U2, me too, let’s grow U2

Skuncle Lenny

'23, '24 COE Winner
Yesterday I received my package of goodies from Mr. Nice, including a fine selection of 18 U2 seeds that I have soaked, and overnight all have sunk. I like to soak for 24-36 hours, a quick run thru paper towel/baggie until the radicle shows and b4 it curls, then into 16oz cups for a few weeks before transplanting to final destination. It’s kinda boring to post baby pics for now, so I’ll start posting pics once seedlings appear.
U2 has a superb lineage:
Mexican12.5%, Early Pearl 12.5% Early Girl 12.5% Super Skunk 12.5% and Haze 50%.
The Haze will keep my veg time short and pots 4-5 gallons. 50% Haze challenges me, as Angel Heart is pushing my height limits, and she’s only 25%(but I veg’d 8 wks).
I’m glad and honored to give U2 a nice tour in 2022.☮️

Yesterday I received my package of goodies from Mr. Nice, including a fine selection of 18 U2 seeds that I have soaked, and overnight all have sunk. I like to soak for 24-36 hours, a quick run thru paper towel/baggie until the radicle shows and b4 it curls, then into 16oz cups for a few weeks before transplanting to final destination. It’s kinda boring to post baby pics for now, so I’ll start posting pics once seedlings appear.
U2 has a superb lineage:
Mexican12.5%, Early Pearl 12.5% Early Girl 12.5% Super Skunk 12.5% and Haze 50%.
The Haze will keep my veg time short and pots 4-5 gallons. 50% Haze challenges me, as Angel Heart is pushing my height limits, and she’s only 25%(but I veg’d 8 wks).
I’m glad and honored to give U2 a nice tour in 2022.☮
yup best pics are in full flower :love: or some nice big trees or nice trained plants

U2 has a superb lineage:
Looking forward to your grow. ☮

I’m training plants now with low stress training to fit them under a fluo light. Helps with height problems. :)
Will be placing the net next round to keep the light at same height of all the buds.
U2 will be starring with the Cure. But it will be grown for a few months first. Catching sunlight now.
Here comes the sun, tweedle deedle.
Will be watching you with much anticipation.

U2 has a superb lineage:

Looking forward to hearing more about this grow! I'm joining in the U2 tester group and will be starting pretty soon. I have some Neville's Skunk & Angel Breath to follow, all three are going to be challenge grows to prove that these splendid genetics can be grown in small stealthy places.

Glad with the interest, but I gotta tell ya, I'm surprisingly struggling with germination 😱
All 18 seeds were small/tiny, 1/2 the 'average' size, yet they only needed a 24 hr soak to start showing, and radicles sprouted quickly 24 hrs in a paper towel, but VERY thin, hair like.
17 of 18 sprouted, transferred to soil and while almost all have germinated, popped thru soil, yet majority have grown 1" and then withered.
I'm treating them with ultra care, humidity dome, florescent, mellow soil, etc...checking on them very often.
I'm guessing just a numbers thing/luck of the draw, but I'll continue to handle with kid gloves and will keep you posted.
🤞

Glad with the interest, but I gotta tell ya, I'm surprisingly struggling with germination 😱
All 18 seeds were small/tiny, 1/2 the 'average' size, yet they only needed a 24 hr soak to start showing, and radicles sprouted quickly 24 hrs in a paper towel, but VERY thin, hair like.
17 of 18 sprouted, transferred to soil and while almost all have germinated, popped thru soil, yet majority have grown 1" and then withered.
I'm treating them with ultra care, humidity dome, florescent, mellow soil, etc...checking on them very often.
I'm guessing just a numbers thing/luck of the draw, but I'll continue to handle with kid gloves and will keep you posted.
🤞

Good to know, I'll prep a nursery ICU in case I need One!

🤞
I placed 5 on the windowsill and totally forgot about them, window is always open and it was 1°C at its coldest, but they are all still standing and germed in a cold appartement. No special care given. They are in the “selection tray” where they get very little care but just enough to survive. Them seeds need little care, only light to not stretch. Even when you forget about them and they stretch, you can repot them till the soil reaches the cotyledon leaves again. Them 2 first leaves.

They need to be hardened from seed on, not softenend :) U2 has strong genetics.

Looking forward to this grow. I got a nice package from MNS last week and am going to start some U2, Early Queen and maybe Early Haze soon for my first attempted outdoor grow since 1975. Need to make a little road trip to visit my amigo @BuzzardsBay for another batch of his living organic soil "straight outta compost." My last grow the plants absolutely thrived in that stuff, and even looked good and healthy after 20 weeks, something that I've been unable to achieve with hydroponics. I may start a separate thread but I can post a few pics in here also.

Are you growing U2 indoors or out? If outdoors, what latitude?

Looking forward to this grow. I got a nice package from MNS last week and am going to start some U2, Early Queen and maybe Early Haze soon for my first attempted outdoor grow since 1975. Need to make a little road trip to visit my amigo @BuzzardsBay for another batch of his living organic soil "straight outta compost." My last grow the plants absolutely thrived in that stuff, and even looked good and healthy after 20 weeks, something that I've been unable to achieve with hydroponics. I may start a separate thread but I can post a few pics in here also.

Are you growing U2 indoors or out? If outdoors, what latitude?

Straight Outta Compost

That's a t shirt right there 😄

My hobby is all indoors. September gets too rainy. I’ve tried 3x’s outdoors and this year will only do a few Autos outside in the gardens.
I’ve been rockin with my MNS grows to date, so I was due to mess something up 😎
I have time, so we’ll see.
That’s why I don’t agree in testruns. Murphy’s law... :D That law is strong when people are watching over your shoulder. Gnarf.

2 weeks since the initial soak and all I got are 4. Such an anomaly shouldn’t be part of this show n tell, as NO ONE goes 4-18. That’s barely above The Mendoza Line. No seeds have that many duds, and no grower is this bad, so this is just double bad luck.
I’ll treat the foursome with care, so we’ll see how this plays out.
9546051E-F8C2-4B76-A4DF-CC0994364127.jpeg
A5B5206D-F08C-46A7-ACF5-F66EBB05E678.jpeg

"The Mendoza Line is baseball jargon for a sub-.200 batting average, the absolute minimum threshold for competence at the Major League level.[1] It derives from light-hitting shortstop Mario Mendoza, who failed to reach .200 five times in his nine big league seasons.[2] When a position player's batting average falls below .200, the player is said to be "below the Mendoza Line".

If you are below the 'Mendoza Line' you should not be playing baseball or growing pot! ;) However, Skuncle Lenny is 4-18, a .222 batting average. He is above the 'Mendoza Line' so it is ok if Skuncle Lenny continues to grow pot. But we need to keep an eye on him.

Longball

Last edited:
Back