TKO's going Hazey Crazy.

TheKindOne

Hey folks, I am new to Mr. Nice's forums and with that I want to start off right with some of his SSH. Now I have been dreaming of this day for some time. I first smoked some SSH years ago and must have cought the bug. It was a buzz and taste that has never been forgoten.
This will be my first test of the Haze. I run a few longer strains but none this long.
Is it better to hit her with 12/12 off the bat so not to get such a monster plant? Or should I let her run to a larger size? I was thinking about 14 weeks to finish? Is this right or longer. I run a 11on and 13off cycle now but should I run a 10/14 to simulate the natural equitorial enviornment?
I just want to enjoy the SSH and any more info to put me in the right direction would be muchly appriciated.
I run a organic style soil show. I got 2, 1000K Hortilux HPS by Eye to shed some light on the situation. I got the head room to get a larger plant so size really isn't a concern.
I hope that with all your help I should get to enjoy some of the worlds finest genetitcs. Thanks ------------------------------------------TKO-

Hey TheKindOne,

First of all welcome!:) You said that you have the plants under 11/13 , how many days old are these now?and how many plants are per 1kw light?

So you ve flowered them from seed if I understand correctly.Since there is no problem with height in your growroom I would advise you to not top them now as the SSH need some veg time if you plan to top/fim IMO , other strains with higher sat % in their blood , can .. but with SSH it will decrease yields significantly..
When I flowered my SSH from seed I sexed all plants by day ~20 from seed sprout, most males showed sex earlier from day 15(!)-18.

The SSH is 50% haze and from my experience 11/13 is good , I advise you to go with 10/14 or 9/15 'only' if you want to finish them a little faster and perhaps with less 'stretch' by 'forcing' faster flowering hormone production. 10/14 and/or 9/15 is more suited to pure sativas in my opinion or strains with high sativa percentage in the genetic makeup.I ve tested many MNS strains on flowering from seed grows and I ve even tried indica dominant strais as well, and from the results I believe that SSH can use 12/12 or 11/13 gradually lowered to 9hrs per light through the mid/late flowering period without much yield loss , ..especially considering the less energy used with 10/14, and this way they finish a week or two earlier.

So ..If you 've flowered these SSH from seed , all phenos should be pretty ripe (30-50% trichs have turned amber and most callyxes are swollen)...
.. by week ~13-15 maximum ...depending on pheno ...so you're spot on on your estimation!:DOne last thing that I d like to ask you is , are planning to keep clones from these , by revegging the 'best' plant, then take cuts etc ?? The reason I am asking is if you can t afford keeping clones and wont do another grow straight after these SSH , I suppose these SSH girls yields are important to you...so, if you want maximum yields from these seedplants why not grow them under 12/12 or 11/13 from start to finish ? Less hrs/per day like 10/14 or 9/15 may decrease the yields slightly..so its up to you ;) Hope this helps.I am sure you ll love your SSH its definitely one of the best commercial hybrid strains available!If it has impressed you as a smoker I am sure you ll be amazed as a grower by extreme vigor growth as well!

PS.It would be nice if you could show us a pic from the girls and share some more info on the setup/pot size/feeding..etc..
Have fun and good luck :)

Last edited:
L33T, Yea M8, I got then just about to sprout. I was just wanting some more info on her so not to make a mistake.
Sounds like I will give them a bit of veg time and take clones as I always do. I currently have 42 plants in 3 gallon bags. I am running Blue moon rocks, Apollo Thunder, Blowfish, JHxNHxBM, 3xBM, BubbaxOG Kush, Purple Rhino, and S.A.G.E. I am only keeping the Blowfish and then starting the SSH and a few more.
I appriciate your information and hope to use it soon. Cheers----------TKO-

Back