2010 - Critical Haze

C

Chana Masala

Peace family, love from North Pakistan via Toronto!

Here is my attempt with Mr and Mrs Critical Haze...

Purchased my beans from Niagara Seed Bank in Niagara Falls, Canada. Good guy Frank is.

Germinated December 19, 2009. 8 seeds from a pack of 18. I still have 10 beans left for file. So I am 38 days from seed. Had some stretch early on but completely my fault. All 8 are alive and looking strong.

Note to the forum i am germinating two other strains from two other breeders and yes, Shanti your beans all popped within 24 to 48 hours. Also, out of the two other breeders packs, Shanties’ seem to being doing the best. i.e. bigger, stronger, greener, consistent with their siblings.

Word!

Here are the young ones moving on up in the world.

Please also accept this as my e-vite for a smoke out at my place in 10 weeks…

Critical Chana

Attachments

• DSC00183 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00183 (Medium).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00186 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00186 (Medium).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00176 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00176 (Medium).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00177 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00177 (Medium).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
they look beautiful chana.
Just been to visit my girls and boys, and OH BOY they are a picture of health!!!:D
Peace
BL

hey CM,

I wouldn't worry about any stretch at this stage - it won't make a difference, the real growing hasn't started yet...

Boy your in for some fun, these plants are a grower's treat.

Usually I'd say 'plant a whole pack' rather than splitting one, if only to make sure that you get all the phenos together to compare but with this one I don't think it matters. All plants are lovely - you can't lose. There are 2 real phenos (3 if you are fussy, like me) CM and CM [with a little haze]!
I'm sure you'll see both, even with just 4 females. Are you looking for keepers or just having a grow-out?

LOVING IT

Grover

they look beautiful chana.
Just been to visit my girls and boys, and OH BOY they are a picture of health!!!:D
Peace
BL

William Liar, whats good my bro. I pop in and out of the fourm and wanted to get a few more replies before I posted.

I am eager to see how your girls and boys are doing.

Cant wait to pull up a chair for your show.

Peace brother,

Chana

Whats good chana, how's things looking bout now?

Yes Young guns, how is your current grow my man. Thanks for the love on CLC. I am hitting you back doggie.

How is your daughter.

The plants are doing good man. I havent even started to push the ladies yet. I am revamping my grow as you know from the clc fourm. I got to get my 4x4 t5 lamps x 2 and another 1000 metal hylid before I can turn those CM into trees...

I will keep you posted.

Peace man,

Chana

Looking good m8....

Respect Radiator, thanks for stopping in. I promise to try and make this my best grow yet and post it up the whole way through.

Peace Rad,

Chana

hey CM,

I wouldn't worry about any stretch at this stage - it won't make a difference, the real growing hasn't started yet...

Boy your in for some fun, these plants are a grower's treat.

Usually I'd say 'plant a whole pack' rather than splitting one, if only to make sure that you get all the phenos together to compare but with this one I don't think it matters. All plants are lovely - you can't lose. There are 2 real phenos (3 if you are fussy, like me) CM and CM [with a little haze]!
I'm sure you'll see both, even with just 4 females. Are you looking for keepers or just having a grow-out?

LOVING IT

Grover

There is my boy, where you been my friend... not trying to sound like a homo for anything, but I miss you a little bit lol! When you coming to T.O. We got a lot of weed to smoke man.

Shit your CM thread is great brother. Thanks for taking the time to report your findings. You are making my first run at this easier. Billy too!

Guy, I dont know why either, but I am so excited with this Shanti mix. I am going to post up some new pics soon and ask our fourm to help me sex so I dont have to clone first.

I definatly want keepers and a grow out my bro. That is why I only did half packs but thank you again for letting me know that it wont make a diffrence in what I pull. Also about the stretch.

I actually have a white fly infestation right now. I ordered some lady bugs and that will do the trick. Bastards... but we cant all be perfect with our grows now can we...lol. I try though.

3 fucking phenos. Word to the ganja bird! I hope that stork vists me.

I am going to try the dynomite method of growing and vegg my ladies for 6 weeks. Then put into flower. I am aiming to pull 2p a 1k with shanti gear man. I think this plant will do way more if I can dial her number.

hello, is Critical there... I cant wait. I got some other stuff in the works too. Wihite Russian, Free Lenord, UK Cheese (have you smoked or grown this), bubba kush, Jack the Ripper and of course, my house strain, Master Kush.

Until the next update thread,

Take care Grovs of Green,

Chana

Sounds liek fun :)

Hey Time, are you the same Time from CLC. If so, thanks for the love and stopping in.

Peace man,

Chana

I think my life is a critical haze...

Love Grover and Billy, and who else may tune in...

Finally got some progress...

So far out of the 8 seeds I germinated, two are males, plants 8 and 5. Plant 8 is still under 24hrs light and plant 5 I put into flower just for shits and giggles. I cut back 5 and there she stands...

Plant 8 will just veg until the time is right.

Attachments

• DSC00225.jpg
    DSC00225.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00226.jpg
    DSC00226.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Romancing mary...

Plant 1, 2, and 7 are in flower right now, as I had the space in the flower room and could not wait to flower out the cutt first so I just put 3 of 8 into bloom on April 12, 2010.

I took cutts prior so if anything exceptional turns out, I may still have here in the nursery. Kind of did that one backwards there but I need to see what Shanti is all about! Word!

So far, it is hard for me to tell which one of the 6 are more Afghani dominate and which ones are Haze. Lots of changes still ahead for sure.

Fed to strong last watering. No burn but I could tell she didn't like it. My gutt is telling me slow and steady for these ladies. A romance if you may. [NTD: I took 1, 2, and 7 out of the flower room to take the pictures. The last picture is a portion of my 8k setup where the ladies lay]

Chanatungston

Attachments

• DSC00230.jpg
    DSC00230.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00227.jpg
    DSC00227.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00229.jpg
    DSC00229.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00214.jpg
    DSC00214.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Three last Genotypes?

Still have 8 beans of this left and hope after working with this 8 for the year, I can germinate the next batch and round. Really I should be placing another order of the CH, but fuck man, there are only half a dozen other proven strains to try from MNS...cant wait to smoke and one of my exemptees needs the soaring high badly...

Here are the last 3 genotypes under 24 hour light.

Lets see what we can come up with. I took cutts of these so I hope they will be featured in the next few crops somewhere...

Here are plants 4, 6 and 3( this is the stoutest and shortest of the bunch, not a male as there are to many pistils. But could be wrong, still vegging.

Take care,

Chana Masala

Attachments

• DSC00222.jpg
    DSC00222.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00223.jpg
    DSC00223.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00224.jpg
    DSC00224.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi Channa, they look lovely mate,
You're right, weak feed is better for these girls, mine are getting ec 1.0 on top of tap water which makes ec 1.2 at 4 weeks of flower, they are showing no deficiencies.. I may look at increasing that to 1.4 for a couple of weeks..
good luck channa
peace
BL

Hi All

nice little grow going here...well done.

Let me just add that light feeding in the initial grow especially low Nitrogen...but as the girls flower up and if you get the haze expression in flowering, it is the last 3 weeks where everything happens, and it will respond to higher levels of feeding then. So keep posting photos especially when you see flowering in a big way so we can all see how it goes.But I really like this hybrid as it has a fruity tang to a cat piss/pineapple aroma. Of course depends on the seed selection but see this hybrid alot.

One last thing to add about this is the colas you can get on this and Neville skunk strains have overly impressed me of late.So be warned you may find a donkey dong in there....and then you will understand how economic haze hybrids can yield...

All the best Sb

Hi Channa, they look lovely mate,
You're right, weak feed is better for these girls, mine are getting ec 1.0 on top of tap water which makes ec 1.2 at 4 weeks of flower, they are showing no deficiencies.. I may look at increasing that to 1.4 for a couple of weeks..
good luck channa
peace
BL

That is a 10/4 William. I will keep em low until buds appear. I hope you are well!

Take care,

Chana Monster

Hi All

nice little grow going here...well done.

Let me just add that light feeding in the initial grow especially low Nitrogen...but as the girls flower up and if you get the haze expression in flowering, it is the last 3 weeks where everything happens, and it will respond to higher levels of feeding then. So keep posting photos especially when you see flowering in a big way so we can all see how it goes.But I really like this hybrid as it has a fruity tang to a cat piss/pineapple aroma. Of course depends on the seed selection but see this hybrid alot.

One last thing to add about this is the colas you can get on this and Neville skunk strains have overly impressed me of late.So be warned you may find a donkey dong in there....and then you will understand how economic haze hybrids can yield...

All the best Sb

Shant-o-vision, big ups, thanks and praise!

Thanks for your hand in your strain grow out. Man, still have 8 magic beans left. I think I need to pick up a few more CH packs lol!

All I can really say is that the CM vigor in comparison to all my other breeder packs and cutts are not even on the same level. From seed to even my current stage, CH is very special. It is very stable and consistent as what I would think a good F1 should be. Great work on this one!

I will try my best to keep all posted and I hope to fill my entire 8k grow with just the CM alone as it is owed to you and the MNS family. Just got to find the right ones first.

Thank you again for keeping an eye out on us/me and I hope to represent the strain properly.

To be continued...

Much Respect S,

Chana

Low n for ch

Hey guys. I have 16 little CH growing in soiless mix. I don't want to stunt their growth with to many nutrients. As right now I am giving them 3 part ferts from GH every other feeding. Do I cut the Grow part in half or what. I am just giving them a head start for out doors. I would also like to do a indoor grow with 3 part aswell. Also for my outdoor grow I was using the following super soil

1 bale of pro-mix
4 cups blood meal
8 cups bone meal
4 cups kelp
1 1/2 cups of epson salt
2 table spoon of mycorrhiza
20 litres of wormcasting when i can get them

letting it sit until may24

Is this to strong for the CH

Hi Lk,

As this is my first attempt with the CH, it would probably be better to ask Bill or Grover. If you have some time, maybe review their post, if you haven't already.

The man upstairs said the last three weeks is when it all really counts so up until then I wouldn't really worry to much. Are you able to water your ladies later on in their development outdoors? You could just mix a stronger nutrient concentration for them as they end their life cycle.

I see you are in Canada. Unless you have selected a quicker pheno of CM, you may have chosen the wrong strain for your outdoor crop. Not sure of how you are growing. If green house you should be safe and if not you may have to cover your plants to hasten flowering time. Again, not sure what to expect as this is my first attempt and I grow indoors.

Your soil sounds good, dont forget to add some lime to ph down the lot. But I know in Ontario, after a few may and june thunder showers, a lot of those amendments just get washed away so you will have to add fertilizer again at various stages.

I am feeding around 500 to 600 ppm, as I will gradually raise to maybe about 800 or 1000 ppm in the next month. Last three weeks, I will push as flowers turn to buds.

I am not trying to discourage you brother, just think that a 45 to 55 day strain that is indica dominate would work better for our growing region, not to late to get something quicker...

One more thing, I do notice that the plants seem consistent to one another, so this could at least mean you will get an even genotype with the CH.

Good luck LK,

Chana

Sorry I was not much help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ADVICE

Hey Chana

Thanks for the advice. You may be right but I have to give it a try. I'll have apollo 11 that finishes up in time and some White Russian. I want to to give the CM , CH and Devil a try out doors. The farmers almanac says it should be a hot dry summer here. With luck the almanac is right this time.

Back