What is this bug please?

lozac123

Hi guys, some of you may have seen in the Zumani thead I've been battling with fungus gnats from the get go for my most recent grow. I have dried back my soil massively, but yesterday noticed that there appeared to be some white bugs that I am not so sure are fungus gnats.

Yesterday I gave a BTI soak to the soil, both the plants in the pots and the soil in the container.

I think they may be aphids. Are they? Is my living soil mix ruined/ will I need to start again? Can I dab each leaf in vodka and spray with neem/ castile soap and all will be ok?

Link to the video, they are tiny and super hard to see. Towards the end of the video the insect gets a lot clearer:

a few screenshots:
1719929928367.png1719929995999.png
1719929928367.png

1719929995999.png

thanks all!

Iam filling bigger bucket full of netlles , then pour water in it and close by some improvised lid, mixing every day,, using after it starts to stink of real bad shittery..
Doing wonders, and can also be used as kind of fertilizer, yet very hot one.

Dont know about other methods myself tho

Each other day living together with these is becoming lost battle...
I hope you will not have to fight them for long..

tip: when I last saw these, when I aproached with one mean of fight, I had another method as a backup, and another as backlup of backup (even garden store chemistry closeby)

Iam filling bigger bucket full of netlles , then pour water in it and close by some improvised lid, mixing every day,, using after it starts to stink of real bad shittery..

tip: when I last saw these, when I aproached with one mean of fight, I had another method as a backup, and another as backlup of backup (even garden store chemistry closeby)
Good tip Ptree, at the very least I think I might get some pyrethrin type spray as a last resort.

I'll definitely try making the nettle mix, I always remember my Dad making it and it absolutely stunk šŸ¤£

that it :)

Good tip Ptree, at the very least I think I might get some pyrethrin type spray as a last resort.

I'll definitely try making the nettle mix, I always remember my Dad making it and it absolutely stunk šŸ¤£
Oh, and one more way of treatment...

My exGf was killing these suckers barehand, simply catching them and squeezing, I then washed each leaf and each part of plant separately using kitchen sponge lightly filled with dish wash detergent and bit of soap.
Each day for atleast a week, but my plants were really small at that point, still it only bought some time, till I got some chemistry :D

Dont lose your head over it, fight and remember, help the plant fight aswell..

So ptree I am at the state of my nettle mix literally smells of cow shit. Just mixed it, didnt get any on my hands but pushed the lid of the tub- 3 hand washes later my hands still stink!!

If this is a hot mix, how much would you recommend using, I just had a quick google and they'd suggested 1:500. Would that be about right, 10ml to a 5 litre container? (2 tsp to a gallon?)

Also, is this likely to stink out my house?? Probably a good test for the carbon filter mind :p

So ptree I am at the state of my nettle mix literally smells of cow shit. Just mixed it, didnt get any on my hands but pushed the lid of the tub- 3 hand washes later my hands still stink!!

If this is a hot mix, how much would you recommend using, I just had a quick google and they'd suggested 1:500. Would that be about right, 10ml to a 5 litre container? (2 tsp to a gallon?)

Also, is this likely to stink out my house?? Probably a good test for the carbon filter mind :p
10/100 in spray 30/100 in fertilizer

How to grow PESTICIDE-FREE Cannabis by working with Predatory Insects for Pest Management!

Never tried this before but it looks effective for outdoor grows. Not sure I'd want to bring them indoors, though.

Same as freedom, looks very effective but couldnt imagine having them in my house!!

That's a good one. Freedom doesn't come free & easy. We fight & strive for it, like the pest "free" garden. Once the food supply dries up, I guess they either die-off, or move on in search of food. Would be a dream, though, to never need to spray again, for pest control.

Back