil's words written here on this site than anyone else's these days because I've actually grown their s*t and verified what they said to be true. Fan boy? Of course and for good reason.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... who you gonna call?

G13 x Afghan Skunk
g13a 26.jpg

Holy Grail

hg 7_11.jpg

mu

This is just ONE of the reasons I love Shantis gear and Mr. Nice. They have the experience, library, and transparency that is lacking from basically every industry in the world, not just Cannabis.

mu

The main things we go by for selection are.. Ability to adapt to new environments, herm testing in females, stem smell, flowering characteristics, using alot of water, and we test with the males to test on, are they dominant on their crosses, are they more recessive to the mother? We also look for the chokiest, lung busting shit we can find. All the best stuff I ever smoked in the early 70s would blast your lungs to bits. And I also look for a heavy crash. Not this easy come down shit. I want to feel drunk after raiding the fridge, sleeping 3-4 hours, and then wake up still stoned, and eyes red, ands still hungry. Hung over the next day after sleeping. Eyes still red. All of the best stuff of the early 70s had this trait. All of it. And its extremely hard to find plants/strains like that, and granted, all of ours dont have those traits, but it is something we look for. We dont have nearly as many males as we do females. But we do have some nice old male selections. IMHO they are harder to find than a nice female.

I dont have any photos. Im in a very unfriendly state, and actually my 2 buddies have the genetics, as Im not doing anything at the moment, and their wives would kill them if they took photos, and posted them on the internet. As would my wife, as she doesnt smoke or drink, and has a really good job. Shes from the Philippines, and is 16 years younger than me. She doesnt mind if I smoke, just as long as I dont get into anymore trouble. But I have a hands on job with my 2 buddies. I have supplied my 2 buddies with genetics since the mid 80s, and have been growing with one of them since 1982. And have known the other one since 1966. He is my older sisters ex boyfriends brother. Hes 72 years old. I also buy all the lights, fertilizer, grow medium, and pay half of the electric bills. For this I get all the weed they dont smoke at a greatly reduced cost, and one guy doesnt smoke anymore. So I get all of his weed. Im not going to say what I do with it, but I will say, I dont smoke nearly all of it, and I dont keep it I myself. I have been smoking since 1967. My older sisters boyfriend at the time used to get me stoned when I was 8 years old,, He was 15, and Ive been smoking ever since, except the 12 years I did with the feds. I did 12 years with the feds. 7 years behind bars, and 5 years supervised release. I pled guilty to a Mandatory Minimum 10-Life sentence, and a 5 MILLION DOLLAR FINE, of which the fine was waived. I did from 97-2009 for cultivation. Mine was an indoor grow, though my partner had a 2000 acre farm, and I gave him 500 clones to put out, and he got caught, and ratted me out, and I got charged with making the clones I gave him, and 750 more they found at a house he was renting for me, though I payed the rent. He lived 150 miles away, but was from my hometown. He was 70 years old in 1997, and I was 39 at the time. He was a friends uncle. I went with a partnership with him, and I gave him 500 clones of a cross I had been growing for 6 years. It was an early 90s NL5 X Haze x Nevils Hashplant x Skunk #1. It was the best stuff I had seen since the early 70s, and it was the equal to anything exotic back then, and is still the best indoor stuff have ever seen. Better than a verified Chem91skva cut we have, and better than anything we currently have. Like I said, Ive not seen the equal to it since 1972. It was as good as some Cambodian my buddies brother brought back from Nam in 1972. He said it was Cambodian. He stuffed 10lbs of it in a foot locker. They didnt search the GIs coming back from Nam in 72. He also brought back 3lbs of raw opium. That shit was wicked It would make you throw up, and be sick as a dog. It tasted very floral, and sickly sweet. I would make you nod out, and make you dream, and see in technicolor. The weed that was most like the NL5/Haze x Hashplant/Sk1 was some sinsemilla Santa Marta iin 1972. It was the first Sensi I had ever seen. It was Green, and was the closest thing Ive seen to my NL5/Haxe x Hashplant/Sk1, and this includes taste, and smell though the strain I had was way more stinky than the Santa Marta. They were small green buds and very airy. Not very compact at all. The cross I had smelled like floral catpiss, and tasted like the best Nepali Temple balls from 1969. It was super choke, and if you tried to hold a hit, it would make you lose your vision for about 5 seconds. It was really lung buster. And if you had it growing in your house, you could smell it all the way out in the street. It was very unsafe to try and rive while smoking it. Itt would make many people sick, and paranoid. One girl is still mad at me from 1996, and swears I put PCP in it. She threw up for 4 hours, and had to lay beside the toilet. Needless to say, she hates me to this day. The stinkiest stuff we now have is the pre2000 AK47. You can also smell from 100 feet away. Luckily both of my buddies live in the hills, on farms, in East Kentucky, are out in the country, with no close neighbors, and the road at one of my buddies is a mile away. He lives on a dead end gravel road a mile off of the main road, in a very very nice home. Other buddy live about 3/8ths of a mile from the main road. So they dont have to worry about smell. You cant grow the AK47 in town, or you will get busted, if you are in an unfriendly region, or someone will break in, and rob you. My buddies also have some dogs you wouldnt want to mess with, without a gun. Pitbulls, and Turkish Kangals.

Also both friends also have the same genetics just in case one of them would lose something, the other will still have it. The oldest genetics we have are from Pre2000 AK47, except the Chem91skva cut is from 1991. We havent had it that long, but the original has been alive sine 1991.. I bought this cut 4 years ago, for $500.
We also had a direct line to Santa Marta in the early 70s. A buddies older brother worked for a shipping company out of Key West, and they went to Columbia every month, and he would bring back 50-100lbs every trip. It takes about 15 days round trip to get to Santa Marta. 5-6 days each way, and 3 days to load the ship. He would then be off 2 weeks but still got paid. I never in my life smoked bad weed in the 70s. I do remember when Mexican went to crap though, because of Nixon paraquating all the fields. In 1974 there was a huge drought all summer. No weed at all,. Except what my buddies brother was bringing back from Columbia. He sold most of it out of our town to a large nearby city, as to not bring heat on himself, though he would let me and a few others buy whenever we wanted. But he wouldnt let us buy for people he didnt know. I never experienced the drought, but many did. He was bringing in weed from 1970-1977. Not all of it was Santa Marta, but it was from 1970-1974, and no seeds at all. I never saw one seed from this stuff in 5 years. Then he started getting alot of Red, and Gold Columbian, with seeds. Then weed started coming in from other sources, and it was Columbian Gold, and Red, which we almost never saw pre 1974. We saw alo t of goof Mexican, Panama Red, Jamacian, And after the 74 drought, all the Mexican was considered junk weed, when previously, it was some of the best weed there was. Still to this day, Oaxacan was some of the best weed I ever smoked. Seeds and all. Its the only weed that ever gave me auditory hallucinations, with extreme paranoia. I loved it. This was in 73. It was $140 an Lb, and $40 a 1/4lb. I wish had all the seeds back Ive thrown away.

One time in 1975, a buddy had some Mexican they were calling Diesel Weed. I wouldnt smoke it. It smelled like diesel, and we were out riding around, and they were smoking a joint, and the shit caught on fire. Another type was called cat food, and I wouldnt smoke that shit either. Another buddies little bother had a stroke in 9th grade from smoking weed that had been sprayed with Paraquat. Luckily for me, I had great connections, and didnt ever smoke any bad weed. I was usually always the youngest person around. When I was 12 I was hanging around 20 year olds. I live right next to the park where everyone used to hang from the 60s-90s. And I made alot of older friends through my sisters older boyfriend. My sister didnt smoke much but her boyfriend did, and also did a bit of LSD. Of which I loved LSD, and it was my second drug of choice. I did my first trip when I was 11. I quit chemicals in 1976 though when I OD shooting 95 units of 1:1000 Epinephrine. I also quit cigs then.

My buddies ue the same lighting set up. They use 3 x 1000w HID with Hortilux Blue Bulbs they use for mothers, and males. Mothers and Males are kept in Coots Living Soil Mix. 10 gallon containers in a 12 x 4 area. Clones are grown in Promix BX and chemical fertilizer. Hydro Gardens 4-20-39 x Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0- Epsom Salts, and 0-52-36 MPK for mid bloom flowering. For 2 weeks. Buy Hydro Gardens is going out of business after being around since 1965. But luckily we have a shitload of the 4-20-39. I bought 4 x 5 gallon containers worth a month ago, and still have a bunch from earlier purchases. Ill give 2 5 gallon buckets to each buddy. You can buy 15.5-0-0 any place. Same for Epsom Salts, and MPK.

They have 3x 1150w Gavita DE HPS for Flowering, and use 2x 1000w Hortilux Blue for Veg.

I did just buy 4 Mammoth 880w Mint White Series LED. 2 will go to each one of them for testing. But these lights wont be available again until late March. Weve had such good luck with HID, we are afraid to change to LED. Ive been growing with HID since they first came out around 1977-78. The first bulb ever available was from the Nuclear Sub program, where they grew their own veggies, because sometimes they would be out to sea for 9 months. Then about 5-6 momths after these bulbs were available, they came out with what they called the Supernova. The Navy bulb they wouldnt guarantee it would survive shipping, because it was so fragile, but they would guarantee the Supernova. Both were 1000w Halides. 110,000 lumens then.

Growing style depends on the strain. With plants that stretch alot in flower, and have a big yield, like out SSH cut, 2010 Barneys G13 x Haze, AK47, Willie Nelson, we will used big 20 gallon containers of Promix BX, and grow no more than 3 plants per 1150w Gaita DE. If under a 1000w Hortilux HPS no more than 2 plants. Mainly in the winter we use the 1150w DE Gavitas, and in the summer switch to 1000w Hortilux. The Gavitas get insanely hot. They just try and keep plant counts down somewhat. For smaller yielding plants like Dominion Skunk, Local Skunk, Granny Skunk, NL5, C99, we will use 10 gallon containers, and cram as many plants under a 1000w HID in a 4 x 4, or a 6 x 4 area. Usually about 6 of them. and 10 of them under an 1150w Gavita DE.
The SSH, G13 x Haze, and Willie Nelson are the best producers by far. The Willie Nelson takes 105 days to finish, and stretches for 80 days after flip. When I first grew it, I didnt think it would ever stop growing. It will get HUGE, and takes the least amount of soil to get huge. It also takes the least amount of veg time. When I first grew it, I vegged it for 60 days, and got an lb out of a 5 gallon container. Ive never done that good with any strain, in that amount of soil. We also bend out plants over, and dont top them. They grow into a round hedge, and the side branches get hugh colas.

I will post one photo of a SSH side branch that was 20-22 inches long, and produced 56 grams after it was trimmed. This plant produced 220z, in a 20 gallon container, vegged for 60 days under 1000w. Its one of the few photos Ive ever taken. The bottom but was broken away from the main stem. The bud is on my acoustic guitar case. These buds were rock hard.

OyNomcU.jpg

Well, that’s quite a confession lol. Thanks for the share brah. I do recall many of those historical moments as I was fortunate to be in SoCal and Hawaii at that time. From the Mex beginnings, the seeded brick, surfers and hash; opium, thai coming from the GI’s, the paraquat, the columbian, panama, jamaican. And all that LSD at the free Dead and Jefferson Airplane concerts held in the parks in S.F. circa 69-72. The skunk from Humboldt and S. Oregon in the early 80’s…
As they have said, “What a long strange trip it has been.”

mu

Back