Amoril's Medicine Cabinet

Not a whole lot tonight....

theyre now 5 weeks old. And really starting to get big quick.

I topped the two tallest branches on each of the 11, for a total of two toppings per plant. Ill get the other branches, 2 at a time, every other feeding to keep the canopy even.

Also, because preflowering is become difficult, Ive knocked the photoperiod from 19:40 to 18:00. See if I cant distinguish some females in a few days....as of now, only one plant has confirmed sex either way, and luckily she's a lady.

the pics :

1 and 2 - canopy shots. Still all 11, but its a tight fit these days. As soon as I find the ladies, im transplanting up, and spreading the canopy a bit.

pic 3 - MK10, the first confirmed female. As you can see, its fairly branchy, and recently topped.

Attachments

• DSC00789.jpg
    DSC00789.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00790.jpg
    DSC00790.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00791.jpg
    DSC00791.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 14
I'll have some pics later this week, after the last of the group has been sexxed and transplanted....BUT here's what i do have ;)

-------

6 weeks since germ, 3/11 confirmed females, 5/11 confirmed males, and 3/11 unconfirmed, but my guess is female on all 3, if I had to guess at this point. A few more days, and i wont have to anymore lmao.

the 3 that are known females have been transplanted to 3gal growbags, and the branches have had a few nodes trimmed off. This strain definately has a little of the sativa / haze influence on the growth, and stretches at the first opportunity...more on that in a minute. Either way, the trim was to ensure a tighter canopy, and I still have a couple of weeks left to veg, so theyll recover just fine.

of the 3 known females, one has an extremely hollow stem, with a strong odor to boot. I call her MK9....keep an eye on her ;)

I have selected 1 male of the 5 to use for a pollination of the initial ladies. MK2 is the selected stud...appropriately, his nickname earlier was 'The Scimitar' lmao...kinda fits. He is the only other plant of the bunch to sport a stem at least as hollow, if not more, than MK9. His odor is also nothing to brush off, quite stinky for a veg plant.

--------

The stretch got a little busy, the HPS switch killed me. I switched back to the cfls, and halted it almost immediately....nodes are returning to normal spacing :)

So, current lighting is now 168w 2700k + 104w 6500k constant (18hrs) and 52w uvb + 52w 6500k for 6 hours midday.

feeding 2.5ml/gal floranova grow. About another week, and I start adding some FNBloom to the mix, for 5ml/gallon total.

wow, its been a minute since my last update. That is my fault, fotrunately nothing drastic has changed.

We're still vegging, plants are all potted up (or bagged up lol), and Im waiting on the flower cab to open up a little more room.

The plan right now is to move three of the ladies into flower by the end of this week, and the other three shortly behind, as space allows.

One benefit that Im noticing to delaying the onset of flower is that Im reducing their flowering exposure to this extreme heat. Where Im at, high temperatures have been over 100 degrees fahrenheit daily for the last couple of weeks. Im indoors, with central A/C, but it still gets in the mid-upper 80s for a brief period of the photoperiod. It doesnt seem to be too detrimental to the plants in there, but if I can spare the Kaze ladies, i feel that its not a bad thing.

---------------

I did a little 'flush' post transplant, feeding only water, molasses once, and superthrive once. Tonight, I kicked off the food again, with 2.5ml FN grow + 2.5ml FN bloom. The ladies were looking ready to eat, but I didnt want to feed immediately after transplanting.

Anyhow, the pics.

First two pics are of the 3 plants in 2 gallons of soil each. I ran out of FFOF and didnt want to wait, so I just filled the bags 2/3 of the way. Im not concerned about it Mk #s 3, 7, and 8.

the second two pics are the plants in 3 gallons of soil each. These 3 would be my preferred grouping, they showed sex more clearly, and earlier. The canopy is also a little more full on these ladies, as they were transplanted a few days earlier, and as such are a few more days into the recovery period. MK #s 4, 9, and 10.

Attachments

• DSC00845.jpg
    DSC00845.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00846.jpg
    DSC00846.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00849.jpg
    DSC00849.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00848.jpg
    DSC00848.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 5
MK #'s 3, 4, 7, 9....presumably all ladies, have been placed under the 400w, in the flower cabinet. That means....the wait is over... Im gettin tired of veg.

I took cuts from these 4, and the other two ladies (8 and 10...they need a lil more canopy growth, and the nevs haze needs to finish to make room) so that shall be round 2, and beyond with the favorite.

I would take pictures, but I cant at the moment, so Ill get those up ASAP.

so far, the plants are nothing short of impressive. Not a true runt in the pack...slower phenotype on a couple, but those two are incredibly healthy, so no problem.

Here's the scoop : Ive been dealing with some shit right now, and my plants have suffered as a result. While we have been back on track for nearly a week now, some apparantly irrepairable damage has occurred.....at least for the short term.

I had selected 6 "ladies", of which 5 had confirmed sex in veg, leaving one somewhat iffy. As it seems, plants dont like being completely unattended to for 7 or 8 days, especially if those are the days they are converting into flower.

The iffy one is a male. No intersex, straight male. thats cool. Of the remaining 5, one has fully gone herm on me. Sucks too, cause there is already bud formation, and a decent amount of male formation just under it.

4 left. 3 of them appear to be uneffected, save for maybe losing slightly more foliage than I would have wished at this point. No canopy damage though, so thats good. There is one lady that has had a tough go though, and Im not sure whats going to happen.

She wants to be a she, but during her period of being ignored, she grew one branch through the grating on a circulation fan, and another branch into the light. I was expecting a little herm, but so far, she's holding on real well.

So, we have 4. But, I have cuts of all 6, so the one that stressed into intersexing may get another run, although I doubt Ill consider it that heavily as a keeper. Its entirely conceivable that I may have to take a weeks absence at some point in the future, no point compromising future crops

-----------

3 of the ladies are on their 3rd full day of flowering now. I count from first day of visible bud formation, ie loads of pistils from the growth tips. Seeing pistils at a joint doesnt count. These three responded on a little over a week of 12/12 iirc, so that means the 4th lady should be on -3 days of flowering, or so...lmao.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow hopefully

Ive got pics.

not a whole lot to look at really....just a canopy shot, followed by a few "bud" shots, if you can call them that at this point LMAO.

the ladies are at 4 days flowering, and rolling along quite nicely. The less dense spot in the canopy is the 4th lady, coming in at -3 days flowering, or so I estimate

Attachments

• DSC00877.jpg
    DSC00877.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00876.jpg
    DSC00876.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00878.jpg
    DSC00878.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00879.jpg
    DSC00879.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 8
Howdy,

Just stopping by to let you know I've been following along. I can picture a branch growing into a circulating fan, and it sounds kind of funny, haha, OUCH!

Happy to hear they are alive and well, best of luck with the rest of the grow.

Howdy,

Just stopping by to let you know I've been following along. I can picture a branch growing into a circulating fan, and it sounds kind of funny, haha, OUCH!

Happy to hear they are alive and well, best of luck with the rest of the grow.

lmao, that branch looks like it was introduced to a lawnmower. But, even that tip is starting to flower (although a couple days behind the rest of the same plant), so all is well, I hope.

wow they look very happy :)

great plants super colour

thanks man, the color is starting to get back to where it should. During my absence, there was definately some limey-color, and a touch of early necrosis on some lower leaves, but its stable now I think.

hopefully there are no more setbacks, and I can finish the journal out with some nice, consistently regular updates :D

End of day 7 (day 0 for the fashionably late lady). Fed 5ml/g of 'Nova Bloom for the last couple of weeks, but tonight Ive added 5ml/g molasses as well.

In another week, Ill phase in some LKB.

trichomes are already setting in to the naked eye on a couple of them, but I wasnt able to capture it on the pics.

but....here's what I do have

-------

pic 1 - I want to say this is MK7, but i forget.

pic 2 - a closeup on one of the budsites.

pic 3 - same, but a different bud.

pic 4 - another.

pic 5 - the haze and/or skunk is strong with this one. She is taller than the rest, more stretchy....and leaves that look like this ;)

pic 6 - a canopy shot.

pic 7 - another canopy shot, but with a little variation on the camera settings and such.

Attachments

• DSC00881.jpg
    DSC00881.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00883.jpg
    DSC00883.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00885.jpg
    DSC00885.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00887.jpg
    DSC00887.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00889.jpg
    DSC00889.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00890.jpg
    DSC00890.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00892.jpg
    DSC00892.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 6
good stuff happens in a short time, it seems. Im still hoping to have a formal pictorial introduction to the individual ladies by the end of the week, but this will have to do for now.

pics 1 and 2 are canopy shots.

pic 3 - MK10. the most hollow stems of any Ive ever grown, this lady is only on her 4th day of flower, so somewhat less impressive than the other three....but I have high hopes.

pic 4 - MK7, or the hazy / skunky lady. I dont know which it is, could be both....but those leaves are THIN. this is also the stretchiest of the group. 11th day of flower.

pic 5 - This one's fairly tame, so Id reckon it's more of the afghan/master kush side of things, but who knows. Also, if you look closely, you may notice that this is the earliest of the ladies to have trichomes visible to the naked eye / camera. Look real close. ;) Also 11th day of flower.

pic 6 - MK9. Isnt she nice? I cant really have a favorite yet, but she could be a contender. 11th day of flower.

Attachments

• DSC00963.jpg
    DSC00963.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00973.jpg
    DSC00973.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00966.jpg
    DSC00966.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00967.jpg
    DSC00967.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00965.jpg
    DSC00965.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00964.jpg
    DSC00964.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
not a lot to look at tonight, so ill keep it short.

3/4 of the ladies are now through 16 days of flower, the fourth is just over a week in.

the feed was upped to 5ml/g Nova bloom + 5ml/g molasses + 5ml/g liquid koolbloom. Should start speeding the process along i hope.

Attachments

• DSC00979.jpg
    DSC00979.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00981.jpg
    DSC00981.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00983.jpg
    DSC00983.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 5
for tonight....

#1 - Bud shot off MK4. For some reason, I didnt take a full plant shot....kinda disappointed in myself.

#2 - Whole plant shot of MK7...the haze/skunk phenotype. Im kinda fond of her

#3 - MK9 plant shot. She is by far the most resinous, and is starting to resemble some master kush characteristics IMO

#4 - Whole plant shot of MK10.... could be another sativa phenotype

MK4, 7, and 9 are now done with 3 weeks of flowering. MK10, the fourth pic tonight, is done with week 2 or so.

Attachments

• DSC00985.jpg
    DSC00985.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00990.jpg
    DSC00990.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00996.jpg
    DSC00996.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00998.jpg
    DSC00998.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 1
Well no wonder your fond of her. Says your no fool haha. Amoril i am giggling at thinking of what a smile your gonna have on your face when that girl is done. lookin good:)

Well no wonder your fond of her. Says your no fool haha. Amoril i am giggling at thinking of what a smile your gonna have on your face when that girl is done. lookin good:)

lmao, thanks man. im really lookin forward to harvest. ...or, a couple weeks post-harvest :D

ive been lurking around your journal...I cant believe youre already done! For what its worth, im still waiting on some dried bud shots AND a smoke report. Ill drop a comment next time Im by

---------------------

most are 24/25 days into flower, the lady behind is about 17/18 days in.

first picture - shitty quality with the brightness, but if you have resistance to snow blindness, you can see the trichomes. Not bad for 24-25 days of flower, IMO.

second pic - a nice shot of a terminal bud from MK9. This is going to be the fastest phenotype, so it seems

third and fourth - well, a picture is worth some words, or something like that. I dont feel like quantifying that.

Attachments

• DSC01012.jpg
    DSC01012.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01017.jpg
    DSC01017.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01020.jpg
    DSC01020.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC01023.jpg
    DSC01023.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 4
just a couple more quick ones.

the budshot is of MK9.

Attachments

• DSC01028.jpg
    DSC01028.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01048.jpg
    DSC01048.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01036.jpg
    DSC01036.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 2
maybe a little more detailed tonight :)

pic 1 - MK7. This is a main budding tip, looking on the top. She's the definate sativa, since fairly young it was noticeable.

pic 2 - MK7. Side shot of same branch

pic 3 - MK9. This is just a nice budshot, shows some of the "packing on" thats starting up. Also, some trichs are visible

pic 4 - MK9. A different bud site, a little more zoomed in, to show the trich development. As you can see, this is the earliest phenotype...maybe only 3-4 weeks left.

pic 5 - MK4. Another sativa influenced lady, so it seems. The bud coverage starts down around my hand, the pic doesnt capture it very well.

pic 6 - MK4. A trichome shot, even if it is more of a leaf shot than a bud shot :D

----- those above are all complete with 4 weeks of bloom.

pic 7 - MK10. the lady that is a week behind. Not a great pic, but oh well.

Attachments

• DSC01030.jpg
    DSC01030.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01043.jpg
    DSC01043.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01034.jpg
    DSC01034.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01041.jpg
    DSC01041.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01039.jpg
    DSC01039.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01040.jpg
    DSC01040.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01031.jpg
    DSC01031.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 0
we've got ourselves an update....

all plants are fed 5ml/g floranova bloom + 5ml/g liquid koolbloom + 10ml/g molasses.

MK4, MK7, MK9 are through with 5 weeks of flower, MK10 is done with 4.

pic 1 - MK4 budshot. Probably second to finish.

pic 2 - MK7. She is going to finish third, so it would seem.

pic 3 - MK9. First to finish, and I dont think thats a guess any longer :D In this pic, she has the buds on the left and right...the middle is a bud from MK7, for comparison.

pic 4 - MK10. Even if she had started with the rest of the group, I think she'd be the last to finish.

pic 5 - MK9, again. This is the bud from the left side of the last MK9 pic, but much closer to show the massive amount of trichome coverage on this lady.

pic 6 - MK4 again. I thought this was a cool shot

pic 7 - last one tonight, so a group shot.

theyre really impressing me, I can tell they each have some unique qualities. I cant wait to see what they smoke like...

Attachments

• DSC01133.jpg
    DSC01133.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01135.jpg
    DSC01135.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01136.jpg
    DSC01136.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01139.jpg
    DSC01139.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01141.jpg
    DSC01141.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01144.jpg
    DSC01144.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01134.jpg
    DSC01134.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 6
Things are coming along nicely at your place Amoril, good show sir!
Always nice when they start filling out, gives me a special buzz and i'm sure i'm not alone!
Lovely seeing the new crosses being well represented, i've just got myself some critical haze and i'm itching to give it a whirl.

Enjoy

Fijian

Things are coming along nicely at your place Amoril, good show sir!
Always nice when they start filling out, gives me a special buzz and i'm sure i'm not alone!
Lovely seeing the new crosses being well represented, i've just got myself some critical haze and i'm itching to give it a whirl.

Enjoy

Fijian

I know, it's really starting to get to the best part now. Im halfway through the flower phase, roughly, and this is when every few days shows a noticable change.

I need to get a smell description up.....

thanks for stopping by though, Fijian, I appreciate it. Critical Haze is bound to be a winner for sure, I bet it has a decent amount of likeness to the Master Kaze...at least as far as yield and haze influences. :D

Back