how can I get clones to root faster??

cbdfan

New member
I've got clonex,rapid rooters,B-52,voodoo,and the basic grow and bloom.
I usually just cut clones,put them in ph water for a few weeks,they harden up and I stick them in coir.They don't have roots just more growth and swelled nodes but they always seem to root,it just takes a lonnng time.
I've thought about a hydro setup just for clones.I have a dome with heating pad.I usually get good results using coir stuffed in plug holes firmly and let the coir sit in a pool of water but still slow.
Will the voodoo juice help or is it just bacteria for feeding??
Is there anything I could mix up to help clones root faster?
 
I've got clonex,rapid rooters,B-52,voodoo,and the basic grow and bloom.
I usually just cut clones,put them in ph water for a few weeks,they harden up and I stick them in coir.They don't have roots just more growth and swelled nodes but they always seem to root,it just takes a lonnng time.
I've thought about a hydro setup just for clones.I have a dome with heating pad.I usually get good results using coir stuffed in plug holes firmly and let the coir sit in a pool of water but still slow.
Will the voodoo juice help or is it just bacteria for feeding??
Is there anything I could mix up to help clones root faster?

A few weeks in just water? I just cut them at angle and down the center dip in rooting gel into the rooting plug in a seedling tray with a tall humidity dome spray them with water about a week I get roots coming out done. No nutrients no nothing just rooting hormone and water.
 
A few weeks in just water? I just cut them at angle and down the center dip in rooting gel into the rooting plug in a seedling tray with a tall humidity dome spray them with water about a week I get roots coming out done. No nutrients no nothing just rooting hormone and water.

Pretty much this (Though I use a powder like Rootone) except I don't slit down the middle, and use sponge-like plugs and a floating styro holder from HTG Supply.

Per my notes from a couple years ago, and re-proving it presently, some strains take a little longer. Shit is one I've grown/growing now, that is slower to root off. They always do, but it takes them almost a week longer than their friends.

One good way is to forget about them for a few days ;) Sometimes less love is better love?

Happy Rooting :D
 
We all have different methods so here’s mine. I cut the clone at an angle below the node about an inch and 1/2. I then scrape the stem down from the node to the bottom of the stem. Using sharp razor blade for everything. Then I slice from the bottom of the stem up a 1/4-/12 inch a few times to give it a broom type of appearance. Then in ph 5.6 water with a couple drops of super thrive and bottom is suspended above the water an inch or so and the mist from the bubblers keeps the bottoms just wet enough. Water temp around 68-70 degrees F. Works great for me and within 10 days have roots. Almost 100% success. You can also put the scraped and sliced clones in rooter cubes or whatever medium you like. The key is to scrape the stem and slicing. white fluorescent lights suggested also. Never have needed rooting hormone but should be ok to use just haven’t needed it. also do not use any nutrient.
 
Last edited:
I read to take Alovera make a paste then take seeds I think no meter what seeds put them in water so they germinate blend them and mix both paste the germinated seeds have rooting hormones and Alovera have it too? Use it on the cuts I think air is important too I take Jiffis as coco holds air even wet and high air moisture
 
Get cutting/propagation mix.
Small pots 5cm diameter
Humidity dome.
Heat pad. Find a way to raise the plants above the heat pad if it is getting to hot. They usually come with spacers for this purpose.
Light on a timer 18 hours a day of light.
Temp gauge.
Dont let the soil in the pots go above 22c
Take cuttings with sharp scissors
45 degree angle just below a node.
Trim off larger leaves and leave just the top leaves and the growing shoot.
Soak cutting in water after cutting if doing more than one at a time so it doesn't form an air bubble in the stem.
Place in rooting hormone gel just before putting in soil.
Make sure soil is well saturated before planting and if possible have a layer of water in the bottom of the tray under the pots to create humidity.
This involves having a perforated tray that sits inside the water catcher tray that the humidity dome sits on but works well.
I find taking the humidity dome off after 3 or 4 days is about right and i usually expect roots in 7-10 days.

1789078975627.png
 
Rooting takes 1.5-2 weeks in favorable conditions.
Although I've had a plant which unbelievably would strike in 7 days!

Unhealthy doner plants are the number one cause of sporadic rooting, followed by fluctuating or dirty conditions..
Personally i don't use any of the canna related rooting gels etc, You're paying a premium for anything branded for cannabis....

I use a simple Vitax organic rooting powder which costs 99p(1.10euro) and 10p(0.12euro)"Peat pucks" which are made coco choir...
I also never spray/mist my cuttings, never. They are sitting in a humidity close to 95% they do not need more moisture...

I think as passionate enthusiasts we sometimes smother them with kindness..
 
I usually have roots in 7 to 10 days.
Often overlooked is the need to take your clones from the bottom of the plant.
The lowest branches.
This is where the most hormones that are needed for cuttings reside.
If i take the clones from higher up they either don't work or take quite a bit longer.
Up to two weeks.
So those little branches at the bottom that are not going to yield much are your friend when it comes to taking clones.
They can also be taken well into flower.
 
Back
Top