Winter days with Neville's Haze

sysadmin

Hello, and hope 2018 is treating all well, hard to believe we have spun around the sun yet again. This year's growout is of the legendary NH. Seeds were from a hamper holiday pack a few years ago. 9/11 germed and have been flowering 3 weeks, just starting to show. So far one known male, 2 females, rest unknown. As expected stretching very fast and still many weeks to go!

This male showed at approx 12 days flower, earliest by far

a female who just showed 2 days ago, also the biggest plant of the bunch

groups shot of NH, a bit crowded and could use their own light but will do fine I am sure

nevilles skunk "paranoid cut" which is the haziest plant I have and will be the standard to judge the NH females.

My favorite smoking buddy... NH is in the top 3 for me!
Great to see you on the boards again SA!
I always enjoy your posts.
Subscribed.

Shaka
M

Welcome back for another good show sysadmin.

Really wholesome to see one of your grows between a lot of annoying noise and heated arguments.

Wish you all the best.

Stay frosty Bro.... and your plants, too :D

2 more females, 2 more males, 2 unknown and still stretching. Nice looking plants mostly lighter green but a shorter one has some darker/blueish tints. Glad you all enjoy the grows, I know it is a great way to pass the winter season.

at 5 weeks flower today, ended up 6 females, 3 males. Still stretching and looking like an easy 12-15 weeks on these so will have to be patient.

group shot, all the tall sunflower like trackers are the NH

the two largest beasts, even with training will have to keep the light clear to avoid burn

smallest female

Pushing 8 weeks flower, I think these have finally stopped stretching! Jungle like sativa grow that takes up as much space as you will give them. Training with bread bag ties and stakes mostly, had to get pretty aggressive on some bending to avoid lamp burn but this strain is very hardy like that. FWIW every cutting has rooted so a good cloning strain as well. I would say an easy 8 weeks to go!

Wow bud there looking awesome đź‘Ź. I love sativas and the highs they produce not to mention yields. How long did you veg them before flower or did you go straight with 12/12 schedule.

They vegged almost 2 months before flower, but the first 6 weeks they were under a shop flouros and in tiny cups to keep them slow growing. 2 weeks under the 1000 MH before setting to flower (2 per 5 gallon bucket in organic soil mix). The stretched for a good 8 weeks or so and estimate 400-500% stretch during that time. The tallest is still stretching though! They have been fed nothing except what was in the mix as sat doms tend to be lite feeders and burn easy.

Will see on yields, generally I find sativas from seed do not yield as much as from clone and overall sativas produce lots of bud but it rarely weighs out like a commercial cropper. But NH has never really been a commercial cropper unless you luck out and find a fast flowerer. Even then I suspect the most trippy phenos are almost always head stash and rarely make it to commercial settings because the time/effort/yield is too great compared to say ye old chems, etc (which I find to be very strong but pretty one dimensional even if a cash croppers dream).

Like probably many NH growers the interest is in the trippy phenos which are rarer, but I always do very much dig a euphoric/spiritual plant which I find much more commonly in sativa haze doms.

Last edited:
Doooood. I don't know how I missed this.
Great job as always Sys!

Can't wait to see how they finish up over the next couple of months.

Subbed.

Stay hazed
Jake

They vegged almost 2 months before flower, but the first 6 weeks they were under a shop flouros and in tiny cups to keep them slow growing. 2 weeks under the 1000 MH before setting to flower (2 per 5 gallon bucket in organic soil mix). The stretched for a good 8 weeks or so and estimate 400-500% stretch during that time. The tallest is still stretching though! They have been fed nothing except what was in the mix as sat doms tend to be lite feeders and burn easy.

Will see on yields, generally I find sativas from seed do not yield as much as from clone and overall sativas produce lots of bud but it rarely weighs out like a commercial cropper. But NH has never really been a commercial cropper unless you luck out and find a fast flowerer. Even then I suspect the most trippy phenos are almost always head stash and rarely make it to commercial settings because the time/effort/yield is too great compared to say ye old chems, etc (which I find to be very strong but pretty one dimensional even if a cash croppers dream).

Like probably many NH growers the interest is in the trippy phenos which are rarer, but I always do very much dig a euphoric/spiritual plant which I find much more commonly in sativa haze doms.

I had some NH in the Dampkring in Amsterdam once. I kept thinking "this is pretty great but I am sure this could be even better".
I later found out that it was from a grower that was also active on online boards and soaked up a lot of stuff there apparently, so I was told several times that the Dampkring NH is "as good as it gets".

But I would wholeheartedly agree with you sysadmin: It is probably "as good as it gets COMMERCIALLY". I bet there are better phenos in NH that just don't yield enough or take too long to finish and thus are discarded for commercial production.

Haven't popped any of my NH yet but am sitting on about 40 of those and will probably come around to it next year. I have my fingers crossed for a pheno that isn't commercially viable but provides "dat trip haze".

But I can say that even the commercially viable NH from the Dampkring, definitely put you in that "hazy state". I like to compare it to the winter, when fresh snow just fell. Everything sounds and feels a bit different, softer, kinder. Like everything is "dampened", moves slower etc.
It was a very kind and very nice effect, it really put you in a "hazey state of mind".

Wish you best of luck in finding something like that too!

Last edited:
Pushing 8 weeks flower, I think these have finally stopped stretching! Jungle like sativa grow that takes up as much space as you will give them.
Nice log. Looking forward to seeing these flowers progress and excited to know what you find :) Are you anticipating harvesting after a certain number of weeks, or are you watching trichome development?

I had some NH in the Dampkring in Amsterdam once. I kept thinking "this is pretty great but I am sure this could be even better".
I later found out that it was from a grower that was also active on online boards and soaked up a lot of stuff there apparently, so I was told several times that the Dampkring NH is "as good as it gets".

But I would wholeheartedly agree with you sysadmin: It is probably "as good as it gets COMMERCIALLY". I bet there are better phenos in NH that just don't yield enough or take too long to finish and thus are discarded for commercial production.

Wish you best of luck in finding something like that too!

A good cut of 'Mango Haze' will get you in a very 'hazy' state :p

Your Dampkring / YS anecdote makes me question whether these so called 'elite cuts' are all they're cracked up to be. Another forum member told me he tried the cut of AG13 in Dampkring and 'wasn't blown away'. When did you smoke the Nev's Haze Bro?

Last edited:
I got some nevils in the fridge is it true it take a whole school year to finish , that's just what I kind of heard and don't think I got the room or time for that

hey all

Yeah, this coming weekend will be 90 days and will update some shots. NH is as I expected, a massive growing sativa dom that is somewhat fussy. No herm issues but the plants require some special love.

1)these things get huge on the stretch and will take over, if you do not flower them very early expect to train radically to avoid lamp burn.

2)need as much root space as possible, I doubled them up in 5gal pots and while initially they were fine it became obvious each plants wants/needs it own container. NH would probably be satisfied with a 50gal container!

3)finicky eaters, they want more than most sat doms but also would seem to benefit from a fert that has all trace nutes. I have had some mild nute deficiency leaf spotting that a good trace fert would help on but have not pursued in this round.

4)long flowerer as expected, these are going to go 15+- weeks pretty easily which is hard to dedicate that much space for generally during said timeframe.

5)these plants really want to be outside but for most of us that would be hard to pull off. Imagine these are your 15-20 footers in right settings.

Anyway to summarize a plant not for the inexperienced or impatient, a plant that will dominate grow space if allowed, a plant that no doubt will have some interesting smoke reports, so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Your Dampkring / YS anecdote makes me question whether these so called 'elite cuts' are all they're cracked up to be. Another forum member told me he tried the cut of AG13 in Dampkring and 'wasn't blown away'. When did you smoke the Nev's Haze Bro?

That must have been around '06.

I hope my plan to start a farm materializes, then I will grow some NH outdoors.

Took some not great pics during rearrangement work last night. But you should be able to see the typical haze in these. Range from 2x early types that remind me of MHI from last year, similar scents. Then at the other end some hazy setting up long flowerers with no real scents yet. Hard to really do these justice until it is time to chop, and then will try to take some good pics. 3-5 weeks to go I'd say. Some variety for sure, I would say typical aka not really stable but you want that variety in old haze.

Last edited:
Back