• 08.Mango

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 09.Bubblegum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10.Purple Punch x Wedding Cake

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should try French mussels from britany or Normandie they grow them on wood pillards.
I also like their herrings a lot.... Especially the new ones at the season opening.
Belgium chocolate is top notch too... The only thing I hate is their kroketens en meatball you buy in the little windows...it's an abomination!
Haha not too bad with mustard the kroketen

The only thing I hate is their kroketens en meatball you buy in the little windows...it's an abomination!

Ahahahaha! I understand, knowing you're French.
But it's a 100% pure cultural festivity. I survided on "Belgian frietkotten" for years..
Frikadel special 4 president! :D

I haven't eaten that in years after I became religious but I'd love to make some frikadels myself soon to catch up..

Bah, chimay....try Orval trappist ale, best of the belgium monk brews.
I also just don't get the whole euro/atlantic ideas of seafood, we use mussels for fish bait, not human consumption.
Get a nice Halibut filet, sear some sliced bell peppers, shallot, fresh tarragon in butter till the flavors mingle and then slide the halibut in the pan and sear well on the outside but leave rare in the center.
Take the fish out of the pan and pour in a bit of cream to make a roux/sauce out of the pan drippings and pour over the fish.
That is how you eat sea food.
Don't even get me started on soft shell crab.

Bah, chimay....try Orval trappist ale, best of the belgium monk brews.
I also just don't get the whole euro/atlantic ideas of seafood, we use mussels for fish bait, not human consumption.
Get a nice Halibut filet, sear some sliced bell peppers, shallot, fresh tarragon in butter till the flavors mingle and then slide the halibut in the pan and sear well on the outside but leave rare in the center.
Take the fish out of the pan and pour in a bit of cream to make a roux/sauce out of the pan drippings and pour over the fish.
That is how you eat sea food.
Don't even get me started on soft shell crab.
You should try a dozen of raw oysters nothing better than that.
We don't have halibut here but we have turbot which is close I think.... One of my favorite sea fish.... I can understand cultural difference for sea food.... Same for corn here.... For me it's to bait for carp fishing or to feed chickens not for human Beeings 😁

Turbot and Sole *look* like Halibut, but the actual flesh is quite different in taste and texture.
Halibut is quite firm but very flaky and has next to no "fishy" taste....it's like the old saying, tastes almost like chicken.
Not a personal fan of oysters as they are basically living water filters, anything like pollutants in the water they will concentrate in their meat.
I am a huge fan of fresh Tuna and cannot tell you how many I have caught over the years....ask Mus about "pok'e" done traditional style, although IMHO even above that is a traditional Japanese dish called "tuna tataki", or hell, just plain sushi style with soy and wasabi.

hehe thats cool! turning my snippy post into a big smile, you guys rock! 😁 for sure i`ll chime in with a six pack or two! Hertog Jan will be my contribution. And bring on that bbq with some fine salmon!

Turbot and Sole *look* like Halibut, but the actual flesh is quite different in taste and texture.
Halibut is quite firm but very flaky and has next to no "fishy" taste....it's like the old saying, tastes almost like chicken.
Not a personal fan of oysters as they are basically living water filters, anything like pollutants in the water they will concentrate in their meat.
I am a huge fan of fresh Tuna and cannot tell you how many I have caught over the years....ask Mus about "pok'e" done traditional style, although IMHO even above that is a traditional Japanese dish called "tuna tataki", or hell, just plain sushi style with soy and wasabi.
For tuna you're preaching to an already converted!
Love it. Mediterranean red tuna (bluefin?) is to die for. The fatesd part the belly is excelent grilled and others part in sashimi or takaki (still a bit raw inside) is killer.
You must have big muscles for tuna fishing.... One of the strongest fish in the world... When I was younger I caught a blue marlin of 400lb in Africa... Stand up with a 80lb rod.... Never more I almost die during the fight lol! Tuna is stronger than marlin pound for pound.
You would also be horrified with seafood here.... We even have sea snails.... Baked with an homemade mayo it's quite good🤣

Last edited:
Agent orange c l'original ou les F2 de philosopher seeds ?
Parvati c hyper resistant.... J'ai vu des plants début octobre à 3000m qui encaissaient des nuits à -5°C....

philosopher seeds

parvati deja fait en indoor au debut de rsc en 2007

leur stock sont casiment vide actuelement

deja fait parvati manala red liban mazaar

la photo de mazar et de la libanaise etait sur l'ancien forum peut etre trouvable sur un post dommage j'ai perdu les photos

philosopher seeds

parvati deja fait en indoor au debut de rsc en 2007

leur stock sont casiment vide actuelement

deja fait parvati manala red liban mazaar

la photo de mazar et de la libanaise etait sur l'ancien forum peut etre trouvable sur un post dommage j'ai perdu ede photos
Sorry we disgressed a bit since our last post 😅

Last edited:
Lived with a Dutch woman for 5 years. Never biked so much or ate so much cheese and licorice in my life lol. Go oranje!

🤙Mu

Bro, I'm stuck in that situation for life lol. All packages her family sends, will have at least 1kg of licorice.. Dropje for after your coffee!
You should know that after my wife and I got married few years ago, we practically got disinherited from both sides lol. Belgians and Dutch will get the joke immediately.

Telling your in-laws (in Amsterdam) that you will arrive at their place "somewhere between 2 and 3" is just not an option, I learned the hard way. You promise to get there at 2, 2.30 or 3 but not "somewhere between 2 and 3" :D I could tell you tons of "Belgian vs Dutch differences" from our marriage, it's hilarious sometimes.

Oh no, not the Belgian jokes! Her brother came stateside to see us one year, he leased a car to see the area. Before the rental was returned, he cleaned every vent, nook and cranny of that car with a toothbrush before returning it lol. Culture. They did live close to Germany after all hahaha.

Anyway, a good time had by all and a hearty congrats to @Tom bolenate!

🤙Mu

hehe thats cool! turning my snippy post into a big smile, you guys rock! 😁 for sure i`ll chime in with a six pack or two! Hertog Jan will be my contribution. And bring on that bbq with some fine salmon!

Or some of this...

Kanon.jpg

My sister's ex-bf (Dutch guy) once brought some of these and told me "this is a nice new beer". I started drinking them, thinking it was some new Grolsch pils but after 4 of these (33cl) in 1.5 hour, I can tell you I wasn't expecting that experience. This stuff has 12% alcohol and not the 5% that I anticipated :D

Back