Widow cross most similar to Medicine Man?

kbonsai

Hello!

My favorite all time strain was a really nicely selected pheno of White rhino aka medicine man (haven't seen in 15+ years). Hard to describe flavors although reading some of the black widow description has helped me; woody, earthy, piney.

A lot of strains stem rubs on cured flowers smell very similar to how the whole jar smelled. Very unique stuff. If you have smoked the sativa leaning phenos of medicine man, which of its sisters has the most similar flavor profile; mango widow g13 widow, el nina, or possibly its mother black widow? I see the med man has BW x afghan, is it possible to find similar flavors in the g13xwidow which is afghan skunk x BW (very similar)?

Sometimes I think the black widow is really what i'm looking for; that may have been the dominant characteristic of the white rhino I loved so much.

Happy growing

Kbonsai

Hello!

My favorite all time strain was a really nicely selected pheno of White rhino aka medicine man (haven't seen in 15+ years). Hard to describe flavors although reading some of the black widow description has helped me; woody, earthy, piney.

A lot of strains stem rubs on cured flowers smell very similar to how the whole jar smelled. Very unique stuff. If you have smoked the sativa leaning phenos of medicine man, which of its sisters has the most similar flavor profile; mango widow g13 widow, el nina, or possibly its mother black widow? I see the med man has BW x afghan, is it possible to find similar flavors in the g13xwidow which is afghan skunk x BW (very similar)?

Sometimes I think the black widow is really what i'm looking for; that may have been the dominant characteristic of the white rhino I loved so much.

Happy growing

Kbonsai

Aloha brah!

Sounds like you favor the Widow. While I have not tried the G13xWidow, it should have better smells and flavors with the addition of skunk in the mix. If you are looking for something close to the MedMan, wanting better smells and flavors, why not try Shark Shock. It is BW with the addition of Skunk. It has great yields on top of the things you are desiring in a MedMan type cultivar.

Shaka
Mu

That's what's up! I have the g13xwidow on the way and looking into the shark shock. I'll keep my eye out for the black widow, maybe can grab 1 at the auctions! I'm in the US and it seems that everything here is now some variation of OG, which gets old after a while. Too many indicas here not enough sativa and everything tastes the same! My older brother who passed away about 10 years ago introduced me to smoking when I was about 14; was a hippy and regularly got herb that was so much nicer then the herb in the US marketplace today. Lime green, roadkill skunk, just way higher quality...herb grown with love.

Respect!

Kbonsai

If you are inclined toward the sativa end of the hybrid spectrum and want excellent potency, I suggest you also consider Grail Widow. I found some very nice GW plants that had woody, piney flavors after a good cure, and the quality of the smoke was outstanding.

and why not the critical widow i will try it this year

it's an afghan widow like the medicine man

I ended up grabbing a pack of medicine man. Been a long time coming!!! I'd like to try all the widow crosses but first the ones most likely to produce the nostalgia i'm looking for. Critical widow sounds awesome. Lately I've been on a haze kick, the critical haze is the first one of the critical crosses I want to try!
I'm starting a collection of Mr. Nice gear... So far; Neville's skunk, The cure, ASH, Master Kaze, Angel heart, Medicine man, G13xwidow. :D:D:D

Does the grail widow pop up on the auctions once in a while?

I don't think GW was ever released in retail. You may be able to get some direct from Shantibaba if you send him a PM. GW is nothing like MedMan and produces big Sativa plants of high potency.

Thanks for the suggestion yo!
How similar is it to Black widow? Which traits have changed/stayed the same? I think I remember reading in the description that the flavor profile is the same.

Back