What's a good book you couldn't put down?

...says the man with the eensy, weensy, teeny, tiny...

View attachment 60502
It helps to give extremely long forplay up to a point where neighbours buy a megaphone to shout back to shut her up.
It happens...

It takes seduction, hypnosis, digging in and finishing it off by letting your primal instincts go. To go primal is vital. When that energy is there, give in fully and please her up to the walls till the bed is soaking wet and not from sweat no no no.
There is one flower I love more I guess lol

Fundamentals of Pharmacology
https://www.amazon.com.au/Fundamentals-Pharmacology-eBook-Shane-Bullock-ebook/dp/B07D6RXQK5

Don't buy it this is the only good part :ROFLMAO:
the example about Alexander Fleming reminded me of Albert Hofmann but they wouldn't mention that haha...

An Historical Perspective
Pharmacology is a branch of medical science which deals with the properties and characteristics of drugs. It is particularly interested in the actions and effects of these chemicals in the human body.

The use of drugs for medicinal and social purposes mirrors the course of human history itself. In fact, it probably even pre-dates human history, as evidence of drug use seems apparent among other animals (particularly chimpanzees). The methods used to identify useful pharmacological agents involve trial and error as well as careful observation. Indeed, many valuable therapeutic agents were discovered serendipitously during a scientific investigation carried out for other purposes. A famous example of this is the discovery of penicillin by Alexander Fleming.

From the most primitive human communities to the most civilised, there exists a drug culture. Drugs are used for recreational, religious and medical purposes. The first systemic register of medicines dates back to the ancient Greek and Egyptian civilisations. In all societies, it is apparent that the individuals who make and administer these agents posses power and influence over their fellows.

The age of natural substances
Probably the earliest known substance used because of its profound effects on the human body is alcohol. In fact, the process of fermentation is illustrated on pottery from Mesopotamia made around 4200BC. While the Mesopotamians would have been aware of the physiological effects of fermented beverages , it is a matter for conjecture as to whether or not alcohol was ascribed any medicinal properties. We had to wait a couple of millennia before medicinal uses were documented. Alcohol has been used as a skin antiseptic, rubiefacient, an appetite stimulant, a gastric acid stimulant, an analgesic, an anaesthetic and a tocolytic agent. One famous literary example of alcohol's medicinal use is in the Bible in a letter from St Paul to Timothy: "...use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thin often infirmities." Today, while the social use of alcohol dominates any therapeutic applications that might remain, there is some evidence that St Paul's words contain and element of truth.

The period in which therapeutic agents were derived from plants is by far the longest, the first recorded use dating back to around 2700 BC. Every culture throughout history has used plant derivatives such as the leaves , fruit, bark, roots, flowers and sap as a means to heal.

Drugs such as atropine, ergotamine, curare, morphine, reserpine, cocaine, marijuana, and many others were extracted from such sources. Indeed, the origins and uses of just a few of these substances broadens the view of pharmacology, and reminds us that there is more to this area of study than simply popping pills into sick people's mouths.

It helps to give extremely long forplay up to a point where neighbours buy a megaphone to shout back to shut her up.
It happens...

It takes seduction, hypnosis, digging in and finishing it off by letting your primal instincts go. To go primal is vital. When that energy is there, give in fully and please her up to the walls till the bed is soaking wet and not from sweat no no no.
There is one flower I love more I guess lol

Who is in the house? Barry White is in the house !

On topic:
csp_9781771641111_270.jpeg

Available in English and German

Last edited:
Off topic:
41Q8u0cMlGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available in many languages.
Usually i only read a book once if its for 'entertainment' but this one had at least 3 runs...

Amazing story and if you read between the lines seems to carry some hidden history of that time. An adventure aswell as a roundtrip to the ancient cultures surrounding egypt.

Last edited:
Under a Lucky Star- Roy Chapman Andrews

“Andrews is best remembered for the series of dramatic expeditions he led to the Gobi of Mongolia from 1922 to 1930. Andrews took a team of scientists into previously unexplored parts of the desert using some of the region’s first automobiles with extra supplies transported by camel caravan.
Andrews’s expeditions to the Gobi remain significant for, among other discoveries, their finds of the first nests of dinosaur eggs, new species of dinosaurs, and the fossils of early mammals that co-existed with dinosaurs
.”
1708783398921.jpeg

Most of my martial arts collection.
View attachment 55171
There's even one written by me on the far right ;)

The Book of Five Rings? LOL!! I thought your handle had a familiar ring. Awesome collection! My favorite one among them all is the I Ching; although I can't say I practice what it teaches, with any rigorous consistency; though it has profoundly influenced my thinking over the past few decades; yet not to the point of becoming a communist. That's never going to happen!

If I had to pick just one book off your shelf there, to keep me company on a deserted island, for the rest of my life, it would be the I Ching. All the ancient Asian sages (wise-men) were profoundly inspired by it. The secrets of kung-fu & qigong are contained in it. When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear. The Hidden Dragon of the heart will appear to reveal the secrets.

Cheers, Master Musashi! - FF

Last edited:
I remember searching for the I-Ching in bookshops after I heard Dylan referencing it in a song.

Unfortunately I could never find a second hand copy (sure sign it is a good book in my experience)

and the new ones were always a bit too pricey for me at that time.

When the student is ready the teacher will appear has always been a favourite of mine.

Maybe I wasn't ready for it way back when, as Bobby would say in his wonderful mid-western drawl .

Good day / evening to you all, who love a good book, big or small.

These books, listed below, appeal to a higher nature, and realization (of your inherent) power & skill. No one can acquire a practical knowledge and experience of their deep lessons and not become a better person & gardener by it, if it is applied in that direction.

While I wouldn't classify them as books "I couldn't put down so much as important books to read more than once in a lifetime; and worthy of frequent consideration, if only in parts:

1.) The Amazing Secrets of the Yogi
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Charles%20F.%20Haanel%20-%20Amazing%20Secrets%20Of%20The%20Yogi.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiX542qgNmEAxUbRjABHXpaCXEQFnoECBsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1efCFA0Zkp6TVUWBFB65XK

2.) In Tune with the Infinite
A. http://iapsop.com/ssoc/1920__trine___in_tune_with_the_infinite.pdf
B. https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=osu.32435002621548&seq=11
C. https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.176007/page/n2/mode/1up

3.) Secret Life of Plants
A. https://archive.org/details/TheSecretLifeOfPlants_201811
B.
4.) Emerson's Essays

Cheers! - FF

Last edited:
I'm looking for a book about breeding that is a easy read.
Kinda like a dumbed down style that gives insights but doesn't go into the molecture structure of dna.
if ya know what i mean, just to give my brain something to start thinking about...
/steve

Back