Skuncle needs some NHS

NHS Smoke Report/Final Summary.
This report took some time and effort, but worth every toke :cool:. Hope you enjoy:
FINAL SUMMARY REPORT FOR NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE (NHS): May 7th to October 6-24th ** 30 DAYS SINCE HARVEST **

NHS= NL5/Hz x Skunk. 25% Northern lights, 25% Haze and 50 % Skunk, so variety & high yield expected

# IN THE RUN:
Soaked 11 and got 6 females.

GROW MEDIUM: Organic recycled soil. Coast of Maine Stonington blend fertilizer, Raised bed mix, Lobster compost, worm castings, fish bonemeal and molasses water, if needed.

SOAK/SEEDLING/VEG TIME: DOB/soak=5/7/23; Stagger Flip at 9 weeks to 12 weeks later. So lifespan=5 months. YIELD IS WORTH IT.
FLOWERING TIME:
Varied. As early as 12 weeks to 15 weeks.

LIGHTING: 673w Pro Grow 1800 Grow Light Science

POT SIZE: 32 oz cups to 1.5g pot to 5-gallon fabric pots.

CHARACTERISTICS: Varied structure shown in this 6-pack. Size is consistently on the tall side, as expected from lineage. 4.5 feet – 6 feet.

View attachment 78605View attachment 78606NHS #1. Last known photo before chopped at 79 days, harvested Oct 6th. 64” from base. Mostly “thumb-sized” firm buds, aside from top cola. Mildly sweet smelling. Bud squeeze test=Mild/soft hints of fruit. Sticky when breaking apart, making use of the lighter challenging 😊. Glass bong, nice slow burn with a clean hit, smooth with an initial sweet floral taste. Not tasting Haze, but getting a nice head high. 😊

View attachment 78607View attachment 78608NHS #2: 85 days flowering, harvested Oct 10th. Similar to #1, though lesser yield, yet better taste & texture. Tangy sweet fruit smelling, while bud squeeze=increased tangy fruit with even stickier when broken up. Strong, early pungent fruit taste and smell. No Haze, with an obvious strong fruity smell n taste to develop with The Cure …
View attachment 78609NHS #3: 86 days flowering, harvested Oct 13th. Tallest, and the one I needed to bend the top cola to keep the height down. Would have been 72”, though LST’d down to 64”. True mixture of hard, Indica buds with elongated, sativa expressions, and some foxtailing of the top Colas. Similar Tangy sweet fruit smelling, while bud squeeze=increased tangy fruit and stickier when broken up. Strong, early pungent fruit taste and smell. This one had Haze taste and post-smoke. Strong head high. Curing up beautifully. 1 hit was enough.

View attachment 78610NHS #4: 86 days flowering, harvested Oct 13th. Nice structure, continuing with same bud size, firmness and structure. 5’ tall. Softer fruity smell. No Tanginess to this one, while bud squeeze=similar soft fruit without the stickiness when broken up. Soft, fruity, and this time HASHY taste with some Haze aftertaste. Nice head high. Curing up well. Went back for a 2nd hit.

View attachment 78611NHS #5: 93 days flowering, harvested Oct 20th. Uniformly elongated, solid bud structure. Strong growing plant that dealt with the temp fluctuations better than her sister. Nice structure, continuing with same bud size, firmness and structure. 5.5’ tall. Tropical/fruity smell with nice colors. Bud squeeze=Stronger fruity aroma with stickiness when broken up. Strong, fruity, taste with some Haze aftertaste. Nice head high. Curing up well. Went back for a 2nd hit. Nice.

View attachment 78612NHS #6: 104 days flowering, harvested Oct 24th. The most unique Sativa of the group. HOWEVER, I did possibly trigger a stress reaction when I broke the top cola when transferring from veg area to flower. Elastic tape worked well to save, resulting in exaggerated self-topping/multi-cola’s. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE A CLONE FOR THIS PHENO WHICH GREW 1 MAIN, ELONGATED, COLA OF SIMILAR VISUAL & WITH FRUITY AROMA. POSSIBLY summer heat in the tent lead to the lack of aroma/terpene’s both pre-smoke and when smoked. HOWEVER, it provides a EXCELLENT SATIVA cerebral/clear thinking high.

YIELD: I break my buds down into Top Shelf, Mid Shelf & Edible Popcorn buds 😊.

NHS #1: 51g of Top Shelf; Mid Shelf=43g + 18g for edibles. 112g, Nice yield.

NHS #2: 36g of Top Shelf; Mid Shelf=33g + 23g for edibles. 92g.

NHS #3: 71g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=33g + 19g for edibles. 123g, Nice yield.

NHS #4: 33g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=28g + 24g for edibles. 85g.

NHS #5: 73g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=52g + 20g for edibles. 145g, xs 5 oz’s. Very nice yield.

NHS #6: 71g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=31g + 15g for edibles. 117g, Nice yield.

TIDBITS: GREAT variety & IMO, run the whole pack, or as many as possible to give chance for a genetic treat. Responded well to cloning, in fact, too well, as I have another half dozen clones finishings soon 😊

MyDx TESTING: I know that this isn’t scientific testing, but for home use I’m satisfied:

Took 1 bud from each to compare & contrast…

NHS #1: 22.19%; 19.66%

NHS #2: 17.50%; 17.15%

NHS #3: 22.07%; 19.66%

NHS #4: 17.49%; 17.07%

NHS #5: 21.99%; 19.67%

NHS #6: 15.97%; 17.41%

SUMMARY: IMO, just as advertised. Can get “tall”, and with the complexed genetics, a great chance for variety, and finding a desired pheno if desired.

SKUNKLE LENNY RATING: This is NHS-National Health Service 4.8 OUT OF 5

Thank you @Skuncle Lenny 🙏

I love your reports of the disregarded strains :love:

Keep it coming
MB

NHS Smoke Report/Final Summary.
This report took some time and effort, but worth every toke :cool:. Hope you enjoy:
FINAL SUMMARY REPORT FOR NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE (NHS): May 7th to October 6-24th ** 30 DAYS SINCE HARVEST **

NHS= NL5/Hz x Skunk. 25% Northern lights, 25% Haze and 50 % Skunk, so variety & high yield expected

# IN THE RUN:
Soaked 11 and got 6 females.

GROW MEDIUM: Organic recycled soil. Coast of Maine Stonington blend fertilizer, Raised bed mix, Lobster compost, worm castings, fish bonemeal and molasses water, if needed.

SOAK/SEEDLING/VEG TIME: DOB/soak=5/7/23; Stagger Flip at 9 weeks to 12 weeks later. So lifespan=5 months. YIELD IS WORTH IT.
FLOWERING TIME:
Varied. As early as 12 weeks to 15 weeks.

LIGHTING: 673w Pro Grow 1800 Grow Light Science

POT SIZE: 32 oz cups to 1.5g pot to 5-gallon fabric pots.

CHARACTERISTICS: Varied structure shown in this 6-pack. Size is consistently on the tall side, as expected from lineage. 4.5 feet – 6 feet.

View attachment 78605View attachment 78606NHS #1. Last known photo before chopped at 79 days, harvested Oct 6th. 64” from base. Mostly “thumb-sized” firm buds, aside from top cola. Mildly sweet smelling. Bud squeeze test=Mild/soft hints of fruit. Sticky when breaking apart, making use of the lighter challenging 😊. Glass bong, nice slow burn with a clean hit, smooth with an initial sweet floral taste. Not tasting Haze, but getting a nice head high. 😊

View attachment 78607View attachment 78608NHS #2: 85 days flowering, harvested Oct 10th. Similar to #1, though lesser yield, yet better taste & texture. Tangy sweet fruit smelling, while bud squeeze=increased tangy fruit with even stickier when broken up. Strong, early pungent fruit taste and smell. No Haze, with an obvious strong fruity smell n taste to develop with The Cure …
View attachment 78609NHS #3: 86 days flowering, harvested Oct 13th. Tallest, and the one I needed to bend the top cola to keep the height down. Would have been 72”, though LST’d down to 64”. True mixture of hard, Indica buds with elongated, sativa expressions, and some foxtailing of the top Colas. Similar Tangy sweet fruit smelling, while bud squeeze=increased tangy fruit and stickier when broken up. Strong, early pungent fruit taste and smell. This one had Haze taste and post-smoke. Strong head high. Curing up beautifully. 1 hit was enough.

View attachment 78610NHS #4: 86 days flowering, harvested Oct 13th. Nice structure, continuing with same bud size, firmness and structure. 5’ tall. Softer fruity smell. No Tanginess to this one, while bud squeeze=similar soft fruit without the stickiness when broken up. Soft, fruity, and this time HASHY taste with some Haze aftertaste. Nice head high. Curing up well. Went back for a 2nd hit.

View attachment 78611NHS #5: 93 days flowering, harvested Oct 20th. Uniformly elongated, solid bud structure. Strong growing plant that dealt with the temp fluctuations better than her sister. Nice structure, continuing with same bud size, firmness and structure. 5.5’ tall. Tropical/fruity smell with nice colors. Bud squeeze=Stronger fruity aroma with stickiness when broken up. Strong, fruity, taste with some Haze aftertaste. Nice head high. Curing up well. Went back for a 2nd hit. Nice.

View attachment 78612NHS #6: 104 days flowering, harvested Oct 24th. The most unique Sativa of the group. HOWEVER, I did possibly trigger a stress reaction when I broke the top cola when transferring from veg area to flower. Elastic tape worked well to save, resulting in exaggerated self-topping/multi-cola’s. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE A CLONE FOR THIS PHENO WHICH GREW 1 MAIN, ELONGATED, COLA OF SIMILAR VISUAL & WITH FRUITY AROMA. POSSIBLY summer heat in the tent lead to the lack of aroma/terpene’s both pre-smoke and when smoked. HOWEVER, it provides a EXCELLENT SATIVA cerebral/clear thinking high.

YIELD: I break my buds down into Top Shelf, Mid Shelf & Edible Popcorn buds 😊.

NHS #1: 51g of Top Shelf; Mid Shelf=43g + 18g for edibles. 112g, Nice yield.

NHS #2: 36g of Top Shelf; Mid Shelf=33g + 23g for edibles. 92g.

NHS #3: 71g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=33g + 19g for edibles. 123g, Nice yield.

NHS #4: 33g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=28g + 24g for edibles. 85g.

NHS #5: 73g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=52g + 20g for edibles. 145g, xs 5 oz’s. Very nice yield.

NHS #6: 71g of Top Shelf; Mid-Shelf=31g + 15g for edibles. 117g, Nice yield.

TIDBITS: GREAT variety & IMO, run the whole pack, or as many as possible to give chance for a genetic treat. Responded well to cloning, in fact, too well, as I have another half dozen clones finishings soon 😊

MyDx TESTING: I know that this isn’t scientific testing, but for home use I’m satisfied:

Took 1 bud from each to compare & contrast…

NHS #1: 22.19%; 19.66%

NHS #2: 17.50%; 17.15%

NHS #3: 22.07%; 19.66%

NHS #4: 17.49%; 17.07%

NHS #5: 21.99%; 19.67%

NHS #6: 15.97%; 17.41%

SUMMARY: IMO, just as advertised. Can get “tall”, and with the complexed genetics, a great chance for variety, and finding a desired pheno if desired.

SKUNKLE LENNY RATING: This is NHS-National Health Service 4.8 OUT OF 5
Do we even need to do an NHS seed testing when we have @Skuncle Lenny doing reviews like this🥰? NICE work brah!

mu

Thanks @Skuncle Lenny!
You did again a fine job with these.:)👌

Would you say that the pheno's with the haze smell/taste (I assume that you mean some incense?) are most potent?
Great ?. I wrote the report over-time, the smoke and later potency test, it confirmed that the ones that IMO have the Haze aftertaste tested the highest.
Again, I know my testing is far from Lab, but I feel it’s in the neighborhood and seems on for this.

Great ?. I wrote the report over-time, the smoke and later potency test, it confirmed that the ones that IMO have the Haze aftertaste tested the highest.
Again, I know my testing is far from Lab, but I feel it’s in the neighborhood and seems on for this.
I find that incense always brings potency for me, thc numbers don't mean much in my book...
Could be wrong, my experience is limited.

SEEKING FAMILY FEEDBACK 🎺
What are your thoughts about making hash and smoking hash, your favorites and advice?
I have a 💩 load of NHS.
Earlier today, I watched Shanti’s recent podcast where he spoke about making hash and the large amount of biomass needed. I’m not comparing biomass size, but I’m thinking about the same idea of using a few ounces to make hash.
I have a commercial flower sifter to make dry kief hash from my shake, I also have bubble bags where I previously, years ago, used dry ice.
Naturally, due to the podcast, I had to use the dry kief as dessert topping to NLA, resulting in immediate deep meditation…😊💨
THOUGHTS???

SEEKING FAMILY FEEDBACK 🎺
What are your thoughts about making hash and smoking hash, your favorites and advice?
I have a 💩 load of NHS.
Earlier today, I watched Shanti’s recent podcast where he spoke about making hash and the large amount of biomass needed. I’m not comparing biomass size, but I’m thinking about the same idea of using a few ounces to make hash.
I have a commercial flower sifter to make dry kief hash from my shake, I also have bubble bags where I previously, years ago, used dry ice.
Naturally, due to the podcast, I had to use the dry kief as dessert topping to NLA, resulting in immediate deep meditation…😊💨
THOUGHTS???
Go dry sift! Always the best in my book! Doesn’t yield as much as the bubble bags or probably dry ice but simple and great quality when done well.

I wound up doing both😂
While the end result differs and variety is nice, dry sift is so much easier, less messy, and produces much more.
Aside from that, I’ve run so many NHS clones that I’m still amazed to see the variety of expressions that come out of them. Check out the stem structure on this one that I just harvested.
IMG_9333.jpeg
IMG_9337.jpeg

IMG_9335.jpeg
I can certainly see how cool stuff like this turns a hobbiest into a breeder. Genetics b cool

It must be the New Year spirit that lead my creativity to another idea for a lot of weed inventory.
Thai stick diy 😊
Found the most sativa expression NHS fluffy big buds and got 2 to fit “like a glove” and easily slid a sugar water coated bambo stick right thru.
IMG_9442.jpeg
Always have hemp wick around, so wrapped well and molded with my hands by squeezing. Buds are the perfect stage of stickiness.
IMG_9443.jpeg
Wrapped that up with parchment paper to look like a tamale 😂 and put in the back of fridge for 3 days until the next, fun stage.
IMG_9445.jpeg

What are your thoughts about this device? Would love to do some testing to aid in breeding. Though I find the current technology a bit expensive.

Oh wow...That's a long time since I've seen one of those! Following along if I may 🍿
I find MyDx to be uniformly consistent, in that the THC #’s are relatively consistent within a pheno and varied between phenos, as seen in these NHS numerous tests.
But I wouldn’t trust it for breeding purposes. This technology is focused solely on THC and advises that their cannabinoid profiles are not as “scientific”. It’s the closest/most “reliable” technology, outside lab testing of course. I’m VERY interested in lab testing, but not @$100/test, despite the extensive profile.
I haven’t made Thai stick in years, and like the way this one turned out so much that tomorrow I’m getting more hemp wick and making a few more. A nice long cure of Thai stick yields amazing results.
☮️

Back