1985 seed bank catalog

kash

if that was for me

ive expressed my appreciation twice already,ill do it again thanks for this addition.It be great addition of info if we could complete a compilaton of all the catalogues throughtout the years

im curious to know where is the july 84 catalogue ,how about those imports we there are reports of what year was that ?


BH

i miss post n convo like this :D


that why this thread is great along with soo much of the history that nevil has shared since comin home

i agree that SSSC n especially nevil used many other great genetics,aside from SAMS stock which are still highly reguarded.my point was SSSC had somthin in common with TSB becaz they both had some of the same stock from the same source

im always curious to know the history and it seems from what ive come across in my research there isnt much info on sacred seeds .But imo from wat i understand actually ill put my life on it

there wasnt any possiblity that sacred seeds had all this haze stock unless it came from SAMS soo if it was released in 81 and there were
14 hazes/hybrids im sure they had the stock quite a few years prior ,I dont knwo much of the history but i understand sacred was founded in 76 IMO conclusion ive drawn is if that if the first catalogue was in 81 that was surely SAMS doing



as for SSSC stock and nevils stock im told quite the opposite from SAMS.NOT all by far ,actually NOT much or most but quite afew



the SSSC cataloges from 87- 90
nepali, durban, skunk#1, Afghani#1, skunk#1/afghani#1, early girl were from SAMS stock


nevils strains coming from sams stock OHAZE ,S.indian, sk#1, afg#1 ,early girl, calif orange, indian sat, S.african dp 34



I'm happy to give Sam credit for what he did do, but also keen to avoid giving him credit for things that were the work of others

i understand exactly i feel this way for some of the reasons you hav listed aswell as claimin having bred the most famous strain of all time haze ,im most thankful for his many contributions all of the spreading preserving but it seems some of the claim to fame has come from others work


im curious to know more about jerry biesler what is the first seed bank you refer to? sacred seeds

im also curious as to any links to sacred seeds info



1luvbigherb
 
Jerry Biesler was a major hash smuggler and lived in Afghanistan for a few years, he wrote a great book and in it he talks about breeding Cali-o. Jerry was selling those seeds before Sacred Seeds existed.

Sam did not have major input into the Sacred Seeds group according to other members, they say he was just a peripheral figure who only came to the forefront after the bust, so how you work out Sam must be behind the Haze seeds listed in that ad is beyond me.

Like I said, Sam has had decades to build his legend, the people who could contradict him aren't around so he got away with it.
 
nevils strains coming from sams stock OHAZE ,S.indian, sk#1, afg#1 ,early girl, calif orange, indian sat, S.african dp 34
I never had the S.Indian. The first A#1 tasted "medicinal" later "toxic". Cali Orange and Indisat were unstable hybrids and were dropped. The EG and DP filled a niche market, early outdoor but weren't very good. I used the EP line after refining it to shorten the flowering period. It was a better product.

I give Sam credit for working on the Skunk. Otherwise, all he did was lay claim to other peoples work.
N.
 
I never had the S.Indian. The first A#1 tasted "medicinal" later "toxic". Cali Orange and Indisat were unstable hybrids and were dropped. The EG and DP filled a niche market, early outdoor but weren't very good. I used the EP line after refining it to shorten the flowering period. It was a better product.

I give Sam credit for working on the Skunk. Otherwise, all he did was lay claim to other peoples work.
N.

The S. Indian was from Sacred Seeds, it's in their 1981 catalogue so it may or may not be Sam's work, he might, as some say, have 'recused' it after the Sacred Seeds bust. He later did some hybrids of S. Indian to Haze and Skunk, they were sold by The Flying Dutchmen.

Afghan#1 was used by a few breeders, no idea where that came from, Afghanistan originally. lol

Early Girl and Durban Poison are both said to have come from Sandy Weinstein originally.

Cali Orange was bred by Jerry B, Sam got seeds of it from Jerry's Ex.

No idea about Indisat.

So like Nev says, give Sam credit for working the Skunk and for bringing a load of seeds to Holland, but apart from that, it's hard to know just what he did as he has claimed credit for everything pretty much.

Nev did way more work with the seeds he got from Jim Ortega but until very recently when Nev mentioned him, who had heard of the guy? If we are going on the basis of genetic input into Nev's breeding programme, Mr Ortega deserves as much credit as Mr Skunkman!

Of course, since the mid-90s Mr Skunkman has been working on different types of breeding projects for medicinal use under a different moniker.

I am just interested in keeping things honest not stirring shit.
 
Yeah, and you give him credit in the original catalogue too same as you gave him credit when you returned, you gave Sam credit for what of his you used so I think a lot of his problem must be jealousy.

19252d1293917068-1985-seed-bank-catalog-seedbank4-jpg


Is the New Mexico Afghani in the 85 catalogue from Mr Ortega?

BTW Nev, did you ever meet Sandy Weinstein or any of his mid-west group during your travels in the US?
 
Much more IMO. We are still using Maple Leaf, Garlic Bud and Kush 4 and I don't think that Jim is done yet.
N.


Nev, folks.

Nev is Jim not allready here under the tag Dogless?.

Maybe a nudge from yourself Nev and he would possibly tell us about some of his work past and present?.


"or it might not be him?":o
 
I thought it was him!.

lol.

He has posted a couple of times, and I thought he was TEASEING a bit.

With the strains and dates/timeline, he has mentioned. The questions where for Shanti I believe, maybe Shanti did not see them and the post dropped?.

anyhow just thought it would be cool, to hear a lil more history and lineages.

lol at the trolls, growhermiseeds say its the haters that make them famous.

arn't you lucky, quality genetics / breeding done it for you.

its hard to argue with hard Facts!.:cool:
 
I spotted him a few days ago, I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say and show us, should be interesting.
 
Yeah, and you give him credit in the original catalogue too same as you gave him credit when you returned, you gave Sam credit for what of his you used so I think a lot of his problem must be jealousy.

19252d1293917068-1985-seed-bank-catalog-seedbank4-jpg


Is the New Mexico Afghani in the 85 catalogue from Mr Ortega?

BTW Nev, did you ever meet Sandy Weinstein or any of his mid-west group during your travels in the US?
I give everybody credit where it is due, even people I don't like.
Is the New Mexico Afghani in the 85 catalogue from Mr Ortega?
I don't think so, but you never know. Thanks, who ever you are. This guy was the first to send me seeds anonymously from the US. It was the first Afghani I grew. It was good too. I never heard from him again. People liked the hybrids, I would mind having them again.
BTW Nev, did you ever meet Sandy Weinstein or any of his mid-west group during your travels in the US?
I don't think I did, but I do tend to forget people. I got the cuttings through intermediaries. Those were paranoid times.
N.
 
Nev, folks.

there is a thread on THC Super Sativa Seed Club... ressurection?? - THCfarmer


Mr Haze's comment is worth noteing.;)


Also Nev?, DoubleD a moderator on THC "I" beleive he has your original G13 cutting?.

"Apparently" the cut was exchanged for a large drysift screen?, in Adam.

I spoke with him here by PM, and I tend to beleive him, "been wrong before".:o

I asked him to send Shanti a cut lol.

He did get some shit on the forum here so stopped posting, but I dare say you could obtaine it again?.

DD'S is Canadian I believe, renound for sealed indoor rooms with added Co2 vertical undercurrent systems and 10lb plants inc your cut.

would it be worth reworking crossing again ?.
 
BH

IMO i think you hit it on the head money and jealousy dont mix,but thats on top of SAMS anger over what he's says was nevil not keepin his word


so how you work out Sam must be behind the Haze seeds listed in that ad is beyond me


who's they ?
id love more info or documents about the sacred seeds history ,i know/im sure you have more info than i,while i believe much of the story told , i dont believe it all.

again ill bet my life sacred seeds had nothin to do with haze ,there were never any seeds sold or given away ,soo the connection with sacred seeds n haze is 1000% SAMS as we know for a fact he was there and he did have OHAZE stock


i wasnt sayin at all that SAMS was sacred seeds but i was saying his hands ,name ,doings were all over this 81 catalogue,aside from this post below by SAMS

It's my catalog from Sacred Seeds, I asked "R" to retype it and remove the name Sacred Seeds, because I was not wanting to attract attention to myself, but "R" begged me to use it, so I said OK.
This was 5 years before Neville and his seed bank stole my varieties and started knocking them off.
This was not my first catalog of seeds. "R" also changed the prices and knocked them upwards, I did not care about that.
I still have most of the seed varieties in the deep freeze.
-SamS


nevil

just reporting wat i was told ,which aside from S,INDIAN seems on point


I give Sam credit for working on the Skunk. Otherwise, all he did was lay claim to other peoples work.
N
.

while i agree with that for the most part ,i think there are far more contributions than just working bunk i mean skunk,number one in my book is his spreading and preservation of the haze line ,becaz of him over 40 yrs later its progeny still survives


1luvbigherb
 
I think Neville did the spreading around of OHaze. SAMS was just sitting on the seeds. Probably quite literally, as so few sprouted out of the thousands. Deep freeze my ass. That type of viability showed his ass. Poor storage.He probably kept them in a backwards pyramid

PS Im smokin OHaze right now. Wow on the flavor!
 
What does Ohaze taste like? I've smoked hybrids that tasted of leather, and one that tasted of rotted mangos with eggshells. NL5xHaze is the best tasting haze hybrid that I've ever sampled.
 
while i agree with that for the most part ,i think there are far more contributions than just working bunk i mean skunk,number one in my book is his spreading and preservation of the haze line ,becaz of him over 40 yrs later its progeny still survives
Lets give him courier of the year award.
Now he's saying I stole his seeds and knocked them off? He sold his seeds to The Seed Bank. He looked me up to do so because he needed money. There were no conditions attached to the sale except that I had no recourse if they failed to germinate. They were old. It was only when I started beating him in the cups, that he came up with imaginary clauses to imaginary contracts. He also started telling me that he should get royalties according to the percentage used of all the strains that passed through his hands. He's a fucking nut!
The fact is, that I beat him in the cups with everything. I beat him with Skunk, I beat him with Haze, I beat him with Northern Lights and whatever else I won the cups with. For a guy who walks around telling everyone that he is the greatest cannabis breeder in the history of mankind (no kidding, that's an oft repeated quote) it must be galling. "Mirror, mirror on the wall / Who in the land is fairest of all?
In a way, I'm still beating him. Wasn't this years first and second in the recent cup daughters of the Nevil's Haze? Maybe it's time for a "Rumble in the Jungle" in next years cups. The best is yet to come.
N.
 
Hi All really good thread, if anyone has any more picks I would love to see them cheers take care. CF
 
Back
Top