Unpossible's NL5 x Afghan Grow #2-2013

UnpossibleOne

Here we go again, eighteen magic beans shortly coming to life!

I need a stash of indica, to gain some weight and hopefully become more relaxed... I'll surely find something kind in these. :p My basic plan is to veg about a month, root off a couple cuts from each, then send the seed plants into flowering.

I might select a good representative gal to put somewhere outside... FAR AWAY. But the thought of outdoor growing makes me feel double-extra black helicopterish. (See what I mean about needing to relax?) I don't know :D

Thanks for looking in, and I'll update as they grow up, wherever that may occur! I'll be peeking in on others' NL5 x Afg threads to get some insight...

Attachments

• NL5 x Afghan 5-8-13.jpg
    NL5 x Afghan 5-8-13.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 50
it kinda sucks that you gotta worry about the sky falling down on your head....:( ( I get paranoid too sometimes)

Don't worry so much,worse comes to worse it's not like you can't sleep with what you've done.You didn't steal to get what you wanted,you didn't maim or hurt anyone and you gave it all you could give;the skies and the sod steer you towards your dreams!( a truly organic experience in my opinion:p)

A video that helped me get over the heebies and the "what ifs" is the one made by "grower Kog"!
When I get scared I just remember that little song with the guitar and the harmonica.(doo-dut-doo-doo,dut-doo-doo-dut-doo)

Anyways,good luck on getting what you're after;
and remember
if you won't hurt no one,then how could I?Right?
J.:)

Eighteen seeds and eighteen babies. :cool: My second grow of '13 is on!

Attachments

• Eighteen babies! Mr Nice Seeds NL#5 x Afghan 5-11-13.jpg
    Eighteen babies! Mr Nice Seeds NL#5 x Afghan 5-11-13.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Week One!

All eighteen have been chilling under T5 tubes for one week, and they moved under a MH lamp set on 600w this morning. I'll crank it up to 11 over the next week...

I think 4-6 weeks of vegging, to allow the seed plants to mature, and give me time to root off a couple cuts from each.

I (sort-of) solemnly promise that I shall READ THE FUCKING DIRECTIONS on the nute jugs as it pertains to mixing foliar spray. Genius over here nearly screwed the goat in mid-flower, last go around. :eek: Y'all can change my screen name to Agent Orange.

Happy Growing!

Attachments

• NL5xAfg.jpg
    NL5xAfg.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Making new life!.jpg
    Making new life!.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 20
  • Mr Nice Seeds -  Northern Lights #5 x Afghani.jpg
    Mr Nice Seeds - Northern Lights #5 x Afghani.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 18
oh yeah unpossible,those are some good lookin seedlings!

excited to see more down the road
have fun!
tapi:p

Day 9 in the dirt.

I am thinking these kids are going to make it, and one of them is going to be a star! ;)

Also thinking I need to number them... maybe after they move into bigger pots? I've grown lazy. :eek:

They went up to 1000 watts this morning, and I sorted out my CO2 timer (was set on 'random' LOL)

Happy Growing!

Attachments

• NL5xAfg May 19 2013 Day#9.jpg
    NL5xAfg May 19 2013 Day#9.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
NL#5 x Afgan babies on day 10

TWELVE (not ten) days since these went underground... maybe one more feeding in the cups while the roots grow, then move them into bigger homes? :)

The greenhouse gas and 1100 watts has awakened the kids :eek:

One of my scenarios has the lights flipping to 12/12 in about a month upon the Summer Solstice (veg growth day #42) Not thinking the kids will give a care, but it's just something odd to log in the journal. With that timing, if any of these NL5xAfg venture forth to the pea patch outside, the chosen ones will be hip to the trip. :cool:

Attachments

• NL5xAfghani day #12.JPG
    NL5xAfghani day #12.JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 28
  • NL#5xAfgh Day 12 5-22-13.jpg
    NL#5xAfgh Day 12 5-22-13.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 39
  • NL#5 x  Afg day 12.jpg
    NL#5 x Afg day 12.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Day 17

Here is a peek at the kids on day #17 from seed. They were repotted last week, and seem to be happy. :)

The lower node branches are developing rapidly, and soon it shall be time to take some cuttings :)

One thing I am noticing is that these babies have a deep funky-skunky aroma! Just sitting there growing. :eek: We may want to resubscribe to the Giant Charcoal Exhaust Filter plan :eek: or maybe I can rejuvenate the ones I have (that look like fuel filters off the Queen Mary!) Stickem in a 170*° oven for awhile? Stuff either loves or hates that :D Or duct some dehumifdified air back through them :eek:

ETA: I got around to naming them last night. I present you NL#5 x Afghani kids A through R! :cool:

Happy Growing!

Attachments

• NL5xAfg 5-27-13 Day 17.jpg
    NL5xAfg 5-27-13 Day 17.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 48
  • NL5 x Afghan Day 17.jpg
    NL5 x Afghan Day 17.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 22
  • NL5xAfg 'J' day 17   5-27-13.jpg
    NL5xAfg 'J' day 17 5-27-13.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks Raho.

I gave the kids some food yesterday morning, and they took off. :) I'm going to let the roots grow into these pots for another week - one or two more feedings - then move them into 5gl pots for another couple weeks veg, and flower them.

We have lots of minor growing shoots to select cuttings from :cool:

Thanks for looking in & Happy Growing! :)

Attachments

• NL5xAfg Day 20.jpg
    NL5xAfg Day 20.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 61
  • NL5xAfg 'G' day 20.jpg
    NL5xAfg 'G' day 20.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 50
Day 27

My little friends are finishing up their fourth week under the blue light. I am starting to see root tips down at the drain holes (1gl poly pots) and they were feeling lots lighter, so I fed them again. Bigger pots ASAP and on target for flipping the lights on the solstice. :p

I took a number of clones off these (I try to get cuts rooted before flowering fully kicks in...) and I hope they are as vigorous as the seed plants. I also nipped the main top on all of them, allowing the side stems to take over.

At this stage of veg growth, they all appear uniform in appearance and vigor... IIRC the tallest is approx 15-16" and the shortest around 11-12". Hollow stems and really wide leaf blades are other dominant traits in this particular batch.

Happy Growing! :)

Attachments

• NL5xAfg Day 27.jpg
    NL5xAfg Day 27.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 45
  • NL 5 x Afgh Day 27.jpg
    NL 5 x Afgh Day 27.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 66
oh man unpossibleOne...good job bud!

them babies ain't messin around!
That's a good idea to match the photorythm outdoors;should make hardening off a bit less stressful.

good going...happy growing!

Very nice.
NL5xAfghan is a good yielder in my experience.
I didn't have a single plant with low yield.

What I noticed after a few months of smoking it: it comes on very slow.
You feel something immediately but the effects build up over 10-20 minutes. Never had such a slow high. Not a bad thing. Just worth knowing.

I'm curious if you experience the same.

subbed for the ride bro. They are looking very nice, very healthy - bet the cuttings root in 6 days or less. that nl5 is a beautiful thing.

Looking good i have some NL5 X Afg beans in the fridge at the min going to pop them in a month or so,

How are yours doing look really healthy almost mouth watering

UnpossibleOne

Can you please give us all a new update? I have this going at this time and want to see how a Pro does with this strain and im sure i will learn a few thing along the way.
Later,

Back