Who has experience reveging?

Good advice from Stone Splitter. Your screen would work well just, like was said, watch the heat till she shows substantial new growth. I didn't see any thing posted that would hurt yer gal.

Take what ideas that fit your situation. I think you'll be OK.

Great shots Joe King. Very helpful.

mM

I find as long as you leave enough leaf matter, within 2 weeks of 24hr light you will have substantial new growth. If your plant was health you shoulf have a very well developed root system. I would say it probably grower error if you have a plant die.

Ive heard some people say to restart with new seed, as thats faster but I dont see that. My last mum I was able to take 50 cuts off , 6 weeks after being harvested. Id like to see a seed plant do that.

I find as long as you leave enough leaf matter, within 2 weeks of 24hr light you will have substantial new growth. If your plant was health you shoulf have a very well developed root system. I would say it probably grower error if you have a plant die.

Ive heard some people say to restart with new seed, as thats faster but I dont see that. My last mum I was able to take 50 cuts off , 6 weeks after being harvested. Id like to see a seed plant do that.

thing is, those people who say just re start from seed would have 50 huge plants after those 6 weeks it took you to get those 50 cuts vrs your 50 cuts being small

the arguments/theories have plus n minuses on both sides and are ultimately left up to what works for each individual grower

peace

True yowser, I guess the idea of finishing from seed is foreign. Why I have 50 different plants when you can 50 of the same. To each his own.

I like to have a few strains handy all the time. I smoke one for 2-3 nights then go to another. That way I don't build up a tolerance. Plus every harvest I just gotta test them all. :D

Word of the day, do what works for ya. ;)

mM

Agree with you there med, I just meant seeds of the same strain. I currently have 4 straims, but all are 1 mom of each.

Sounds like yer gonna do some clones. I was talkin stash. :)

I need to get set up for some cloning. Sheesh, it's already time to plan for next summer & I still have OD branches to strip for kief. I guess if it wasn't for being behind I wouldn't be moving at all. So it seems sometimes.

Clones are good for controlling the male to female ratio. ;) I thought I'd pulled all them males. :eek: Oh well, I gotta lot of seeds, guess I'll make canna sprouts to eat.

Have a good one. Hope all goes 10x's better than you hope. That was my story this summer. I still have a ton of hours to spend manicuring. Still, It's a bother I can live with.

mM

I once took clones from White Widow plants 5 weeks into flower. Rooted fine but also took 5 weeks to show a normal grow pattern.

What happened then was that several weeks into flower half of them showed genetic deficiencies producing abnormal big yellowing leaves and buds without any oil or even black pistils before dying off.

For good strong plants you simply need cuttings from a winner.

Ive tried a few reveg in the past and failed but last 4 attempts have been very good with using leds to reveg ,i just stuck the plant with a few small buds left in the corner and forgot about it for two weeks and boom they start vegging,i think the led is the reason .dont know why?

Has anybody here reveged any plants that were deep into flower? Took a few pots that had some bud harvested on it and left several branches with bud still on it. It has been under 24hr for 3 weeks and then back on 18/6 for another 3 weeks and has not started to reveg. 3 of the plants died.

I've reveged many cuttings and never had a problem doing so. But am having a heck of a time with these. Down to my last ones from 2 different stock.

Has anybody here reveged any plants that were deep into flower? Took a few pots that had some bud harvested on it and left several branches with bud still on it. It has been under 24hr for 3 weeks and then back on 18/6 for another 3 weeks and has not started to reveg. 3 of the plants died.

I've reveged many cuttings and never had a problem doing so. But am having a heck of a time with these. Down to my last ones from 2 different stock.

Hi mate,

just seen ure post. hope you managed to get something sorted.
What ya feeding them ?
Either way, hope you managed to save something buddy.
Happy Xmas to all.

FM

Usually just a little water if it even needs it. Sometimes I wouldn't water them for 2 weeks. Just was no uptake of water or nutrients.
I now have a very mild solution of 20-20-20 around 150 ppm when I do water my last 2. Still neither one has started to reveg but are getting browner like it's at the end of it's life or something.

Usually just a little water if it even needs it. Sometimes I wouldn't water them for 2 weeks. Just was no uptake of water or nutrients.
I now have a very mild solution of 20-20-20 around 150 ppm when I do water my last 2. Still neither one has started to reveg but are getting browner like it's at the end of it's life or something.

Use higher nitrogen fertilizer and less of the other numbers. Took 6-8 weeks for mine. Keep them warm and well ventilated as well.

I found that putting a clear plastic bag over the plants with a few holes in it helps! .....The new growth is very sensitive, like a seedling imo

& happy new year ppl! :)

Anyone reveg successfully?

Found a killer SSH, one of a kind I'd say, super strong longest lasting high, taste, smell, look ... got it all.

4 hours lifted at a clip easily ... the problem is, got no clone so I want to reveg.

I know the drill.

After harvest, leave a few bottom branches and bud, flush medium, add some veg nutes, and throw under veg (mainly blue) lights. 20 on 4 off.

I'm curious if any of you have reveged successfully (or know those who did), and how you did it and/or what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

A mate of mine grew an old C4 cut outdoors after rescuing a few sickly plants from another guy. She responded well under his handling and turned out to be a definite keeper…unfortunately no foresight led to no cutting off her.

man let her finish outdoors (in a pot) but left a few branches on like you have suggested.. put her inside under hps (not even a halide) and re-vegged her. It took a while and I am not 100% sure of all the things he may have done but she come back to life.. He is not the most experienced grower in the world either and feeding is mostly organic with a bit of GHE 3 part here and there. He grew her out again this season, in the same pot!! with added soil and nutes..

I took some cuts from her in early flowering and now have them inside, week 2 of flower. The cuttings didnt take forever to root either, 10 days or so. I also took some cuts from these cuts in veg and they are healthy moms.

My mate just took down the outside mother. Almost impossible to believe that an outdoor plant in a 60 litre pot budded out 2 seasons and provided many clones that have gone on to produce many healthy plants with no hermaphroditism (yet). And who even knows the history of the strain before my mate got hold of it.. A total afghani she is. I am guessing that this may not be as easy to do with a finicky hazy sativa.

I have a NY purple diesel that has been in my possession for the last 2 years. She is a slightly finicky plant and quite sensitive to the light cycle and will put out flowers under 18/6…20/4 minimum it has to be for her. I have re-vegged her twice successfully (due to unforeseen circumstances and her light sensitivity) and have gotten many cuts off her in this time.

At the moment I have been trying to rescue her from a horrible pest infestation and then a 3rd reveg on top of that… it has been a very slow process and i really hope she can pull through because she is a wonderful strain, but then again I suppose i haven't given her as much attention as she deserves..

long story short, these plants are pretty hardy and will continue to live as long as you give them the right amount of love coupled with the right amount of research.

some strains can come back to veg others go well mutant before re vegging and some strains just do not cut it from my experience
for instance have a male keeper worth its weight in gold flipped to 12 /12 to sex but it appears that it just does not want to re vert after 2 months on 24 hr cycle still does not want to revert still producing sacks new growth etc have topped the late stage shoots with excessive sacs and only to find new growth showing sacs
It baffles me so today i plan to take cuttings from lower shoots that appear not to have as many sacs in hopes of keeping this male for further breeding projects,, s for actual male plant just going to to flip and collect pollen and take it on the chin lets hope cuttings possibly revert
Its my last resort not going to keep trying to revert it back as it was only 2 maybe 3 weeks on 12 /12 to begin with its well over 10 weeks on 24 hr lighting with no significant change

hey bagwell

this quite an interesting scenario. I hope that you can salvage this dude and equalise him…otherwise you will have to do the pollen run & store well. Possible ruderalis in this gene?

Back