Who has experience reveging?

I just revegged a cutting from a 3-4 week into 12\12 of medihaze.
It took 6-7 weeks for the 1st leaf to go into a spiral,signs of vegging from flower.
The leaves will fold or spiral up,then veg has started. Soon after that leaves and new branches will start growing.

I've been told you're better off restarting with seeds or clones because it takes several weeks for the plant to start responding to veg again. I've never done it my self though.

????? but it takes months to select a plant from seeds (& If you had a clone then you wouldn't need to reveg...) so that doesn't really makes sense to me! It may be YEARS before he finds a plant he likes as much as the one he has (you never know..)

Revegging is a piece of piss, as they say round here. It is easy. Do as you said and have patience. Eventually the buds will get stretchy and leafy and look weird. Then they will turn into shoots with 1 fingered leaves. Then 3 fingered..then 5. When you're shoots look nice and healthy take some cuttings from them. Use the best as your new mother. Hey presto.

I do it all the time with no problems. Clones took fine on all but 1 of your females?...you can guarantee that that will be the one you want to keep.

Didn't take clones from the free seeds you got with your bought packet? Then guaranteed the free seeds will turn out better..

Want to plant a gazillion females without having 2 gazillion cuttings hanging round your mother room, busting up your plant count?

There are loads of reasons why you may want to reveg. Give it a go. It is easy.

G

I want to add that every now and again you will find a plant that just won't re-veg (or maybe it would if you left it around for a year or something..)

so do try to take cuts from the vegging plant before flipping it if you can.

Well, lots of strange advice here. I have re-vegged a lot of MJ plants, some many times over. I have not seen re-veg plants produce smaller yields. If anything, they tend to produce larger yields. It depends on light and heat though. I do not add any special water or vitamins or soil or much of anything else. Not needed. What I do is... I cut the primary buds and colas in progression over several weeks from top to bottom as they mature. I then cut all the colas/flowers off the plants in a last harvest, and leave as much leaf on there as possible. This can be tricky with some strains. Then I feed them half strength higher nitrogen water soluble fertilizer, like 30-10-10. Then I park them outside in the sun if it is warm and the days are longer than 14 hours (like in April through August here in Oregon), or indoors under HID MH lights 20/4 or 24/0. I have had 100% re-veg with strong post-bloom plants in 5 gallon pots or larger. I tend to grow in pots so I can move the plants around for several reasons.

As I have said in other posts here, I grew 4 strains last year under lights in the winter 24/0 until April 1, and then set them outside where they all started blooming. They continued to bloom strongly (no re-veg) through June when I harvested them. I then left them outside in the greenhouses and fed them, and they all re-vegged within 2 weeks. They then grew much LARGER and taller, I potted some of them up from 7 gallon to 15 gallon pots, and they grew like mad and started blooming in August-September (depending on the strain). I started harvesting in late September, and moved them back under lights in October because of the early rains and cool weather here this fall. After harvesting outside or finish blooming them under the lights and harvesting, I fed them and re-vegged them under HID MH lights (400 Watts) 24/0. It took about 2 weeks before they were roaring along again. 100% re-veg. Some put out popcorn flower buds at the bottom, but I just cut those off.

These strains included: Blue Dream (Santa Cruz cut), White Widow (Dutch cut), GDP (Santa Cruz cut) and OG Kush (Ghost cut). Easy peasy. I make my own soils, basically 1/2 silty loam from my property, 1/4 rotted composted bark, leaves and sawdust, 1/8 Perlite, and 1/8 charcoal/biochar and ash. Again, nothing special, except my soil is riddled with various types of mycelium (fungus) that fruit on my property, and they are symbiotic with most plant roots. I do not root prune. I have cut many stems for cloning along the way during veg mode. My advice form my experience: leave as much leaf as you can, remove all the flowers, feed, and give them lots if light and above 75 deg. F. heat. They will do the rest.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did that too!

Has anybody here reveged any plants that were deep into flower? Took a few pots that had some bud harvested on it and left several branches with bud still on it. It has been under 24hr for 3 weeks and then back on 18/6 for another 3 weeks and has not started to reveg. 3 of the plants died.

I've reveged many cuttings and never had a problem doing so. But am having a heck of a time with these. Down to my last ones from 2 different stock.

I took 8 cuts from a Point Of No Return Mom that was about 3 weeks into flower. They rooted in soil cups pretty well, but took over a month for any new leaf growth to show. Even then it was a reveg. The clones grew their new leaves out of the old leaves on some & grew new branches under the old leaves on others. 3 of them are still not showing much.

I did read in a book that it is not a good idea to take cuts after about 10 days into flower. I took my cuts knowing that to test some soil clone buckets I made. As I said, they rooted very well, just the leaves looked like heck for a long time...

They were all under curly fluro bulbs at 18/6. Now they are under a 400w Ceramic MH.

On revegging, I reveged 3 of the Point O NR from the previous PONR ID grow. One showed new growth in about 2 weeks, one is just starting to show & the 3rd is hardly responding at all. I am going to save the fast reveg for clone Mom for OD this spring, the 2nd to throw in with some Long Bottom Leaf & Cannatonic that are just going under 12/12 this evening.

The Cannatonic plants are from feminized beans I grew last summer [2016]. One of the 'femmed' was a male. So I made some beans. Here goes nuttin! :D

For this reveg all I did was trim off as much bud as I could, leaving very little behind. I cut the central stem about in half on each. Lower branches were already cut for the above clones. Topped a few of the bigger stems. They stayed under the CMH under 18/6where they are now.

The 2nd fastest responder is going under 12/12 in a little while as I wait for the timer to get to the 'plant light is on' stage. ;)

mM

I've had to reveg several times and it's just a waiting game.
Just keep it under 24/0 of light and soon leaves will look deformed then branches start shooting out.
It will finally go back into veg then you can flip to 18/6 .
I don't like to reveg for plant grows different than one that's never been in bloom.
Sometimes revegging will cause plants to grow at a faster rate which isn't always good.

14-21 days. DJ Short has written a lot on revegging (or re Greening) as he put it. I'm currently revegging a GSCxPurple Afghan Kush in the bay window. I've added trusted Cannazym and Ecothrive Biosys and Ecothrive Charge. It's doing fine and I'll have clones off it before I stick it outdoors. It was originally grown from seed. So a great way of keeping a keeper. JKP.

I had a blueberry plant I reveged three times the first two times things went fine on the third attempt I guess it was to much for the old girl and as hard as she tried ended up dying. I would say find what you are looking for reveg once then take clones and reflower the original seed mother then be done with her , no reason in taking a chance in loosing some thing you really like a plant can only handle the stress of being reveged so many times , some handle it better then others but in the end it’s better to be safe then sorry . So learn to clone once you have it down it’s quite simple

I had an auto flower that went light schedule. Auto flower genes must have been dominated by regular light schedule ones. I was able to reveg her once. The 2nd time she had gone too far into flower & was too late to reveg. Was some dern good med.

Kief420 had some good suggestions.

mM

Put a light over it and if it has buds they will fall or pick off easily after a while.
It can take 4-12 weeks of steady 24/0 light.A 26watt CFL or similar is plenty.
The leaves will look strange and nothing like cannabis when the transition happens.
They will twist,curl,bend sideways and or have smooth edges but that’s a good sign it’s working.
Soon after weird looking leaves it’ll start growing just like it did in veg but it’ll be very branchy and nodes where you don’t want them.
Some refer to revegging as super cropping because they do grow faster and with more nodes.I can testify to the faster growth and more nodes.
Get ready to prune every other day because they will be branchy and grow faster.
Here’s a good page full of pictures.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/re-veg-monstercropping

Me my orange & Mango Haken an cut put it in a jiffi and und er 24/7 light for 4 weeks after roots apair and new Groth schon then put she into a 0,5Lpot

In my experience 24h light is great for vegetative growth in cannabis but not ideal for revegging as it does not communicate any info to the plant. I have had plants continue to flower endlessly under 24h light, even after their root ball was unrestricted, and found that exposing them to a dark period really helps signal that the spring has come.

I am feeling nice and bold today. I know that I’m going to take some verbal punches here, but you don’t have to have your light hours and dark hours equal twenty four hours. Light cycles are the most precious and tightly kept stuff!! But plants measure continuous periods of uninterrupted darkness, and not periods of illumination at all. The “alien” systems of lighting (ufo = United Family of Orlando) do not use the 24h clock, but many cheaper timers would make it hard to deviate from that. Luckily you could run the standard 18/6 or 16/8, BUT you can also run 6/6 six on and six off) and your revegging should process a bit faster - god willing!

Last edited:
In my experience 24h light is great for vegetative growth in cannabis but not ideal for revegging as it does not communicate any info to the plant. I have had plants continue to flower endlessly under 24h light, even after their root ball was unrestricted, and found that exposing them to a dark period really helps signal that the spring has come.

I am feeling nice and bold today. I know that I’m going to take some verbal punches here, but you don’t have to have your light hours and dark hours equal twenty four hours. Light cycles are the most precious and tightly kept stuff!! But plants measure continuous periods of uninterrupted darkness, and not periods of illumination at all. The “alien” systems of lighting (ufo = United Family of Orlando) do not use the 24h clock, but many cheaper timers would make it hard to deviate from that. Luckily you could run the standard 18/6 or 16/8, BUT you can also run 6/6 six on and six off) and your revegging should process a bit faster - god willing!
i think u are right the plant needs a dark period as they need doing produce sugar from photosynthese so may u are right

Are you revegging a female plant that is in flower, or one who has finished flower, or a cutting from a flowering female? Revegging cuts from a flowering female seems really easy when I’ve tried it, but trying to reveg a fully ripe female after the buds have been harvested is a bit more challenging (still possible however). I’ve had male cannabis plants that wouldn’t reveg, like an auto, also, and lots that do if caught early enough, but I’ve never seen a flowering male reveg under 24/0

Are you revegging a female plant that is in flower, or one who has finished flower, or a cutting from a flowering female? Revegging cuts from a flowering female seems really easy when I’ve tried it, but trying to reveg a fully ripe female after the buds have been harvested is a bit more challenging (still possible however). I’ve had male cannabis plants that wouldn’t reveg, like an auto, also, and lots that do if caught early enough, but I’ve never seen a flowering male reveg under 24/0
I reveged a flowering female but not fully Rippen just some buds in took a lower branch with some buds on put her under 24/7 light and after almost 4 weeks roots Apair out the jiffi that was the confirmation that the reveg was a success See my threath reveg successful

Last edited:
I’ve had male cannabis plants that wouldn’t reveg, like an auto, also, and lots that do if caught early enough, but I’ve never seen a flowering male reveg under 24/0

Is this normally a thing? How about under 18/6? I've revegged a few females just fine, but none the three males I've handled have wanted to fully go back to veg.

Is this normally a thing? How about under 18/6? I've revegged a few females just fine, but none the three males I've handled have wanted to fully go back to veg.

Yeah, some rare males can reveg if caught early enough, it is possible, but some just won’t under my care coke back from the cliff. The males that have revegged were barely flowering and had a strong short dark cycle. Light cycles are fun to play with; no need for a 24h day other than the convenience of cheaper timers. Plants only measure darkness hours and never light hours, so imo the only hope for a male is to trim the flower quickly and make sure it has frequent dark cycles. The genus has so many variants, I’m sure there are exceptions, but I don’t know if any better information at this time.

Edit:

Even a cheap 24h timer can do 6/6 twice a day, exposing it to more dark cycles to produce anti-floragen and not giving it copious light to devote to flowering.

Thanks for the write-up. I'll try a split schedule and keeping them trimmed next time. I'd like to be able to hold dads as well as moms.

Back