IBL strains? in the MR.NICE lines

grinkeeper

New member
I am wondering what if any strains with in the available line sold by MR.NICE are actual IBL . Maybe this is a stupid question but it would be interesting to know what if any are actual IBL or not...
 
MNS Shit is Skunk x Skunk, but I'm not sure if it technically qualifies as an IBL. Other than that, everything that I know of is a hybrid. I read once that Shanti was eventually planning on releasing 100% Nepalese, but I don't know if that's still in the works or not.

ESS
 
Grin,
this is one of my gripes with Mr Nice...nothing but hybrids. makes for a ton more work in breeding and isolating traits.
 
North at least you know what your getting just the same . With other companies it's become a total crap shoot no matter what they claim .
 
Grin,
this is one of my gripes with Mr Nice...nothing but hybrids. makes for a ton more work in breeding and isolating traits.


yes I understand what your saying but I fully agree with ozonerider.. mns strains are exactly what they say they are, no b.s......

when you have the Shanti"The Darwin of dank" baba
doing the crosses and selection , you will have the honest to goodness real deal everytime..

and by the way shanti feel free to use
" the Darwin of dank" anytime you please. I think its a really good name for you, just remember who you heard it from first...
 
"The Darwin Of Dank" :D
That's A Good One gk;)
Probably The Reason Mel Thomas Chose Only To Include Shanti's Images In His Book, European Cannabis Cultivation
A Book I'd Reccomend To Everyone ( Mel Thomas Also Has A Book Devoted To Cannabis Cultivation In North America - See cyberskunk.net; Enter Username ;cyberskunk and Password;amsterdam ;) )
Joe:)
 

Attachments

  • ECC- A Great Book Using The Best Examples.jpg
    ECC- A Great Book Using The Best Examples.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 33
  • ECC- GR8 Discount From Dampkring- Scratched.jpg
    ECC- GR8 Discount From Dampkring- Scratched.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 27
  • The Only Breeder To Be Mentioned In Book-ECC.jpg
    The Only Breeder To Be Mentioned In Book-ECC.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 33
I Agree With You

North at least you know what your getting just the same . With other companies it's become a total crap shoot no matter what they claim .
I Agree ozonerider ; Notice How MNS Never Makes Any Claims Themselves ?
Strictly Word Of Mouth And Testomonials From Happy , Satisfied Customers
Priceless
JKP:)
 
From what I've seen ,heard and grown, Shanti's strains seem to breed pretty true for the traits that the strains are described as having.

Since he's put the work into the lines before he releases them, they seem to be alot more consistent for traits than other companies F1's and could be ready for outcrossing by the f3's if done properly.

I've spent alot of time and money on seeds over the years growing out strains looking for the plant that meets the breeders description and finding nothing like it in a pack or 2, not like this with MNS.

It would be nice if he released all his IBL's in the MNS vaults(I'm not even gonna start mentioning the names though cause I'll be here all day):eek:

I'd say part of the reason is if they went on sale most of the other ''breeders'' would buy up huge amounts of them and start releasing their own F1's composed from Shanti's stock, not that alot of them don't do this with the F1's on sale.

Could be a good idea to ask Shanti when he gets back, how many generations of breeding he does with the F1's before their stable enough to be used as an F1 parent themselves.

Peace GG
 
imagine

hello folks!.

Imagine if he put out for EG: NL#5 again?????????.

What would be the consequences???????????????.


Imagine if he put out for EG: ????????????????????????????????????????.


What would be the consequences???????????????.


Imagine what is in some of his fridges lol.


f#ck i have just done my own head in lol.:p



#
 
North at least you know what your getting just the same . With other companies it's become a total crap shoot no matter what they claim .

No doubt there.

DONT get me wrong, I'm not trying to be harsh on Shanti.

His stock is top notch and the reason all his hybrids are as good as they are is his parent stock(IBLs) is most likely very homogeneous, and thus pass their traits quite consistantly. thats why I'd like to get my hands on some more IBLs. for personal breeding.

I can understand why he wants to protect his lines, this is a really a cut throat business. most of the "breeders" are in the same boat as me...they dont have all the building blocks they want.
I think Shanti most likely has full library of strains.
 
i thought id read somewhere that spice was a "true breeding line" or something of the sort

if you read the description, I dont believe it ever says its an F1. in fact, iirc, it says "born of the union between a hawaiian indica and a hawaiian sativa" or something, which makes me think its been line-bred or stabilized for several generations

maybe im remembering incorrectly, too :D
 
no, I think Spice is an F1, just a stable F1 (a good pairing)

I think the point is that of Hybrid Vigor - the best bits of two worlds, without the worst bits of either (at least at F1 stage, which is why I don't use F2s - too unpredictable)

I'm no breeder, this is just my 2 cents worth:)
 
It's possible to have hybrid vigour from a stable strain, Rob clarke describes it in his book.

You start 2 different lines of breeding using 2 different females and 1 male, after the male is crossed to both females, the 2 lines are kept seperate but bred for similar characteristics.

By the f3 or f4's the strains will be stable but starting to lack vigour,this is when you recombine the 2 lines together and restore vigour to a now very stable strain.

It's this sort of breeding,along with the testing of each generation in the process, that takes time and effort to do, but seems to make more consistent strains than just crossing 2 IBL together and selling the result, like alot of breeders do.

I'm not sure if this is the way Shanti does his thing, but I'd say it's pretty similar.

Peace GG
 
Very interesting genegenie would the females be of the same genotype ,two different female pheno's expressing similar desired traits? or is it females with different genotype's expressing similar desied traits? :confused:
 
Hello everybody !

Shanti describes one way to stabilize hybrids in the Big Book of Buds vol1 :

 
Last edited:
if shanti released all of his ibl's and landraces, the wise guys will tell you that there soon would be no use for shanti. at least until he got a new menu!

i have lusted long for the northern light i know is in his lockers, or perhaps even many different northern lights? i will seek the nl elsewhere and be happy with what shanti offers, if i can get those? peace-biteme
 
I can tell you all as well as my self that we are very lucky to have such a dedicated company such as MNS...

Abso F'ing lutely!

We get MNS gear because we respect the Quality & more so the breeder!
Hybrids are all thats out there, some pure strains but who's to say they are legit? Like anything else you won't know until you try it.

Shanti & MNS did not come across these in a day nor did he purchase like we do.
If you want the real deal, you have to go and get it!

We should be so lucky that in such a constraining world, some of the most respected breeders earned there titles by going against the risks & creating these hybrids when they did!

No offense to anyone, by all means breeders, breed.
But don't get cranky when you can't take credit for someone else's work!

Smoke Dream!
 
It would be nice to know which seeds are F1. With all the people who have stolen shanti's stuff I don't blame him for not listing, but it would still be nice.
 
Back
Top