Twin seeds

lion

Has anyone got experience with twin seeds. I recently got 2 seeds in 1 pod. What can I expect? If there is 1 male 1 female what happens when they inbred

Hi Lion.
I seem.to get them too, in Nordle lines.
Sometimes three.
If you sprout on a sheet you may be able to seperate them.
I normally cull the twin, as I plant germenate into soil.
I have found them to be identical.
Two girls for price of one hopefully.

Can cut straight through the centre of it.

Has for inbreeding, all cannabis is inbred and most of shantibabas work are of IBL only way to preserve desirable traits

In 3 grows I had this happen twice.

Once from Peakseeds C99 and now from Critical Mass.

There is another thread here on the board on the subject.

These twins seem to appear more and more as time goes on (probably some effect on the gene pool of cannabis over the years of breeding).

Anyway, long story short:
Most likely they are 2 identical plants and if you don't remove one of them, they will both grow and mature with one just remaining smaller than the other.

For me that's what I ended up with.

I would rather remove the small one and top the bigger one for additional colas. From my (limited) experience, it seems "better" than leaving them both to grow in the same pot. Just gonna end up with 2 identical plants where one is considerably smaller/behind and overall lower yield than if you grew out 1 and topped it.

Just my 2 cents.

hey Bro !

speaking of C99 - you sure know of her other "anomaly" , meaning her individual calyx at the base of the big fan leaf - where nothing else should grow.

i see a correlation there - twins and/or siamese twins and those C99 budlets (i guess budlet is the choosen term for this anomaly as far as i can remember) , both indicating an above average fertility and by that being far more ahead in evolution than other strains

or i do seem to look at it the total opposite way and those twins and budlets are evolutions leftovers that arent anymore needed and the building plan has been optimized for the plant and a downgrade was the resulting process; there are 1000s of 1000s of seeds, a handful more or less wont cut the cake and geo location of budlets is also in range of sidearms, so also a patt situation here

i dont know; what was first: chicken or egg, what follows what, cause and effect or just a read/write copy error when duplicating said double helix ?

I'm really not sure what to make of it deran.

My best guess would be that this is a trait in the plant that no-one thought "that's a problem, got to go" and thus it was never eliminated.
On the flipside it was nothing particularly desirable so nobody bottlenecked into that direction either.

I would say it likely just tagged along unnoticed until present day where in the current gene pool of cannabis it is more prevalent than in the past and thus shows up more and more.

If I had the facilities and resources, I would say this is a highly desirable and interesting topic for research.

Crossing a twin male and twin female with each other and breeding/bottlenecking in that direction, would that lead to a strain with high % of having twins from each seed?
Would it remain a simple "smaller copy" or would differences between the twins arise over time?

Could be fascinating but as it stands, it doesn't seem to have a large effect on neither potency nor yield which are, from what I gather, still the two driving factors in this industry/hobby. So nobody has done research into the subject so far.

Until somebody does, I am afraid the question "why" and "what came first" remain open to wild speculation.

Entertaining though, isn't it? :D

Last edited:
what i can expect with that ?

the other twin i have a big one and the over just out to day and is very little
a ratio of 80/20

on the picture is more like 55/45

i want to keep it together if is like human twin separated can be stressed then ?

very strange

a twin road kill should be crazy

I would try and separate if you can. If not, kill the smaller one so the larger can grow to a full size plant

two seeds in one calyxx

I recently found two seeds in one calyx. I have kept them separate to see if they are the same.

what i can expect with that ?

the other twin i have a big one and the over just out to day and is very little
a ratio of 80/20

on the picture is more like 55/45

i want to keep it together if is like human twin separated can be stressed then ?

very strange

a twin road kill should be crazy

finaly the twin on the pics are males and very strange the other twin 80/20
the tall is a girl and the little a male

Threw some pollen to make some seed.. mate comes back tells me, all that I gave him are either Whorled phyllotaxy or twins... Thinking something wasn't right, I've got 30 in paper towel, 8 have cracked with 5 twins showing so far... Seeds F2 green crack x sour d..
It was only three, other two must have been tissue paper, lol.. 3-24... Now find how many whorrled..

Last edited:
In 3 grows I had this happen twice.

Once from Peakseeds C99 and now from Critical Mass.

There is another thread here on the board on the subject.

These twins seem to appear more and more as time goes on (probably some effect on the gene pool of cannabis over the years of breeding).

Anyway, long story short:
Most likely they are 2 identical plants and if you don't remove one of them, they will both grow and mature with one just remaining smaller than the other.

For me that's what I ended up with geometry dash

I would rather remove the small one and top the bigger one for additional colas. From my (limited) experience, it seems "better" than leaving them both to grow in the same pot. Just gonna end up with 2 identical plants where one is considerably smaller/behind and overall lower yield than if you grew out 1 and topped it.

Just my 2 cents.

I've seen at least a dozen over the years, and I don't pop THAT many seeds. It's pretty common.

Back