Z7 worth the price?

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Holy shite I can't believe someone is bidding over $500 for a winter cleaning auction. Are these seeds really that valuable?

Aloha
M

Daaaamn, hope I never end up bidding against THAT guy lol.

Hope for the auction's sake it's a real bid & whomever it is pays up, but bid history looks like 2 people really wanted em. Pheno hunt coming on :)

JJ, I don't wanna tell you what I got my mango inbred clearance pack for back in ~April :p

Of course I've spent that kind of money on MNS seeds in the past but I have enjoyed many wonderful and excellent varieties...
Launched AB, Cure, NL5/Hz yesterday. Killer strains if I say so myself.
Oh yeah baby, I'm totally stoked!

Cool runnin braddahhs
M

Yeah I don't think I would pay that much unless I owned a dispensary and patients wanted high cbd. I did try one cbd line just not my favorite for the high.

Looks like a typo or something... 500 is way too much for that amount of seeds... that's more expensive than via direct order... doesnt make much
sense, but go figure what anyone wants to bid...

I think I must have paid 50 euros for a feminized Z7 during last year's winter cleanings, I think it was 50-60 beans... around 1 euro per seed, which
is about 5x cheaper than direct ordering.

Anyway... I'm growing Z7 feminized right now together with a few MNS shit
plants (all planted at the same time) and let me tell you there must be a lot of sativa (despite nordle being part of the breeding) in this line cos right now I'm at week 4 of 12/12, the shit plants are all sexed, males were removed and remaining plants are pumping pistils all over the place but the Z7s are lagging behind miserably... not even a single pistil so far...

Anyway, I hope it pays off in the end...

Last edited:
Anyway... I'm growing Z7 feminized right now together with a few MNS shit
plants (all planted at the same time) and let me tell you there must be a lot of sativa (despite nordle being part of the breeding) in this line cos right now I'm at week 4 of 12/12, the shit plants are all sexed, males were removed and remaining plants are pumping pistils all over the place but the Z7s are lagging behind miserably... not even a single pistil so far...

Anyway, I hope it pays off in the end...

i can attest z7 is a late bloomer.. she packs on weight towards the end... out of nowhere... patience.... 11 weeks total

bless up

~6.50 euro each ain't so crazy

Would be worth it to pheno hunt & try to isolate freak ratios or find a plant with insane terps, IMO. $5-600 is not a lot of dough in the course of growing out 75-80 seeds. Especially if guy is pheno hunting or breeding for CBD.

2 people had to want them that badly for the price to get so high ;)

On another note, those 3 other clearance auctions look super attractive next to the z7 :p

Sometimes you want it and you want it now.
The cost is inconsequential.
In the end that one diamond can make it all worth it.
Im pretty sure there was another one last week that went for much <€100 though...

PS is right

considering the amount of seed offered, the current bid is not entirely too crazy. Especially for z7, some of the most desired seeds around the world, and especially for the reg version of it, with the ability to find a a stud for future breeding programs.

My z7, of which I have written a testimonial about on this forum, is an absolutely incredibly smoke and makes incredible oil, last batch tested at 90% decarbed cannabinoids, 2:1 cbd:thc.

I am very happy to see MNS making this great offering.

Many blessings

It was 75-80 seeds/gram lot for the Z7, wasn't it?
That would put the price/seed somewhere in the 6-7€/seed area.

Yes that is much higher than what they usually go for on the auctions (from my short observation span) and they are also tier 2/3 seeds (not good enough for regular seed packs but still viable).

So yes, that 500 bid puts them up there. But that being said, people drop upwards of 10€/seed on shit tier genetics all the time and then we haven't even talked about feminized and auto strains ...

So I don't think 500 for that pack is actually that outrageous. If anything, I was happy to see that because I thought "phew, now I feel less bad for bidding the equivalent of 1-2€/seed on MN gear, finally they get a fair value in an auction"... Honestly I started feeling bad for purchasing such great genetics at such low /seed prices ...
Don't know what the regular price for Z7 is over at CBD but if it is like Neville's/Mango Haze then that is still a decent deal.

I also thought it was a type-o first but if you look in the bidding history, you see that the guy went from 63 to 499,99 ...
That wouldn't be a type-o because 49,99 wouldn't be higher than 63...

Guy (or gal) just really wants those Z7 beans and 500 bucks isn't as much to everybody as it is to you and me :D

Hijacking this thread for some general questions on the cleaning auctions, seeing as so much knowledge and experience seems to be gathered in this thread:
In the cleaning auctions it always states that these seeds were rejected for seed packs but still viable.
I haven't received anything from the auctions yet but I read somewhere that regular packs from auctions don't come in "original packaging" but are packed "loose" in ziplocks or sth. can anyone comment on that?
If so, my assumption is that the regular packs sold in auctions are "tier 2 seeds" which are basically the same as "tier 1" (sold in regular packs everywhere) but probably just slightly worse aesthetically (i.e. same viability as tier 1 seeds but the seeds aren't as big/fat/marbled/"pretty" and thus not sold in regular packs because if you sell a pack for 120 bucks, then every seed in there better be perfect or your reputation suffers --> serious seeds ;) ).

Can anyone comment on my assumption? "You are an idiot that's not how it is, auction seeds come in original packs" is also a comment I guess ... :D

The way I understand the auctions, the cleaning auctions would then be "tier 3" seeds. They are still viable but some will be smaller, some larger, some more or less marbled, some a little greener than others etc. ?
The way I understand it, I think if you get a cleaning auction and have a few non-germs (I was expecting maybe 10% not to germ?) you shouldn't/couldn't be mad at that price. Hell, 50% germ rate would be fine if you get 70 seeds for 50 bucks... come on :D

That being said: What confused me is that they state in every cleaning auction that seeds are sold in 1 gram lots yet the same 1 gram lot consists of anything from 60-80 seeds! Sometimes the lot is 60-65, sometimes 70-80 etc. etc.
I was wondering if that is simply strain dependent and for example Z7 just produces smaller seeds than mango haze?
Or can it be assumed that the Z7 seeds are "less mature" and you thus get more per gram lot than the Mango haze seeds in the last cleaning auction?

Has anybody had experience with a cleaning auction and germ rates?
(I read patrick got himself some mango cleaning auction, right?)
You guys getting 100% from those cleaning packs?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, going by by what I know about MNS so far, if the cleaning auction packs have 100% germ rate and are just as viable as regular ones and are just "not pretty enough" purely aesthetically to make it into "tier 1" and be sold for regular prices in regular packs...

Last edited:
I have not got a cleaning auction but the regular auctions are for big fat fully matured seeds. I received Nordle and Shit recently and the Nordle seeds were bigger than the shit,received 17 nordle and 20 shit, so I am guessing they don't count em out and just fill the transport vessel to its limits.

Hey broseidon there is absolutely nothing wrong with the cleaning auctions, I've had a few and never had any that didn't germ. There is the odd light coloured or disfigured seed but it never affected their ability to grow. This time last yr I got 100 Nl#5xHaze seeds for €80, bargain of the century!

When u buy direct from MNS the seeds come in small straws heat sealed at both ends and in my experience have approx 20 seeds per straw. The MNS foil pack are for retailers and contain 15 seeds.

With all due respect man, it's time to stop talking about growing and start doing it!! :) There's nothing like hands on experience.

hi,
the seeds prices are going crazy more and more ,
i missed that underground time when people were sharing seeds with love
LRV- I am so with you braddahh. Precisely my point.

Never an argument about cost of Z7.
PS and FX- "...~6.50 euro each isn't so crazy..." "...Especially for z7, some of the most desired seeds around the world..." In my estimation they are worth the cost because of their uniqueness.

Putting it in perspective, Sensi charging €137 for 10 seeds of NL5/Haze is laughable. What, when I can buy the real deal at €80 for 18 seeds? This is nothing more than greed masquerading as some kind of exclusivity.

When I consider the germ rates (40%) of the NL I bought from them several yrs ago, those seeds (€130 for 10 seeds) in effect cost me €32,50 per seed! I won't even begin to tell you of my great disappointment when comparing to Ortega regarding germ, potency, yield. NO FUCKING CONTEST. My germ rates with MNS have never been lower than 90%. A lesson well learned. /end of Sensi rant

Braddahs, I was just shocked to see a bid for >$540 as I've not seen these kinds of prices before on the site. Hahaha maybe Sensi or GHS is buying them for pheno selection. Okay I'll stop...
Professor- "Sometimes you want it and you want it now. The cost is inconsequential."
Whenever bidding in any auction sometimes these "aberrations?" occur. It is best to realize there is always another bus to catch and that patience often times pays off.

I heard this from some guy on this site LOL and I maintain that the most sage advice has always been "The proof is in the seed." No question who has superior genetics. Never had any germ issues when buying direct. Never had any issues with support when there have been problems. Most importantly, I KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING. Solid company, solid reputation, no BS, and incredible value. How do you put a price on that?

Cool runnin braddahs
M

Back