Z7 grow diary

How are you brewing your guano tea, btw? Using a bubbler stone in a cooler?

I've been mixing mine up by hand, in gallon jugs, shaking them vigorously regularly thoughout a 24 hr period. Have had good success, but its a very manual process...would love to streamline this process a bit.

I use a 10 gal ice chest and two airstones. Ive drilled an 1/8inch hole in the lid to assist in releasing the "gases" it might create. Mix 5 gal of RO water in with 5 tbls of BioAgs Humic Acid. Then I put 1 cup of guano in a nylon stocking with 5 tbls of Aunt Patties blackstrap molasses. Im using SunLeaves International House of Guano kit and the type of guano I use depends on my judgement of what the plant is needing, during certain stages of growth. Which is close to their suggested feeding regimen. Put the stocking in the ice chest and stir it at least twice a day(just a quick stir is all thats needed). I like to steep the Bat guanos for at least 48 hrs and the Peruvian Seabird for 4 days.(It at least needs 72 hrs). When its done steeping, I dilute it into 10 gallons of Ro water and mix in a half dose of Hygrozyme. The ppms come out very consistent and usually raise another 100 ppm over the next 24 hours.

This lasts about 5-7 days with proper aeration and continued occasional stirring. Im considering adding fulvic and kelp to the mix, but that is as far I feel the need to go with additives. Proper planning makes this an extremely efficient way to keep food. I can make two batches a week, that keeps a week, for a perpetual rotation. I know there is a lot of opinion on the subject, but I believe this way to be very efficient, inexpsensive and beneficial. I wont say that I dont have room to perfect it, but I will say it works and is an easy transition from previous methods.

I just harvested the best quality plants that I have grown in 8 years of doing this. Yields increased and plant structure improved. Along with better root growth in flower and a vastly increased resistance to stress. Since I dropped pot size by half accompanied by better root growth, a strict watering schedule has to be kept. I also top dress either once or twice during flower. Usually with worm castings( 2-3 handfuls) right when induced and seabird at 30 days before harvest.(1/4 cup)

When I first started researching teas, I looked into to compost teas and just used that info towards making guano teas. Nieve way of learning something I know, still I am very content with this method. Every strain I have growing is being fed this way with possitive results.
Peace

Last edited:
The orange peel smell is pretty incredible, eh? Once dried and cured, some of the strong orange mellows out, but is still there. I ended up selecting my THC-dominant mother plant based upon strength of the orange peel smell, as it seems to correspond to strength of the pheno and potency.

The orangey ones were the high THC phenos in my garden. Potent and sleepy strain!

I need more "put you out, sleepy strains". I have a patient that could use it especially. Tge orange scent is awesome actually. Smells so good, you dont want to stop inhaling:D

Variegated Cannabis Plant?

This trait is seen in a few of the phenos on a small percentage of the plants. Pheno B is like this from head to toe. Just wanted to share and get any feedback regarding this trait. I can confirm that this is genetic and not stress related.
Peace

2012-03-31_01_30_30.jpg

2012-03-31_01_29_02.jpg

2012-03-31_01_29_26.jpg

Pheno B
2012-03-31_01_23_59.jpg

2012-03-31_01_24_45.jpg

Group shots

looks good man.. have you ever used a sulfur burner.. it will help... very nice set up

Hello Devilharvest,
Its a pleasure and thank you for the post. Besides pm control, I am not to educated on sulfur burners. The Z7's are the only ones showing this trait and 3 or 4 of them aren't showing any signs at all. I would love some education on the burner subject. Thanks again for your checking in. Take care bro. Im keeping up on your work as well and very impressive to say the least.
Peace

Last edited:
hey man.. I find sulfur useful for any molds or leaf color problems.. it can be a easy fix.. i have seen this before and I use a low dose of N 27% & plant vitally plus as a spray as well as a sulfur burner.. simple to use but can save you some worry :)

Z7 Test Results

Hey Tony,

I was fortunate enough to obtain a nice 10 pack of Z7 that look just like your tiny, little pack, label and all.

I am very interested in your test results. Comparing the test results with the pheno photos and scents will help a lot of the Z7 family og growers, like myself, get a big headstart in selecting phenos for various purposes.

Your fine work will live on!

Madjag

I forgot to mention, all the phenos will be tested at Green Leaf Labs in Oregon. Ive already emailed them with some questions and they responded back very fast. Also offered a tour of the facility. Oregon Green Free provides testing thru one of its members. An educated individual with a serious setup. Very open with his methods, so any specific questions could more than likely be answered. I have had multiple strains tested by him and he does all the testing for their contests. So, I will have two sets of test results.

Some other things, soil mix is Happy Frog, worm castings and mexican bat guano. Not a ton of guano, just a 1/4 cup in a 3 gal mix. They are under my T5s and in 4 in cups, sitting in a catch tray so I can water from the bottom. Right now photoperiod is 24 hrs of light. In a week or two, I will put them under a 1000 watt MH and on an 18/6.

Also, my start date and progress. I put them in water on the 21st and planted on the 23rd. Phenos H and C sprouted on the 28th and the rest on the 29th. Except for J, the only seed not to open before planting, which came up in the early morning on the 31st. I plan to flower the clones and keep the seed as mothers. That is, all that test well.

Z7 Test Results

Hey Tony,

I was fortunate enough to obtain a nice 10 pack of Z7 that look just like your tiny, little pack, label and all.

I am very interested in your test results. Comparing the test results with the pheno photos and scents will help a lot of the Z7 family of growers, like myself, get a big headstart in selecting phenos for various purposes.

Madjag

I forgot to mention, all the phenos will be tested at Green Leaf Labs in Oregon. Ive already emailed them with some questions and they responded back very fast. Also offered a tour of the facility. Oregon Green Free provides testing thru one of its members. An educated individual with a serious setup. Very open with his methods, so any specific questions could more than likely be answered. I have had multiple strains tested by him and he does all the testing for their contests. So, I will have two sets of test results.

Some other things, soil mix is Happy Frog, worm castings and mexican bat guano. Not a ton of guano, just a 1/4 cup in a 3 gal mix. They are under my T5s and in 4 in cups, sitting in a catch tray so I can water from the bottom. Right now photoperiod is 24 hrs of light. In a week or two, I will put them under a 1000 watt MH and on an 18/6.

Also, my start date and progress. I put them in water on the 21st and planted on the 23rd. Phenos H and C sprouted on the 28th and the rest on the 29th. Except for J, the only seed not to open before planting, which came up in the early morning on the 31st. I plan to flower the clones and keep the seed as mothers. That is, all that test well.

Ciao Tony,

Nice plants Man!!

I'm on the same Z7 boat, just 40 days earlier...i'm harvesting 5 of the 6 plants i have and in few days i cut down the last one that is the best one for me. It smells like a wildberry field!!!
I'm sure you'll be surprised of the amount of thricomes those buds can carry on!!
Just wait a lil' more...

Thanks for sharing your guano tea recepy..i was looking for something like that...Gold from the shit...eheh!

Ishence

Hey Tony,

I am very interested in your test results. Comparing the test results with the pheno photos and scents will help a lot of the Z7 family of growers, like myself, get a big headstart in selecting phenos for various purposes.

Madjag

Thanks Madjag,

Im happy to do my part. I hope to find something that can really, truley help the medical community. Im going to transplant them into 5 gal containers tomorrow, and flip to flower in a few days. They are really big, and are screaming to get out of those 1 gal bags. Good luck with yours bro.
Peace

Ciao Tony,

Nice plants Man!!

I'm on the same Z7 boat, just 40 days earlier...i'm harvesting 5 of the 6 plants i have and in few days i cut down the last one that is the best one for me. It smells like a wildberry field!!!
I'm sure you'll be surprised of the amount of thricomes those buds can carry on!!
Just wait a lil' more...

Thanks for sharing your guano tea recepy..i was looking for something like that...Gold from the shit...eheh!

Ishence

Thanks for the update on your z's brother. Im relieved to finally be flowering them(in a couple days):). I really enjoy making my own teas, I hope it works well for you. If you decide to try that route. Im going to keep trying to improve it, and I will probably not feed my plants anything else, indoors or out for as long as I continue to grow.
Peace

My Z7-Remedy Wallpaper

Wishing You All The Best Tony G ;)
Heres One I Grew Outdoors Last Summer . If Only The Summer Was Sunnier And Longer I Would Have Grown A Monster
JKP

Attachments

• MNS-Resin Seeds-CBD Crew- Z7- The Remedy-2011.jpg
    MNS-Resin Seeds-CBD Crew- Z7- The Remedy-2011.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 25
  • Z7- Outdoor The Remedy- CBD-MNS- 2011.jpg
    Z7- Outdoor The Remedy- CBD-MNS- 2011.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 46
  • sheltered Z7- Outdoor Grown- The Remedy.jpg
    sheltered Z7- Outdoor Grown- The Remedy.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 25
Im a little down on myself for what root damage there is, but they are overall very healthy. There were three other phenos with even more of a root mass, but these pics of pheno Ds are a good "inbetween" representation of all the phenos.
Thanks for the pics JKP. Love the Blue Chem.
Peace

2012-04-10_20_55_57.jpg

All 8 phenos mid way through transplanting
2012-04-12_19_42_47.jpg

2012-04-12_19_51_01.jpg

2012-04-12_19_52_04.jpg

Pheno D's roots

Last edited:
Nitin and Z7

Nitin is amazing. Please continue to keep us informed on your Z7 experience.

Ciao Tony,

Nice plants Man!!

Just wait a lil' more...

Ishence

Please excuse the delayed udate. All the phenos, except B, were put into flower on 4/18 and B was put in on 4/25. The bottom was stripped out for clones, airflow, redirection of growth, etc. The branch spacing is TIGHT on all these plants. I took up to 8 tiers in some cases. Still a ridiculous amount of plant left on each. These are very nice, bushy, vibrant plants. Im going to move them around to make space for the NH coming soon, and I will try to get individual shots. After that, my room is going to be a jungle and I will get the best pics I can. But I wont be able to move them around. Btw, all the phenos that have been in since the 18th are starting to show bud starts. Stretch should be anything to stress over and I should have a good feel on what they are going to do in a couple weeks.
Peace

Pics taken beteeen 4 and 10 days ago
2012-04-22_01_52_18.jpg

Phenos C,D,E,F,G,I and J
2012-04-22_03_24_59-1.jpg

Pheno B
2012-04-22_21_12_57.jpg

Before pruning
2012-04-24_21_21_24.jpg

After
2012-04-25_01_49_56.jpg

Hopes for the future:)

Last edited:
Great looking Z's, dude! Looking forward to seeing your progress thru flowering. Both of the main phenos of this strain are beautiful specimens, and the CBD pheno is a mainstay of my juicing regimen.

All looking good there.

I too have some Z7 seeds on their way to me soon. Great diary so far. :)

How's pheno F Doing, That was my guess early on High CBD , does it look any different from the others ?. iT's going to be a jungle eh lol

How's pheno F Doing, That was my guess early on High CBD , does it look any different from the others ?. iT's going to be a jungle eh lol

Its looking very nice. I will get you some pics tomorrow night of the individual phenos:D Take care bro. Talk to you soon.
Peace

Back