PhenoJ.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0297.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0301.jpg
100MEDIA36IMAG0307-1.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0309-1.jpg

2012-06-23_17_46_02.jpg

2012-06-25_15_46_29.jpg

2012-06-25_16_45_56.jpg

Pheno J was the most sativa leaning of the bunch. She was a monster plant. Her hairs range in colors; being pink, orange and red. 25% of the pistils havent turned from white. The trichomes are beautiful. I found whole patches of amber trichs. I would say about 30% amber with a few clear trichomes still present. She smells like playdough with a sweet undertone. Extremely sticky, which makes manicuring fun.:) Note: This was the only pheno that suffered in yield due to a lack of light. 3/4 of the plant had great lighting and the buds stayed tight. Whatever parts werent, did just the opposite. She just got to big.

Well, thats the last lady. Ill start to do smoke reports in a day or two and make some hash out of a few of the phenos. Get the tests done, find an oil pheno and disperse clones. I had a fun growing the Z's. There were a couple rough patches, but the end result made the time invested worth it. I have had some great responses to a few of the phenos already. The responses I was hoping for. I will share a few of those after I hear from some different people that need it for different medical reasons.

Peace

Great thread Tony. The smoke reports and patients responses will be interesting and appreciated, especially with the details you have given so far

Bh.

Nice Thread !

Hello TonyG... I have just read through your entire thread on the Z7 and is very informative. I placed an order yesterday for two pack of the Z7, and I am very excited so that I can help my patient friend, who is a physician.

I can't wait to find that 1:1 ratio plant, so I can share the meds.

Excellent informative thread on Gods medicine.

peace, resinbud;)

Last edited:
Bh and resinbud,

Thanks and I sure hope more people out there grab a pack of z7's and give them a try. I was able to find three potential keepers out of the 7 that were able to fully bloom. Those being phenos E,F and I. All of the others plants were not recieved well at all by patients. They said that they were ok, but that the other three(e,f,i) were hands down better meds.

I would have to agree with my patients responses. The lesser desirables lacked in every catagory. I have not been able to have them tested like I said I would, but after I give the three keepers another run then I will have those tested. My logic is if the patients wont use it, why test it or keep them? So phenos B,C,G and J have been culled.

The pheno that I find to be the most medicinal is pheno E. I have been laid up for the last 4 weeks with a severly herniated disc. Possible nerve damage on top of it. Pheno E was amazing for nerve pain, inflamation, sore muscles, chronic pain, headaches, sleep aid and anxiety. Some reported crashes off pheno E, but I believe that to be due to smoking to much to try to get more of a head high. This pheno was the closest comparitively to a narcotic received from a pharmacy of the group. On par with 5 mg vicodin without the fuzzy head feeling, imo. It has a bland hash scent to it and the tast kind of the same. Not a lot of expansion, no burning, very resinous and made some quality RSO(with haze mixed in).

Pheno I was the fan favorite. It smells like grapefruit and has a superb fruity taste to it. Covered in trichs and nicely packed buds, just perfect bag appeal. The high goes straight to the dome. You feel the high mostly from the shoulders up. Quick story: I visited three friends a while back. All who had been drinking hard, celebrating one of theirs birthday. I didnt partake in the party and met up with them late that night. I rolled a blizz of pheno I and got it rolling. After two times around the circle someone said "Shit, that migraine that I had all day is finally gone". I just sat quite. The other two guys were sobering up and said the headaches they were developing went away as well. Those two then proceeded to raid the cupboards. I have to say it made me very happy to see those specific effects from this one strain. Its going to make some great oil.

Last, but not least, pheno F. This plant put off rocks for flowers. The yield was a lot better than originally anticipated. Its a very hashy plant that changed tremendously week to week during the cure process.(the high changed) She holds a fruity undertone similar to pheno I and is very similar in looks as well. Ultimately, two different phenos entirely. Pheno Fs high is more of a body stone that hits you fast. Its good for chronic pain and inflamation. Still it provided a decent head high and anxiety relief. Best at 2 months cured. Side Note: Slight tolerance build up.

This is already quite a long post, but hopefully I was able to share some helpful info. Sorry I havent gotten to this sooner. Bless fam.

Good Job

Good Job TonyG on the Z7 , I guessed early that pheno F was going to be the one , I was close eh . Have you tried or tested edibles with the Z7 ?. keep up the good work .

Good Job TonyG on the Z7 , I guessed early that pheno F was going to be the one , I was close eh . Have you tried or tested edibles with the Z7 ?. keep up the good work .

Very good eye brother. You actually may be still right on your prediction. I shared this post on another forum and a guy who is familiar with high cbd plants and 1:1 ratios said that he was guessing, from my evaluations of the three keepers, that pheno f was the possible 1:1. I cant be for sure though until I can get some samples tested.

Im going to run all three again in the near future. I will put some product towards making some edibles and get back to you on that. I could confidently say that, in my personal opinion, the z6-z7 line qualifies as real medicinal cannabis.

All I did was pop 10 beans. I would love to run through a hundred or more. The search will never end. With different types of people, we will probably need thousands of different strains. So to identify with specific diseases and immune systems.

Peace

Last edited:
Hey Tony,

Sorry to hear about the back, I’ve been living with a back issue from an old athletic injury for a long time, no fun. Good info on the effects and after I logged off last night I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

It’s interesting you mention the different effects about the phenotypes, even the two that were close. I know certain things will affect certain people differently, conversely certain things will affect people the same way.

Not knowing the concise breeding of the Z7 line I’m going to go out on a limb here. From what I’ve seen, heard, and read, with the CBD lines The Crew and Shanti used quantitative analysis in the selection process. They were testing selections for the desired traits and ratios they were trying to achieve. As we know there is still going to be variation but I would imagine they are trying to dial in the genotype to achieve consistency. Even with a genotype that is more stable there is still going to be variation in phenotype.

When you are able to have the phenos you kept tested, try to find a lab that is able to test for a broad profile of compounds, not just THC, CBD. I have always believed that there is a lot going on with the beneficial compounds of this plant. At present THC and CBD and their interactions are the focus, which is good, but as more and more information is gathered this whole area of medicinal value and therapeutics could explode…for the good of all.

By the way, whatever happened with your CBD widows?

Great job man.

Not knowing the concise breeding of the Z7 line I’m going to go out on a limb here. From what I’ve seen, heard, and read, with the CBD lines The Crew and Shanti used quantitative analysis in the selection process. They were testing selections for the desired traits and ratios they were trying to achieve. As we know there is still going to be variation but I would imagine they are trying to dial in the genotype to achieve consistency. Even with a genotype that is more stable there is still going to be variation in phenotype.

I was curious on the background of the Z-series. I found this quote... Do this sound right?....

Hey PS!
The zZseries, Z6 and Z7, are back cross hybrids of The Remedy. The Remedy is a strain made by a collaboration of Mr. Nice Seedbank and Resin Seeds to produce plants with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio. Resin Seeds female Cannatonic (MK Ultra x G13/Haze) crossed to the MNS Afghan/Skunk (Nordle). Slected phenotypes of The Remedy were chosen to make Z6 & Z7.

Regular seed versions of both Z6 & Z7 were made by crossing the selected Remedy phenotypes back to the Nordle male. Feminine seed was made by crossing the selected Remedy plants with a reversed Cannatonic female. That's how Z6 and Z7 regular and female seed were made.

Cheers,
Sensi

But I think I read somewhere that the cannatonic wasn't actually (MK Ultra x G13/Haze).

-mp

But I think I read somewhere that the cannatonic wasn't actually (MK Ultra x G13/Haze).

I think that quote from Sensi is what I recall about the how the Z series was made. This is from Resin's site about Cannatonic.

"The best of both worlds, a phenotype selected from the hybrid cross between a female MK Ultra (F1) & the all time famous G13 Haze male. Grows like an Indica, smells like a Sativa, and renders you... Cannatonic."

This is what I was remembered reading. It's long and a little bit confusing, but I think he's saying is that cannatonic isn't MK ULTRA x G13HAZE, it's probably NYCD x G13HAZE or REINA MADRE:

Bienvenido al Foro CANNABISCAF
bancos&variedades (seedbank&strains) / criadores de cannabis (cannabis breeders) thread
page 13 post 190 14/09/2010 21:45 PM
posted by Raco citing CC21

This is what Jaime has told me about Cannatonic ( he looks a good guy, but a lot of unlucky mistakes by him on this one)
Hello Emilio, sorry for the delay answering.
Of course that I don´t mind answering you, it´s part of my job. I wasn´t very aware of the forums, I´ve got no time to read them and I don´t like the fact thet there is people hiding behind nicks to tell lies and write things that are not based on real facts.To be honest with you, I´ve got doubts myself about the genetics of cannatonic and altough it´s a quite long history, I´m going to explain you to clarify things a bit.
Resin seeds starts as a project between Alex ( son in law of Soma) and me in 2007. I was keeping at home all of Soma´s genetics and some of Adam´s ( TH seeds), together with selected strains from other seedbanks.After being a grower for 20 years, I had never made seeds yet; there were several factors to start:
The rise of spanish seedbanks, the genetic library at home, and a personal wish to gave a change to what I was doing for so many time(grow), to start something new and interesting (breeding)... so we tought that crossing that genetics we would have somenthing new; this was a high priority for us, as we wanted to start a innovative seedbank.
As I was very busy with my shops and grow houses, not having any experience making feminized seeds ( I didn´t know the way of using the STS ),as was the case with Alex, He suggested to hire a guy known as Jimmy ( I didn´t know him at the time and later did find out that he was the owner of Reggae Seeds).
I gave the genetics to Alex and him supposedly gave them to Jimmy to make seeds ( both regular and feminized ).We decided the crossings and months later, I think it was first of may, Alex came with the seeds ( regular and feminized, that by the way, without even today knowing who made them, I did put for sale and gave me serious troubles because there were males and hermies_ my fault as I did trust him and just tested the regular seeds_. I germed 80 regular seeds of Cannatonic ( that was the name agreed for the cross of Adam´s female MK Ultra and Soma´s G13Haze male), grow them, flowered them and selected 1.
At the same time Freeman, a good friend of the area made another selection of 50 seeds, from where we got later "Picantona" and "Dulce Canna", both with a very high average of CBD like Cannatonic.
I kept a mother from the first selection and it was from her clones that we got the sample that got 3.prize that year on the Cannabis Cup of the end of november; the sample was harvested with just 9 weeks and cured only 10 days as there was no time to enter it.While I was doing my selection I started to grow suspicious that there was somenthing weird; even if the smell was fresh, kind of haze smoking it, the taste on the mounth reminded me of Soma´s NYCD, I told this to Alex who didn´t agree with me...but well, I didn´t care much at the moment, because to be honest it was somenthing new and fresh.
I entered her in the sativa cup for diferent reasons: the way of flowering ( she stretches if you let the lights on a normal distance) with a lot of branching, haze smell, no sedative effect.... altough you can say she has somenthing of indica, the flowering period ( 9 weeks) and high production.
During that same summer, we started to put in place all the machinery needed to create a Seed Bank, from legal aspects to organization and marketing ( design, strain names, photos, magazine advertising, catalogues, posters etc, etc.That summer Alex tells me that he wanted to move to the south of Spain and that he wants to sell me his share of the seedbank; I paid him a good amounth of money in exchange of all the seeds produced.Well everything fine untill that moment, we had created a seedbank, that months later was the first spanish seedbank to win a prize in the most important cup of the world... it´s there that problems and doubts started. As soon as Cannatonic starts to be known in Spain ( after the prize and many thousand of euros invested in marketing), I start to hear in my area that Cannatonic is similar to some "Juanita", a strain that I had never hear of. I found out that this strain was making his name on the area of Gerona, because Jimmy had distributed clones trough some growshops in the area. I didn´t like it at all and I couldn´t stay without knowing if the rumours were true or not ; Alex had fooled me_ a possibility knowing his liar fame_ or Jimmy had fooled Alex.
I called Jimmy, I went to his home ( I didn´t know him) and after sampling my Cannatonic, he tells me that it´s his Juanita and that he hasn´t produced seeds for Alex, neither used that crosses of my genetics... You can imagine what I tought that moment with thousands of catalogues, packs printed and closed, a prize in the cannabis cup....
The thing is that to answer you ( and sorry about all this stuff, but you will see it´s needed to understand), the only thing I can say is that I think the seeds brought to me by Alex weren´t MK ULTRA x G13HAZE, probably NYCD x G13HAZE or REINA MADRE, that Jimmy says it´s his Juanita, even when he told me that he didn´t make seeds for Alex. In any case it can´t be the same plant than his Juanita as I selected myself the plant that entered the Cannabis Cup ( this has been confirmed to me by local growers who have sampled both); There weren´t seeds of Juanita for sale with that name untill 2010 while Cannatonic seeds where available since 2007, being myself first testing the strain with gas cromatrography to see the THC&CBD levels in 2008 Spannabis fair and that I have worked a lot, espending a lot of money to make the world know this strain, working in medicinal cannabis projects in Israel, Canada and EEUU, with great feedback on a patient level, a fact that makes me feel really good and not the rest of silly things and rumours on the forums, with all the respect for the people that gives his view with knowledge.To receive a call from Canada, to tell me that some patients have stoped taking their medication just smoking Cannatonic, makes me feel really full. Work, effort and money that others want to take advantage of, things that some people have no fucking idea of, but keep telling lies on the forums, using their anonimity.
I want to tell you that I haven´t got a good relationship with Alex long time ago, and that I have got no problem with Jimmy; I do recognise his great work,the numerous prizes he has received are a proof of this.
I hope that I´ve answered your questions, the only things I know is that the feminized seeds of Cannatonic that I produce myself now ( it´s the only way way of being sure what are you really selling, as I had allready to take 4 strains off my catalogue as you can see on my web), come from the clone I selected from the seeds that Alex brought to me supposedly from Jimmy.
From there anyone can draw his conclusions.
Greetings
Jaime Carrion
Resin Seeds.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-s...at-bred-mns-strains-make-them-higher-cbd.html

MP, you may be right. Oh boy, that link brought back some memories. As I mentioned earlier I wasn't sure of the breeding of the Z Series and will leave it at that. The important part is that the breeding is being refined by the teks being used to accomplish the goals.

Sorry Tony, didn't mean to take your thread off track.

Thats right on track, imo. That info was awesome MP. Thanks for sharing it.

I agree, BH. Having thcv and cbn(for examp.) results would probably prove beneficial. I was going to go through Grean Leaf Labs, but I am still looking around. Im going to need to flower another crop first anyways:) The promoted lab analysis on the z7 was 15%cbd, 10%thc(or vice versa) At least thats what I saw off the auction site when I bid on them.

I originally hurt myself playing basketball when I was in high school. Got undercut and landed flat on my back. Of course I just kept playing. Back injuries are nothing to fool around with. Im sure a lot of folks can relate. Im paying for it now.

The cbd widows are harvested and a few are still drying. I have pics downloaded of 6 of the phenos. I need to transfer them to the thread and explain why I did not have the best experience with that particular strain. Ill get working on that tomorrow.

Peace

great thread and bump

tonyg, did you ever get your test results back?

im still drooling over pheno E! did you ever give it a proper name?

bless up!

great thread and bump

tonyg, did you ever get your test results back?

im still drooling over pheno E! did you ever give it a proper name?

bless up!

I never had the tests done because I had to move. I reinjured my back during the SSW grow. I was partially paralyzed for a couple months...lost my phenos unfortunately. However, my male ohsk1 pollinated a reveging Z7(pheno E)😀. Only 1 bean 🙏. I just pulled it out last night to look at it, I was gonna try to germinate it today.

I haven't been on the forum in years. Something sparked a thought today. I just wanted to stop by. The cbdwidows stressed cause of a light leak. The meds were proper. I would suggest for treating any cancer type at any stage.

Peace

Back