To try another CM as a mother or not?

jadashi

After a few opinions about 2 strains I am holding...

One Critical Mass (MNS) and one Afghani (Sensi SB)

Basicly I cant work out if I have a slightly lagging Critical or a freakish Afghani...

I have pulled yields of 1.3 g per watt with the CM using a four cell under 4 x 600s and thought fairly respectable cosidering the enviromet etc, but this time 1 Afghani was placed into the 4 cell and I have to say is beating the CM to death both in vegative speed and flower coating...

Both strains were chosen for specific reasons with the expectation that the CM would provide good yields, strong skunky hi and flavor, with the Afi expected to be lesser yielding high potency medi product to end a day if needed... also their flowering times are very close which allowed a tandem grow if desired etc...

Anyway...
The clones have almost had identical paths from the day they were taken until now verging on their 8th week.

Id estimate approx 20 oz on the single Afghani while the CMs would be around 14 max each... (identical paths)

Im interested if some of you think the CM mother I have can be improved on or the Afghani should be held onto as it could be rather unique...

I do have some more beans of both but holding them more out of back up storage as im a cloner by nature with limited vegging capabilities due to space...

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty sure the original Big Bud cut was an Afghan so it is possible to find a good yielder but it all depends which Critical Mass you mother some are insane but some are just average yielders.

Hmmmmm,

I'm leaning towards the CM I have kept so far not being an optimum individual gene/pheno compared to what some people play with (which is kinda mind blowing) but had thought nothng of it hitting 1.3 a watt slightly guerilla ;)... Aswell as this Afghani being a bit of a freak fitness wise .

The Prob with the Afghani is that its like smoking pump diesel with a bat to the face if not completed properly in any step as the CM is like smoking lollies my mates fight over seconds for...

Back