What a pleasure!

blowingupjake

Mothership Connection
I will preface this by saying I only purchased the Walkabout to fill the 3 auction minimum for free shipping.

Then, I only ran it to make sure I had my new set up in good working order.

Well butter my biscuit.... I found some nice plants!

The range of phenotypes in the Walkabout is a BLAST! Seriously- the description fits it well. A couple shorties, a couple leggy broads and a few in-between.

I will be focusing on 2 of the 4 I have going.

The first is perhaps the most beautiful plant I have ever grown. Definitely the most sativa/exotic thing to ever grace my garden.

The second plant is hybrid all the way. And smells awesome! Like berries and sherbert with hash sprinkled on top. I first noticed her in veg, when she showed pistils and trichomes before any other plant in the garden.

All you long time MNS faithful, what do you think? The sativa one kind of looks like some examples in patrickstars mango log, but not quite.

In the end I could care less what they are. At only 3 weeks of flower I couldn't be happier with my 9euro seed pack!!!!!!

That's all for now ..

Jake

Last edited:
I fail to see how a Gorilla Glue super hybrid balla fire kush whatever plant looks any better than what you found in your pack of walkabout.

Highly impressed and happy I got a pack of walkabout and dreamtime myself to look through when I ran all those other seeds.

Nice picks Bro and nice finds in the Walkabout!

As to what strains they could be representing, gotta ask the others. Don't have enough experience with MN strains myself, yet :D

I fail to see how a Gorilla Glue super hybrid balla fire kush whatever plant looks any better than what you found in your pack of walkabout.

It's all hype I got some GG#4 straight from the dispesary from a guy working for them it was good for sure but not the best but just like GSC you hype it up enough you get more money for it when most will say GSC ain't no better than a good OG. I'm still going to try a cut of GG#4 come spring see if I can outdo the dispesary cause most say they ain't that good.

But with them genetics. "a mixture of Thai, skunk, Mexican, New Guinea and Haze" He uses 3 lines he don't use in anything else so no telling what you got the second picture has a structure almost like a Skunk but mixed with a little sativa could be wrong but if I where to guess...

I think that's part of the magic of Walkabout.
Not being able to say 100% which strain you got and knowing some of the seeds are stuff that is not being used elsewhere and the possibility to stumble upon something truly different as well.

Not what I plan to grow at the moment but no doubt one day I will be very excited about going on my own Walkabout :D

And yes, I believe you Al. I can't back up my beliefs with experience yet, like you can, but what you say seems logical and plausible to me: A lot of it is just hype.

I believe the hype around these strains, be it GSC, GG#4 as well as OG Kush in general and all those Diesels etc.:
It all seems to come from the Chemdawg hype which seems to be a bit of an American thing.

I would have loved to get some Chemdawg seeds but the only "pure" ones worth a damn come from Reservoir Seeds and can only be gotten as more than 5 year old seeds from the Bou. Add to that the bad karma associated with those seeds... I passed ...

Currently looking to acquire some varieties from Rare Dankness to see what all the OG Kush craze is about. I have never gotten any in Europe and just want to be able to talk about it from experience, or be blown away by it. Let us see :D

Dunno why I can't see your pics, Jake.

Lol lots of hating on clone selections in this thread. Top 1% clones are top 1% clones, no matter the genetics. Folks should grow an elite clone selection or 3 before telling other folks they are no better than some other clones/seeds they haven't grown. There is more to OG/Chem than hype, its the worlds best weed. California is where the weed grows like wine & it's been the most sought after flower for 20 something years.

Hating on OG today is like hating on Haze in 1999. Get over it & grow some. :)

EDIT - Pics came up after I posted. Weird, I've looked in here a half dozen times & it's the first time the pics came up.

Last edited:

Highly impressed and happy I got a pack of walkabout and dreamtime myself to look through when I ran all those other seeds.

Nice picks Bro and nice finds in the Walkabout!

As to what strains they could be representing, gotta ask the others. Don't have enough experience with MN strains myself, yet :D

Bro, thanks for the kind words! I've run better plants- But ultimately, this is all about value! I've paid more for a single clone of "elite" genetics than I did for a pack of 22 seeds.
I think if my primary purpose for growing was commercial I'd be unamused by all of this. Names and bag appeal sell.

Since I grow primarily for myself and out of sheer love for the plant I am more than happy. The short one may earn a rotational spot in my garden if it keeps on at this rate.

You will enjoy your Walkabout, when ever you go that way.

It's all hype I got some GG#4 straight from the dispesary from a guy working for them it was good for sure but not the best but just like GSC you hype it up enough you get more money for it when most will say GSC ain't no better than a good OG. I'm still going to try a cut of GG#4 come spring see if I can outdo the dispesary cause most say they ain't that good.

But with them genetics. "a mixture of Thai, skunk, Mexican, New Guinea and Haze" He uses 3 lines he don't use in anything else so no telling what you got the second picture has a structure almost like a Skunk but mixed with a little sativa could be wrong but if I where to guess...

The only big name, popular cuts I mess with is Sour Diesel. I scored a bag seed from dispensary bud and have crossed that girl to an unknown male (supposedly purple urkle... You see my suspicion) and only did that because she was the first chem/diesel/ Og I've run that lived up to the hype.

It's all about the money, man. You nailed it.

Dunno why I can't see your pics, Jake.

Lol lots of hating on clone selections in this thread. Top 1% clones are top 1% clones, no matter the genetics. Folks should grow an elite clone selection or 3 before telling other folks they are no better than some other clones/seeds they haven't grown. There is more to OG/Chem than hype, its the worlds best weed. California is where the weed grows like wine & it's been the most sought after flower for 20 something years.

Hating on OG today is like hating on Haze in 1999. Get over it & grow some. :)

EDIT - Pics came up after I posted. Weird, I've looked in here a half dozen times & it's the first time the pics came up.
I think you are mostly correct. I will choose SFV OG over anything if I see it on a shelf in the shop. Most of us never get the killer, amazing, worth the hype phenotypes in our gardens. I went through countless OG or Chem clones from many sources before I lucked out and got a nice bag seed.

All that being said, if anyone in Denver wants to share a killer cut, I've got the room ;)

So, Pat, now that you saw a pic. Does the sativa girl remind you of anyone you've seen?

Hard to tell much from that picture, but for sure you can find some sativa oriented plants in WA. In the two runs of seed done so far, I did not find any keepers but plenty of interesting plants. One theory is they are mixed female parental bred to one early male skunk which ensures they mostly finish in 10 weeks or less. So far in the plants run there have been no long running 12+ weekers that you might normally see in haze crosses so this theory may have some weight. The early skunk male would ensure outdoor harvests of at least some of the plants in most areas. But just a guess, nobody can say for sure.

Either way let us know the smoke report when puffing commences.

Looks like it's got a ton of early resin, whatever it is! :D For hazes, I really only know SSH & LaNina 'intimately'. That is to say I've seen the plants in seed & clone form & run lots of offspring. I had an abusiveOG/G13HzC seedline that I took a hazy male & pollinated a bunch of things, including like 5 ssh's haha.

I dunno what it is, & I like to see them for what they are. I had a male from a pack of dreamtime that was such a standout - structured & vigorous plant and REEEEEEKED of haze as a small plant. I ddin't use him, cause I didn't 'know' what he was. I should have just let the seed do the talking. I still remember that lil male - unflowered & everything after all these years and all the plants I've done since.

What's the smell like, Jake? I had a sativa dom Shit cut that was all lemon funk that looked like yours a little by ~25ish days. The way the big fans look where they branch off the fanstem reminds me of LaNina & the way the resin stripes up reminds me of a Spice that I got on my first HiD run ever. She & her offspring were soooo frosty :) Hope that helps narrow it down, haha :D

PS, +1000 on SFV. Give me jars of everything (except the uptown haze, I've never had a jar of it :p ) & I will want to smoke the SFV 95% of the time. My nose & soul just don't get tired of the terps, & the strength is up there with the best cuts I;ve ever picked. & I;ve picked cuts from MrN that have made cats white out & puke from lil blunts. The best of the best of the best weed carries a special vibe to it. It's like a sacrament. SFV & Uptown haze (pif) are that way for me :D

Hard to tell much from that picture, but for sure you can find some sativa oriented plants in WA. In the two runs of seed done so far, I did not find any keepers but plenty of interesting plants. One theory is they are mixed female parental bred to one early male skunk which ensures they mostly finish in 10 weeks or less. So far in the plants run there have been no long running 12+ weekers that you might normally see in haze crosses so this theory may have some weight. The early skunk male would ensure outdoor harvests of at least some of the plants in most areas. But just a guess, nobody can say for sure.

Either way let us know the smoke report when puffing commences.

I've looked through your log a few times trying to match mine to yours, but so far I don't see any doppelgangers.

I tend to agree with that theory. I doubt Shanti would call a random mix anything other than random mix. I wonder if he ever found a true keeper in this line.

Thanks for stopping in!

Looks like it's got a ton of early resin, whatever it is! :D For hazes, I really only know SSH & LaNina 'intimately'. That is to say I've seen the plants in seed & clone form & run lots of offspring. I had an abusiveOG/G13HzC seedline that I took a hazy male & pollinated a bunch of things, including like 5 ssh's haha.

I dunno what it is, & I like to see them for what they are. I had a male from a pack of dreamtime that was such a standout - structured & vigorous plant and REEEEEEKED of haze as a small plant. I ddin't use him, cause I didn't 'know' what he was. I should have just let the seed do the talking. I still remember that lil male - unflowered & everything after all these years and all the plants I've done since.

What's the smell like, Jake? I had a sativa dom Shit cut that was all lemon funk that looked like yours a little by ~25ish days. The way the big fans look where they branch off the fanstem reminds me of LaNina & the way the resin stripes up reminds me of a Spice that I got on my first HiD run ever. She & her offspring were soooo frosty :) Hope that helps narrow it down, haha :D

PS, +1000 on SFV. Give me jars of everything (except the uptown haze, I've never had a jar of it :p ) & I will want to smoke the SFV 95% of the time. My nose & soul just don't get tired of the terps, & the strength is up there with the best cuts I;ve ever picked. & I;ve picked cuts from MrN that have made cats white out & puke from lil blunts. The best of the best of the best weed carries a special vibe to it. It's like a sacrament. SFV & Uptown haze (pif) are that way for me :D

Well, you may have narrowed it down some. The smell on the Sativa girl is straight Haze and lemons. Smells awesome. It seems to be starting to really pack on new pistils so hopefully the big stretch is over.

I think all of us have that one strain that we dream of when it's not in our lungs. For us mid west/west coast Americans I bet just about everyone would agree that smoke is from the Chem family tree. I'd agree with them. Especially the SFV. Got any clones? I've got some nice Walkabout cuts to trade! LOL

Jake

I used to have lots of clones, SFV included. Now I'm hunting thru 20 ladies to find 1 or 2 to run with for a bit in a non med state. I was doing well as a clone provider in CA before I moved last summer. List when I left looked something like:

ECSD, Exodus Chz, SFV, SC B.Dream, Forum Cookies, Bubba, Casey Jones, WiFi, XXX, Cherry Pie, Banana OG, Larry (dunno if it was legit or cali connect but was flame), Kali Mist, GG4, Valentine X (6:1 CBD), Afgoo, & I had a hazy cut of SSH x (AbusiveOG x g13/Hz).

That list is after 3 years picking up running & dropping clones. Ran through ~1/2 of darkheart's menu at one point. Dropped way more than I kept. If I could only run outdoors, give me Cherry Pie. If I had mad bills to pay give me wifi. If I was forced to smoke my whole crop, it's SFV all day hahaha!! [EDIT - Actually the ECSD fits all those bills, too, but I would prefer smoking SFV over east coast sour D for extended periods]

Here in non med ville, I'm looking for a practical sativa & a nice smoking commercial clone. It could be the same plant, then I could look for the second best plant, no matter what it may be, or just move on to new seeds!! :D

Last edited:
That's quite a list! I've heard a lot of varying opinions on darkheart, a guy here in town claims to have one of their ghost OG... I'm tempted....

The one thing I've learned is that there is no perfect plant and humans bore easily. I've seen people give away awesome mother plants simply because they were tired of running that line or thought there was something better past the horizon. My second ever plant was a sage n sour courtesy of one of my mentors. Sure wish I was cloning back then. I miss that gal, she would be nice with all the sativa expression in my room right now...

I'd try a ghost OG cut if I could get one locally & safely. Why not? Worst case is you run a lil one & it's not stable & you trash it. Best case is its a 28% beast with another 28% terps hahaha. What's the clone scene like for med & rec there? Can you just outright buy clones at rec shops? In CA, only some of the med shops have clones. I had my biz through word of mouth, local advertising & supplying a couple of collectives/clubs. Clone biz is good biz if you can get it. Getting paid on your crop 3-4 weeks from when you cut the clone & never needing more than t-5 lighting & dashes of nutes is win.

Darkheart is like anywhere else, some good, some meh. The nice thing about them is that if you misjudge or lose a clone, you can go get the same thing from them 99% guaranteed.

The clone scene is best in the private grower/black market world still.

You can get clones from 20$ up at rec shops and when I had my med card it was a few bucks cheaper, but much better cuts. In general the rec side is lame, but most growers here are new to the state and new to cultivation and just drool over the names taped to the planter. A lot of real growers are disappointed when they get here and realize the quality is literally all over the board. I have bought 3 clones off the rec shelf and all three were disappointing.
It makes sense though, right? Sell the people the shitty phenos, they come back disappointed with their harvest and continue to spend money. Most people in the business here are all money and no care. When my favorite dispensary changed hands and the compassionate owners left I decided to call it and let my license expire. I've been growing more and making a few trips to the rec shop or buddies house from time to time... Now that I have upgraded to a much bigger setup I will no longer need the trips to the store in between.

The worst thing about Colorados rec matket is the lack of a cure on flower. Store bought buds are like smoking tires. They get you high and usually smell nice but Jesus, my throat hates me every time I get an eighth.

I would love to go into the clone business. A few guys here do it in that grey area and make good money, but they charge a lot(relative) for anything good.
I have some other ideas cooking on how to collect my share of all the ganja money. I will share more info once my business is official and licensed.

Holy smokes!
The indica dominant Walkabout is more blueberry than cannabis!

Freaking awesome! Just over 4 weeks and stanky. I smell blueberry as soon as I walk in the room. It's odour is stronger than 12 other plants in the same room. Awesome stuff.
I will update with pictures later on today!

Jake

Lol insane,

Mr. Nice really does provide everything hu?
I searched FOREVER until I found a reputable source for Blueberry seeds.
Who knew I could've found that in a pack of walkabout :D

Makes me feel hopeful for my Bubblegum search in Nl5xSkunk and Critical Mass (as Neville the prophet foretold, this is where I shall find Bubblegum, I know believe :D ).

Nice, dude :cool: Looks like a shit plant. I mean it's probably Shit. Wait er umm your plant.. it could be shit... :p I say that based on looks & your blueberry + LOUD description. I had a cranberry bread/muffin + dead skunk smelling shit plant that is the basis for my own f2's & f3's.

Keep the pics coming :)

Back